Real Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Same mix as abt all of the VG around 5% (30ml/40drps) but remember I use max VG and 1.5% nic so the more nic the more flavor you will need prolly. No steep really abt a week old. Sat juice in abt 180c water for few mins then add flavor, shake good then another few mins in 180c water. I mixed it abt wend or thurs I think, taste same now as then. And I suppose it depends on what you vape with, I use 3mm .3 ohm SS 316 coils in everything 25 watts or 370 degree TC mode (seldom wattage usually TC) in Kanger subtanks and drippers (many) and cotton bacon that cotton bacon IMO is crucial to true taste from start to end, I have used it all and that stuff beats em all for true taste. RBAs in the subtanks no way to get good taste with a kanger coil they just plain suck (my opinion now). The subtanks are either plus (6ml) or the FT 9ml tank replacements mostly 9ml tanks they fit on the kanger mini base just real tall.
$6.19 Replacement Tank Set for SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - stainless steel + glass / 9ml / top refill holes at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Kanger 22mm mini base and kanger RBA
$5.78 Petri Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - glass + stainless steel / 23.5mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping I use a single coil in most of mine

I mostly drip in a Velocity like above so I am spoiled as far as good taste, dripping is the way to vape for me. That thing with single coil will hold abt 15 drops easy. Beware drip a few days you will get addicted and you will lower nic lol. Mostly it is the persons taste what I like you may hate ya know. But I sure taste no clove in this baklava. Remember tho I said I tried an extract and it had a funny taste like alcohol. It was Baked Bread maybe that is the taste you are getting. A clove taste to me sounds like cotton maybe guessing here now. And baklava is a cake like thing so maybe there is the clove taste.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Could be the cinni. Maybe I didn't cure the extract I tested long enough. Wife still vapes it she loves it, but no cinni in baked bread I wouldn't think. So you have really eaten baklava huh, I never have but if it takes like this I would gain 500 lbs I love this stuff. I have liked a lot of flavors but this sucker is so good I can't put it down.

I dripped RF Butter Toffee in with it early and man did it get good lol. I was sticking my lips together almost so rich.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I use a dripper for taste testing, Kennedy clone dual coil at <0.3 ohm and 40ish watts. For tanks I use various RTA, mostly dual coil in TCSS mode at 0.2 - 0.3 ohm, but my merlin is still rocking some hive wire in TC mode at 0.12 ohm and 65 - 70 watts.

I eat baklava whenever I stumble across it and love it. The corner store that does some hot/cold food will make it up every few months and there are some bakeries nearby I will stop in for some depending on what my weight is at that day lol. I have never gotten a clove note when I ate it but maybe RF uses it and I am not used to it, or the fact that there is a little cloves with the cinnamon, or maybe it is just the alcohol in these extract versions that need time to steep/breathe off some. I know the french toast extract is really coming to life the more it steeps.

The VG flavors coming later this week are all different flavors so I won't be able to compare vg/extract versions of the same recipe but will definitely look to grab a vg version of the baklava, pumpkin pie and french toast to compare in the future.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Got my VG flavors today and mixed up the bread pudding at 12%. In for a penny in for a pound. I can always dilute with unflavored nic base later if need be. It smells wonderful after a mix, 90 minute warm bath and another mix. It is now in the bath again then it will get some nic and thrown in the tray of testers to try on a dripper in a few days.

I will probably mix up the aged bourbon cream and apple pie tomorrow, and some more testers of baklava and pumpkin pie extracts at a lower percentage and/or make sure I add the nic after the warm bath, if I have time.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
31Aug mix report: The French Toast Raw/Extract I mixed @ 2% was so good after just a week I already mixed up a 100ml batch to let steep naturally.

02Sept mix report: Vaped the Baklava again today and the cinnamon and clove notes are beginning to get refined and more mellow now. It is tasting much better now after steeping for 5 days. I am going to keep letting it steep before I consider making a new batch with a lower percent (and making sure to add the nic after the warm bath/mix process). The Pumpkin Pie is tasting absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see how much better that one gets.

06Sept mix report: The VG Bread Pudding @ 12% is awesome after just one day. I will be ordering this in bigger bottles for sure. @Walt_RealFlavors will this be available in Raw extract form eventually?

07Sept mix report: Currently have the VG Apple Pie @ 12% and the Aged Bourbon Cream @ 11% in the warm bath. The AP smells more apple than pie so far but I am sure that will change as it steeps. The ABC smells amazing, can't wait to vape that and see how it changes as it ages.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
02Sept mix report update: I bought some classic baklava this morning and ate a piece, had a small drink of water and went downstairs for a vape: the Baklava vape is definitely mellowing on the clove/cinnamon notes and the pastry/nut notes are coming forward. Eager to see how it is after a couple more weeks.

07Sept mix report update: Aged Bourbon Cream tastes pretty nice after just a day. Faint bourbon taste, nice cream taste. Should be really good as it ages more. Apple Pie surprised me when I tasted it today. It still smells very apple forward but the pie/crust taste is definitely there so it should round out nicely as it ages.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Glad to see you are starting to enjoy RF. I see quite a bit of change in some flavors after some age but just weaker IMO. I haven't changed any much except I think the Cookies & Cream I bumped it up after just a few days and it is now very good. I am a fan of RF after trying so many others man they just seem to blend so much better and stay that way for me. I have never enjoyed vaping so much I needed them 7 years ago the rest can be good but way too much diddling around and adjusting for me. Thumbs up to the flavor creator who does their mixing.

blueberries & cream - heavy blueberry fresh maybe cream will appear on age
caramel - good fresh but I bet needs work later
chocolate milkshake - this 1 I really like fresh it was lip smacking good very true taste
french vanilla - I wasn't impressed but wife liked it, I prefer VZ concentrated Vanilla Deluxe myself
orange cream - Very good Orange abt right and creamy background fresh we will see. better than FW or TFA
samoa cookie - Awesome fresh, caramel, slight choco and nice sweet with very slight cookie in background
rocky road - best Ice Cream ever I loved it fresh so good it gets the ice cream taste in my throat. authentic taste
cream - very good cream fresh I always used FW to mix but not now this is best for me
dreamsicle - I love it vaping it now fruity and creamy good I taste many fruits in it but heaviest I think orange
pineapple cake - unsure here fresh it was good and authentic we will see after age, pineapple is a hard 1
apple pie - good pie for sure as you said light AP and sweet apple
coconut cream pie - I love this stuff authentic taste and not coconut overdone sweet and good
chocolate - untested waiting on nic/vg order
Boston Cream Pie - this stuff is great so creamy and choco is just right it has aged a couple weeks
Butter Toffee - this is good alone nice buttery and good, in recipes would prolly work with anything
Cherry Pie - Wow was I impressed in a week I have vaped 30ml cherry is perfect with light AP
Chocolate Cake - good and well blended wife loves it even get the frosting taste in my throat
Cinnamon Custard - good blend and their cinnamon is really good
Creme Brulee - aged a couple weeks a tad weaker than fresh but in a tank good stuff
Baklava - we know this is good, I really like it
Fruit Danish - great for me 2 weeks old fruity good and weak AP might could use more AP vaped lots here
Strawberry Milkshake - I want this to be good but 5% was too strong gotta work on it
Stuffed French Toast - almost same as fruit danish with that french toast egg in background fruit is perfect
Banana Bread - still as it was fresh after 2 weeks nice bread with slight nut and smooth banana
butterscotch pudding - I upped to 5.5% & too much needs works after a couple weeks but was great fresh mix
bread pudding - Yummy stuff very rich and to me like real deal but been years since I ate the stuff
Aged Bourbon Cream - Nice cream for recipes I think nice full body flavor

I think that is the entire list and really most were around 5% - 6% and all VG based. I haven't tested em all very much but just fresh in a dripper. Some were awesome and all good just some not my thing. As I have said I stay around 30ml/40 - 46 drops lots seem to need a few drops more. Almost all got weaker with age but we will see in a while longer several were just mixed yesterday. In all the RF VG I have not seen a 1 that to me was yukky and I will sometime vape them all. I have a few more on the way gotta try the Ice Cream that Rocky Road is so good. And their cherry in the pie so good gotta try it.

Wow 12% with bread pudding that would choke me with low nic like I use, my lips would be stuck together. We all have our tastes. I am a low flavor feller, I don't like to taste it except vaping and want no aftertaste. I think most of mine will end up abt 6 or 7% in the end. I have started fresh now going up some to start with. The reason I don't use % is never could get the exact same every time measuring in a tube and no way a slow syringe with max VG. And weight is a PITA. I just change drippers in flavor bottles to all the same and stay with drops. And I use small droppers like RF bottles on em all and I haven't measured the drops per ml either but will guess and say prolly 30 drops per ml so I may be mixing higher % than I think. And mostly all I mix max is 60ml so I just use 30 and drops. That is what I like best abt RF they are all very close to the same mix for me. I have dripped 30ml of that Dreamsicle since noon Thurs dang I like that stuff. So freaking fruity & creamy @ 30ml/43 drops.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Baklava - we know this is good, I really like it....

szfDmyz.png

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
LOL.. I am setting here sucking it right now using a Kanger 160 dripbox. I finally broke down and bought 1. Not much impressed with the atomizer tho and I only have 1 squonk RBA and it is in use so I am stuck with this dual coil POS till an FT order gets here in a couple weeks. Taste is off in this thing, I think takes too much wattage and too hot of vapor throws taste off what I want. Finally have it best I can, they had Kanthal claptons in it. I stuck in 2 x2.5mm SS coils ended up at .25 ohm much better and TC works ok. The coils in it added a metallic Kanthal taste very nasty. The mod works good and so does atomizer if only they had left a better single coil option. No overflows and squonk works great. A Velocity with squonk pin will fix that, I have 1 but it is loaned out. Those claptons were killing batterys like crazy and tasting very nasty. I think they used restored carpet fuzz for wick lol.

I got a big bunch of sample bottles this AM.
Blue Moon Ice Cream
Cherry - very bad I am unsure if it is RFs fault or Gremlin labeled wrong I taste zero cherry just heavy cream
Cherry Limeade - Pretty good but needs work from starting mix so in time after it ages we will see
Grape - grape tasting but sorta weird gotta let it set some
Marshmallow
Mixed Berries
Neapolitan Ice Cream - Very very tasty and pretty true to name nice and rich
Peanut Butter Cup - sure dif from other blenders, actually tastes true I think needs aging
Raspberry
Super Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
White Chocolate
Wild Cherry

They sure do Ice Cream good but I am unimpressed early on here with their fruits they just fall flat. Most Ice Creams are very close to right. I have tried to get decent ice cream so many times both premix flavors and home spun and I never got this close. They do it very good. That cherry is odd like their evaporated milk. The milk is dark and I mean real dark as in black and that was a surprise I actually asked em at Gremlin and they sent another sample and it is same. That is where they get the ice cream that is what it tastes like. No more RF fruits they just don't cut it for me here. I always had troubles with fruits anyways they are hard for me to get right. Hoping the mixed berry is what is in the fruit danish that is a good fruit mix. I didn't get many tested but did get 10ml of each mixed to test with. I had a busy day we were out of juice and nic came so I was busy mixing a big batch.

Reactions: Kenna

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Wife loves that flavor and the rocky road ice cream. Me too on the rocky road. I haven't been much messing with the juice last week. I have enough and for sure spent enough. But it was a good run, I have pretty much abandoned any other brands of flavor except a few FW and 1on1 flavors.

I did end up bumping a few up like Rocky Road (30ml/48 drops) several of them went up to that after age. That must be a tad over 5% (just a guess). I still need to drip several and check em after aging but I will get there. I use several drippers so I can swap flavors ez without changing cotton. Yesterday I tested Grape after couple weeks aging and it is good but too sweet like a lot of fruits end up. My favs are Cherry Pie, Rocky Road, and Cookies & Cream, when I use a tank it is likely one of them. I did test their Chocolate and to me it is the truest Choco I have messed with, no wonder Cookies & Cream is so good. I think RF has a good flavor line, in all the flavors only a couple sucked to me. I wish OSDIY would get more flavors they are tad cheaper on 30ml there are several I need to stock up some but 5ml flavor here lasts a while. And anything we use lots I have 100ml mixed ahead.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Finally got a few of these to try out,and can't wait.They just came in the mail today,so i'll be mixing them up and trying them in a few days.I got bread pudding,french toast,and butterscotch pudding,and will definitely be grabbing more soon haha.

French Toast Raw is my fave so far with Bread Pudding VG a close second. I am eager to hear about the BS Pudding as that is high on my wish list. I also put in a request with Walt to get his flavor chefs working on a Tapioca Pudding.

Be aware that these flavors (especially the VG based flavors) require a lengthy steep time to really come to life based on what I have read and experienced. Many say they aren't at their peak until 1 - 2 months. Some of my VG testers are at 3+ weeks and still getting better and better each time I test them. I sampled my Apple Pie and Bread Pudding just a half hour ago and was pleasantly surprised how much better they tasted than the last time I tried them a week or so ago.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
French Toast Raw is my fave so far with Bread Pudding VG a close second. I am eager to hear about the BS Pudding as that is high on my wish list. I also put in a request with Walt to get his flavor chefs working on a Tapioca Pudding.

Be aware that these flavors (especially the VG based flavors) require a lengthy steep time to really come to life based on what I have read and experienced. Many say they aren't at their peak until 1 - 2 months. Some of my VG testers are at 3+ weeks and still getting better and better each time I test them. I sampled my Apple Pie and Bread Pudding just a half hour ago and was pleasantly surprised how much better they tasted than the last time I tried them a week or so ago.
Yeah,i have seen a bunch of different recommendations about steep times,and seen some say after a day or so they were good.I usually let everything sit a week before i try it,so i'll mix them today and try them next weekend,and then weekly after that for a month or so.
All that i got today are the vg versions,and that french toast smells fantastic,i wanted to drink it haha.
Hopefully they will listen,i love Tapioca pudding,and have only seen it at 1 supplier so far,so a couple options for it would be great.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I am interested in trying these out,especially the Bread pudding.I vape 50pg/50vg, 8mg nic.Does anybody vape any ratios similar have any experience with mixing the vg only blend into this ratio.I mean how is the taste and at what percentages.I mix my CAP around 4-5 %.
I vape 60vg 3mg nic and did my bread pudding at 12% and liked it a lot. This reminds me I need to mix a big bottle of it up.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

I mixed 8mls all weekend. I finally got my steroid brain to stop spinning enough to get that far. The Aged Bourbon Cream was mixed 2 weeks ago & smells divine. It puts me in mind of adding it to the Butterscotch pudding, Bread Pudding, & maybe the Banana Bread. But that has to wait because all of those were just mixed & are steeping. I mixed some of the INA custard at the same time as the ABC, so those are both new to me. I'll give them a taste this week to see where they are. I have to go pet sit Thursday night thru Sunday night, so have to get more of my adv mixed to take with.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I am interested in trying these out,especially the Bread pudding.I vape 50pg/50vg, 8mg nic.Does anybody vape any ratios similar have any experience with mixing the vg only blend into this ratio.I mean how is the taste and at what percentages.I mix my CAP around 4-5 %.
I mixed them all at 15% which is what I saw on their thread I think.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thank you.12% sounds really high to me.What percentages do you normally mix at?

These VG flavors need to be mixed high from everything I read. I am new to DIY so I look to the reviews on MFG site and recipe sites to see what others recommend for new flavors and go from there. For Bread Pudding I found this:

Real Flavors recommend 5% - 7%
Bread Pudding

But from the recipe site I found this:

Percentages in recipes
Average mixing quantity: 10.4% (Median: 12%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.8%
Maximum used quantity: 20%

Single flavor recommendations: 11
Average quantity: 11.7% (Median: 12.0%)
Minimum used quantity: 10.0%
Maximum used quantity: 15.0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread