Reactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bekinder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Oklahoma
I have two Reactor Minis that work like a charm. I bought the full sized one last month
and had it for awhile before I put it together to try. My first try; the tank was flooded and
want to know if this will knock the battery out? I have contacted Halo and got help with
the tank, and followed their instructions, put it on another unit and it worked fine. The battery
was charged a couple of hours on the Reactor after a few hours of use(didn't really need to).
The unit worked for awhile , like an hour or so after that, then; battery dead. Tried to charge again several days later; nothing...no light, just dead battery.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I have two Reactor Minis that work like a charm. I bought the full sized one last month
and had it for awhile before I put it together to try. My first try; the tank was flooded and
want to know if this will knock the battery out? I have contacted Halo and got help with
the tank, and followed their instructions, put it on another unit and it worked fine. The battery
was charged a couple of hours on the Reactor after a few hours of use(didn't really need to).
The unit worked for awhile , like an hour or so after that, then; battery dead. Tried to charge again several days later; nothing...no light, just dead battery.
If the liquid seeped out of the tank onto, then into the battery, only then could it "knock it out".
I'm not sure if the reacor mini has a "stealth" lights out function.
But I do know Halo warranties batteries for 60 days from date of purchase.

Good luck!
:)

Reactions: Bekinder

Bekinder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Got a note from Customer Service today, they will give me 25% off if I mail
this back to them. Nope! I used them almost exclusively for 5-6 years on juice.
I've tried to order other things in the last few months and their shipping at $11.00 or so really got me. Played with my orders a bit before pushing any "go" button, and found if you had a small coupon, think mine was a $3.00 one and noticed shipping jumped from a reasonable $5. to $6.price to $11.? I did call their hand on this. Didn't tell them my experiment. Ordered two units from another company and my shipping was about $3.85. I think that's the end of that company for me.

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
25% off? That does not sound like a warranty.

Of course, this would be facilitated if Halo had a representative here in ecf.

I would call them on it. A 60 day warranty is a warranty. I can see that they want to see it first. Unless they are assuming that you damaged the unit, it should be repaired or replaced.

Further, it is a shame that Halo's cost of a replacement is deemed to be more valuable than the negative comments generated.

Good luck to you, in any direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread