Reasons To Quit Vape'n?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush808

Feb 16, 2013
Socal
So It's been four months since my last pack and 3 months since my last Cig. After a month of giving away a half a pack, I forgot my Ego style in my office desk and bum'd a smoke from a co-worker... I couldn't stand the taste, didn't even taste the menthol in a Marlboro Smooth. I knew I successfully quit "smoking". Later I finally reached the Zero Nic level and decided to see if I was still an addict. I stopped, to see how I would feel going a workday without it. eight hours turn to lets see how long I can go. Now its been about a month. I thought of vaping (Zero Nic) just cause I did enjoyed it, but thought if Quitting all together would be that much better.

Rush808

Feb 16, 2013
Socal
PinoyBoy,

It happened so fast. I was caught up in ordering from new vendors (Mt bakervapor to Alice in vapeland & more) but every order I thought; try a lower level Nic. Going through a lot of samplers, I never had an all day vape. Specially after getting into dripping on my Sig Zmax.

Funny how you stated "hobby" because even though I stopped vaping, I catch myself looking at Vaporjoes Haha.

Thanks for the complement Vale.

Other than sharing my backstory, I was hoping to find a general idea. How bad is moderate vaping? Is it equivalent to moderate drinking? or should be avoided, if possible.

(Moderate meaning once or twice a month.)

Vale46

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Uk
That seams to be image.jpg image.jpg
Most parts of this forum is based on OBSESSION with vaping. Suppose I'm guilty of that a bit. But stopping smoking with vaping, is good, quitting vaping after, best result.

Rush808

Feb 16, 2013
Socal
That seams to be View attachment 211409 View attachment 211409
Most parts of this forum is based on OBSESSION with vaping. Suppose I'm guilty of that a bit. But stopping smoking with vaping, is good, quitting vaping after, best result.

Thanks for directly answering my question with a straight forward opinion.

I've always thought drinking a bottle or two of regular sized beer on the week end is moderate. Once or twice a month, that sounds more like a reward or saving it for a special occasion. I love vaporjoes, damn blog and his facebook group makes me want to start a collection.

Haha, a bottle or two was never enough, but that's a different forum. :closedeyes:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Is there a section for those of us that have quit smoking by vaping, then quit vaping?

Cheers,
otrpu

That sure is an EXCELLENT idea and you might think about starting a topic or a SOCIAL GROUP here specifically for that.

I can honestly say that even when I quit vaping, I have met a lot of really nice people here on ECF and I would still want to log in and chat with everybody and see what everyone is up to, etc.

I'm pretty sure you can start a social group, ask one of the mods down there. I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!!!!

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
So It's been four months since my last pack and 3 months since my last Cig. After a month of giving away a half a pack, I forgot my Ego style in my office desk and bum'd a smoke from a co-worker... I couldn't stand the taste, didn't even taste the menthol in a Marlboro Smooth. I knew I successfully quit "smoking". Later I finally reached the Zero Nic level and decided to see if I was still an addict. I stopped, to see how I would feel going a workday without it. eight hours turn to lets see how long I can go. Now its been about a month. I thought of vaping (Zero Nic) just cause I did enjoyed it, but thought if Quitting all together would be that much better.

Had not seen this post til' now Rush808 so sorry for the late post. I can not at this time answer your query, but I would like to share something that has happened to me as well (If you will indulge me ;)).
It was crazy to read this today. I am also newer to this forum, but yesterday I went my full 8 hr. shift without vaping . It was so easy! I had a few points when I went through the typical "thought process", but for the most part nonexistent. Now it has not been a month, but I can see that now I have the ability to CHOOSE when I would like a little nicotine. That alone has been soooooooooooooo awesome!! I have my life back and am so appreciative for it.
Thanks for the post as makes me feel not so alone in this. :)

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
I'm one who quit a 2 PAD habit and continued vaping as a hobby, but haven't lowered the initial nicotine level. It's obviously a nic replacement vehicle for me.

I guess I should start ordering 18mg and then 12mg and then working my way down.

BTW DaveP I was also a 2 PAD habit. Good luck with reducing your nic bro', and sweeeeet Les Paul ;)

Rush808

Feb 16, 2013
Socal
Had not seen this post til' now Rush808 so sorry for the late post. I can not at this time answer your query, but I would like to share something that has happened to me as well (If you will indulge me ;)).
It was crazy to read this today. I am also newer to this forum, but yesterday I went my full 8 hr. shift without vaping . It was so easy! I had a few points when I went through the typical "thought process", but for the most part nonexistent. Now it has not been a month, but I can see that now I have the ability to CHOOSE when I would like a little nicotine. That alone has been soooooooooooooo awesome!! I have my life back and am so appreciative for it.
Thanks for the post as makes me feel not so alone in this. :)

nice to see I'm not alone in this thought.

I still haven't vape'd since, but can't bring myself to give away my Vaping gear.

I sometimes compare Vaping to drinking Coca Cola (Coke). I restricted my Coke intake sometime ago, although I know it's not good for me (in general) due to sugar , caffeine, ect... I still have a can once every 2 weeks or so, Compared to probably going through a 12 pack a week. (I was one of those kids saying; "Oh, it's my coffee..." as an excuse to drink coke in the AM.

The common consensus at my work place is I should stop smoking/vaping for a year to be considered non-casual smoker/vaper.

I personally have not made up my mind :confused:

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
nice to see I'm not alone in this thought.

I still haven't vape'd since, but can't bring myself to give away my Vaping gear.

I sometimes compare Vaping to drinking Coca Cola (Coke). I restricted my Coke intake sometime ago, although I know it's not good for me (in general) due to sugar , caffeine, ect... I still have a can once every 2 weeks or so, Compared to probably going through a 12 pack a week. (I was one of those kids saying; "Oh, it's my coffee..." as an excuse to drink coke in the AM.

The common consensus at my work place is I should stop smoking/vaping for a year to be considered non-casual smoker/vaper.

I personally have not made up my mind :confused:

I vape when I feel like it now. For taste mostly (I'm kinda' a food snob lol). As for at work, I've now had multiple days when I left my PV by accident and really never missed a beat. Doesn't bother me to be without it, other times it is nice to have it. I don't know brother, but what I've come to is the realization that I really enjoy a great juice after a great dinner relaxing. Otherwise it's kind of a I can take it or leave it thing.

Good Luck again, and I hope you PIF your gear if your gonna quit. It's what I've done with most of mine. It always feel good to me to give back, and help people "stuck" with their analog problem. Don't get me wrong tho' I still keep my fav, and at least one to twelve bottles of good juice for a relaxing break. ;)

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
recently ive noticed ive been having trouble sleeping. ill stay up til 4 in the morning tossing and turning and aside from increasing the amount i vape i dont think anything else has changed.
Many people find it helpful to lower their nicotine level before bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread