READYxWICK for non cotton people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thajones

Jun 2, 2010
Sanford, FL
Just got my slim 2mm with high expectations, I might try it on my taifun gs. The 3mm was good, but too thick/inflexible for most of my mods except for Gennys. If it will flex enough and wick for my GS, I will be able to stop using ecowool and TWIX (which seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth) for my kayfun, and THAT will be Nirvana, no more replacing my coil and wick every couple weeks!

In my Gennys, the 3mm has dry-burned well each time.

by the way, RBASupplies does a great job with their rope, I used to get it from another place prior to finding them, and it DID fray a lot easier. RBASupplies is the real deal.

Last edited:

swamijivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Sunny Italy (South!)
These guy will ship international I think. Wire & Ceramic

"XC-116 is not available for export; international orders that include this product will not have this product shipped to them, and will recieve a gift certificate in the amount spent on the wick."

No they don't ... If someone know other resources in EU please post a link, thanks !

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Just ordered 2 feet of the slim 2mm to try.
I have been an advocate for xc ceramic wicks for awhile now as they are soooooooo maintance free! I used to use cotton exclusively. Great flavor, great wicking etc. but seemed to always find my self having to rewick every day or accidently burning up the wick or being out and about having to rewick, always a challenge when driving I might add and always having to be pay attention to squonking frequency. With the xc I just build a coil with it and forget about it. Good to go for at least a month with no issues! I just dry burn at the end of the day and it's like brand new everytime! Squonk, vape until it feels like going dry, and squonk again! No burning, breaking, dissintigration traits of cotton.
Just my 2cents!
Going to try this as the XC I have been getting from another vendor says heat treated but only like 700 degrees from what I remember. I want to see if there is a difference in taste, quality, wicking diferences. Higher heat treatment makes me feel safer.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Thajones:12544559 said:
Just got my slim 2mm with high expectations, I might try it on my taifun gs...

If it will flex enough and wick for my GS...

I just tried it, and it poked through the two holes easier than ever...

Boba's Bounty took a while to fully absorb, but since it's 100% VG, that's no surprise. So far this is the best performance I've had on the GS and by far the easiest build - totally hassle free, like it was made for it!

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Just got my shippment of 2mm from RBA and it seems a slight bit smaller than the xc-132 I was getting from the other supplier. Which should work nicely in my 1.5mm coils.

Please let us know your findings. Are you able to tell the difference in taste, wicking etc. between this and "the other vendor's" xc132?

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
First thing I noticed is the ends aren't taped and they aren't frayed either. I'm headed out of town early tomorrow, If I get a chance I'll build one tonight and take it with me.

Let me know how you build yours. So far I had to put something through the middle and wrap free hand. I have not been able to thread it through my 1.5mm coils. I'm letting the juice soak in the wick now so I'll try it in a while.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
with the xc-132 from SNG. I'd heat it with a torch to get it stiffer, cut end to a point. And then twist like the wraps in the coil were a nut and I was threading a bolt into them. Pay attention to which way the wraps go so that you twist in the direction that will help pull it through instead of fighting it.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I stick a straight pin or needle through the hollow of the wick and then do tight micro coil wraps...

I did just get the 2mm wick threaded through the premade 1.5 Ohms "tight" coils from Fasttech with resistance/non-resistance wire to test on a ProTank just for kicks. What a combo! Non-rez legs means less chance of burning the insulator while dry burning the ceramic wick. It's still a ProTank, though, but still...heck of a way to build it.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Let me know how you build yours. So far I had to put something through the middle and wrap free hand. I have not been able to thread it through my 1.5mm coils. I'm letting the juice soak in the wick now so I'll try it in a while.

That's how I make mine. Actually I'm getting pretty good at it. Not really any different than wrapping around a drill bit. Actually I find it easier as the warps kind of "grip" the XC as I wrap, not as slippery winding like a meteal drill bit.My coils come out the same as when I used to use 1/16 drill bit and slide in my cotton so I see no advantage of trying to slip in the xc after making the coil except can't "squeeze" the coils together after wrapping but really can't tell the difference in performance. I use the same needle each time so I can get the same ohm reading each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread