Real Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
@fozzie how have any out comes came with mixing with the like s of F.A. INW, MF, or any others of the stronger flavors from any company hold up? I see you mix alot with S.C. but I was wondering how they mix with some of the others, or if you have tried yet, if so what your opinion is on how they play.
I have only made a handful of RF SC recipe testers so far, and only one or two had a single non RF SC flavors in there (because I don't yet have an RF SC of that flavor). I have no plans to make recipes that combine RF SC with TFA, etc flavors. There are lots of people on ELR doing that though if you search the various Real Flavors, what ya mixing, recipe sneak peak, etc forum threads or search the recipe side for some RF flavors.

I am moving towards using nothing but RF SC. I have 41 flavors so far and almost 30 more in my cart for my next order. I have 30 - 50 non RF flavors from my first few flavoring purchases that will be getting mixed into big batches, while I work on testing 20ml RF SC tester recipes I have in my juice calc, and once those TFA, etc flavors are gone they will never be replaced other than RY4 Double for me and Western + Menthol for my room mates preferred juice.

Reactions: Kenna

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I've been mixing a long time. I have my favs from other companies. With a drawer full of 200+ flavors from different companies there's no way I'm mixing with just one kind. There's a place for them all,or most anyway.
I have only been mixing since the end of last summer. I like what I see from RF SC flavors, and they are a local company to me (I try and keep my money in my state whenever possible), so it is much easier for me to convert than someone with as many flavors as you. I am also not very picky when it comes to flavors which helps, plus I really like the idea of using 3.5% total flavoring per recipe instead of 15 - 20 percent like I have to do with the TFA, etc flavors.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I hope that works well for you. I have to be picky about what I vape cause my tastes are limited. Sweet stuff does not work for me.Most all fruits are out also etc etc.

My sc flavors will be here today and I'm excited to mix them. Mixing hasn't excited me in a long time...LOL.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Not sure if I already posted this but the flavors I have coming are
    Bavarian Cream
    Bourbon
    Sweet Cream
    Hazelnut
    Cheesecake
    Graham Cracker.
    Cheesecake is quite strong. Start at 0.25 - 0.5% with recipes IME. I SF tested it at 1.5% and it was pretty overpowering/sour. Bourbon is pretty potent too. That I tested at 1.0% and now have it in 16 recipes in my calculator to try at an average of 0.63%. The Graham Cracker avg % in my calculator's 32 recipes to try is 0.77%.

The other 3 you have coming are in my cart to order next.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Cheesecake is quite strong. Start at 0.25 - 0.5% with recipes IME. I SF tested it at 1.5% and it was pretty overpowering/sour. Bourbon is pretty potent too. That I tested at 1.0% and now have it in 16 recipes in my calculator to try at average of 0.63%. The Graham Cracker avg % in my calculator's 32 recipes to try is 0.63%.

Good to know. Ty. Glad the cheesecake isn't sweet. I have Lemon Tea,Strawberry and Pear in my cart now. I'm not big on fruit but I can do those two in limited amounts.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Cheesecake is quite strong. Start at 0.25 - 0.5% with recipes IME. I SF tested it at 1.5% and it was pretty overpowering/sour. Bourbon is pretty potent too. That I tested at 1.0% and now have it in 16 recipes in my calculator to try at an average of 0.63%. The Graham Cracker avg % in my calculator's 32 recipes to try is 0.77%.

I'd take a guess on the other three. These are all new to me.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Which were you mistaken on?

Bavarian Cream
    Sweet Cream
    Hazelnut

The Bav Cream should be here tomorrow. The Sweet Cream and Hazelnut I do not have yet but plan to order when I place my next large order. You should be able to get some suggested usage percentages over at that recipe site I can't mention.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    well package 3 showed up today, they are in a different bottle, still pet but cobalt blue and taller and slimmer. down to the lab to test out Shortbread,Taffy,and Bluberry pastry.
    That's how mine are too.My first package with the bread pudding and souffle were clear standard type bottles,and the 3 that showed up today are those taller slim bottles,i kinda like those bottles better,they will take up less space in my overly crowded flavor stash.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    What is the steep time on the sc flavors?
    It depends on the flavor(s) in the recipe. Fruits take less than custard and creams, like they would with any flavor vendor, but in general I would say 2 - 4 weeks is where they start to come together properly. I am vaping a single flavor French Toast 3.5% this morning I mixed 24Oct that is outstanding. I haven't done any proper recipes in big batches yet (since I have so much steeped juice using TFA, etc flavors), just 20ml testers that I let go 4 - 8 weeks before combining with other recipes to free up testing bottles.

I now have 41 of the RF SC flavors and am working on placing another order for ~26 more new flavors next week if I can do them will call pickup so I can meet Walt. If I can't do a pickup order I will probably put the order off for a month or two as he just announced 3 new flavors coming out this week (strawberry gelato, rice pudding and fruit COPYRIGHTDMCA) and said they are switching over their main production facility this weekend to all SC so I expect a lot more of the VG (and beta) flavors will be showing up on their site over the coming weeks/months.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I just have 4 single flavor testers mixed. Cheesecake,Graham cracker,Bourbon and Hazelnut.
    I start drip testing my testers a day or two after I make them and then every few days after that so I can see how they change over time. Some of them can give a bit of a heavy chest feeling early on (I believe from the alcohol in the flavoring) which should go away in that 2 - 4 week range if you are testing them a couple times a week (so that the alcohol has a chance to evaporate). I used to leave the caps off for an hour or two after they were first mixed with my badger paint mixer but Walt, and users on other forums, have advised against leaving the cap off for extended periods of time so I am trying it this way now.

Reactions: Kenna
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread