Ready to buy DNA 200 mod but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Then comes to mind... "What about all those 18650 batteries I have"? In addition to this thought, I'm wondering how safe are these batteries compared to being cozy with the 18650. Not to mention how on earth do I charge these things? Just makes my head scratch. While the chip itself is great, but the battery life also bugs me. Already have enough saved up "points" to either pour onto either a dna 200 shark or Hotcig.

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
Reuleaux - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Boxer Mod 133W with Evolv DNA200 Temperature Control - Ginger Vaper

And I can't find a link for it but the Steammonkey Vero:
Steammonkey-Vero.jpg

Problem solved.

Last edited:

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
Well, Google is definitely your friend when trying to learn new things. There's also a post on here discussing 18650's vs LiPo's: 3 X 18350's for DNA 200?

As far as your old 18650's should you decide you no longer want/need them when you geg a DNA200 you could probably always put them up for sale on the classifieds here or give them to a friend who might need them.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
...DNA 200 shark or Hotcig.
Between these two I would take none of the above.

...how safe are these batteries compared to being cozy with the 18650.
Overall, not as safe to handle. But great for sub-ohming with their lower voltage drop and high continuous current draw.

...how on earth do I charge these things?
With the built-in DNA 200 1A balance charger via micro USB or outside of the mod with an external balance charger such as the Bantam e-Station.

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I'll just wait later down the line when a safer battery version comes out or until they make more other dna200 mods that accepts 18650. Don't get me wrong, there are some out there already but not to my liking based on design or too bulky.
An 18650 DNA 200 box requires a minimum of 3 batteries, and even then precautions have to be taken. Lipo batteries are NOT safe never have been but the only reason they're being used is because of their output.

Ask yourself will I ever really need 200w? Only you can answer that but if the answer is no why do you "need" a DNA200?

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
An 18650 DNA 200 box requires a minimum of 3 batteries, and even then precautions have to be taken. Lipo batteries are NOT safe never have been but the only reason they're being used is because of their output.

Ask yourself will I ever really need 200w? Only you can answer that but if the answer is no why do you "need" a DNA200?

Nah you can use two, but you only get 133w max then.

Also don't bother with the Vero, get a Wismec Reuleaux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread