RDA Rebuildable atties? I think I'm ready..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I think I've mastered (in my own mind) a good amount of different areas of vaping, from tanks, DIY Liquid, bottom feeding etc so now rebuidable atties are in my sights. Im not interested in making my own units but one of the pre existing ones, the tank styles. Are they hard to come by? To purchase? What would be a good one to start off with? I appreciate it guys.

Canuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
Edmonton, AB
I'm hoping someone answers this question too, I've been thinking of finding myself a rebuildable tank atty aswell... watched some u-tube vids on them and they look simple enough but wanted confirmation as to how well they work before I invest in one myself. No worries, sooner or later someone will come along with the right answers, this forum and the people on it rock!

Vape On!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
If you have a paypal account you could get one easily

paypal

e-vape.gr The DID (genesis style tank)

Bulli Smoker - Bulli A2 or A2 T (dripper)

Co-op (forum waiting list) for the mini hellfire or line V2 (tank)

visa,mastercard

Clouds of Vapor- the odysseus (tank) when they are available (sell out quick!)

these are the best performers I've seen

I'm waiting for the Odysseus to come back in stock or may just try the Penelope at Clouds of Vapor (looks good too-smaller though)

Tivo

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I also missed the ody by a hair-arrrgg!

Been seriously looking at the DID. Scott w/ e-cig-reviews was churning out clouds with that thing. I have yet to see a bad review on it but the shipping seems to be problematic right now. Still may pull the trigger.

The Penelope would be in my sights but I chain vape and the smaller amount of juice it holds is what makes me hesitate.

Decisions, decisions

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
The Penelope doesn't hold less juice than the Ody, it's longer and the stem on juice control is much thinner to take up less volume inside. If you want to try a rebuildable I'd order one now while you still can. If you don't like it you'll have no problem getting your money back from it. The Ody's were going for more than double face value in the Classifieds when they were out of stock everywhere. I'd be willing to bet you'll wish you ordered two of them rather than sell the one you got. I've got one Ody and another ordered along with a Penelope. I've tried lots of attys and other gear and I love the Ody, I've got 4 VV devices but I'm thinking of going back to fixed voltage becaude I can make the coils to get the exact results I want.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I've tried lots of attys and other gear and I love the Ody, I've got 4 VV devices but I'm thinking of going back to fixed voltage because I can make the coils to get the exact results I want.

That surprises me. I've always considered one of the advantages of VV to be that it lets you adjust the warmth of the coils to suit the requirements of different juices, or even your own mood or potentially varying tastes. VV will of course allow you to experiment with different resistances; I've always suspected that the best vape can be had o the highest resistance coil you can create that you can still get sufficiently warm. With anything but a 6 volt constant-voltage device, that's pretty much out the window along with adjustability.

Pity the fool who does something just because of what other people do, but you'd be the first person I ever heard of who went from VV to CV.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
That surprises me. I've always considered one of the advantages of VV to be that it lets you adjust the warmth of the coils to suit the requirements of different juices, or even your own mood or potentially varying tastes. VV will of course allow you to experiment with different resistances; I've always suspected that the best vape can be had o the highest resistance coil you can create that you can still get sufficiently warm. With anything but a 6 volt constant-voltage device, that's pretty much out the window along with adjustability.

Pity the fool who does something just because of what other people do, but you'd be the first person I ever heard of who went from VV to CV.

Well I won't be getting rid of the VV's, but one of the problems I have with them is size/shape while at work. I'm thinking of sending the mini Grip in my avatar back to Brad so a Pene or Ody will be recessed in it. I'm wanting a smaller profile and much lower center of gravity. With the Ody on my mods they are either too long or top heavy to be pocket friendly. It's nice to know I'll be able to match the coil to the voltage and get a good vape.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
{snip}
{/snop}
I'm as foolish as they come. :laugh: After a rough first few weeks on vaping (multiple, consecutive battery deaths, and back to smoking), and a smooth 'rest of the year' with VV and plenty of backups, I have found that my preferred range is usually 4.9 to 5.2 VDC, at 3.x ohm cartos. Sure, I bump it up in the morning, and down in the evening, but most of the time, I am near 5-volt land.

I have plenty of backups, but have been considering a simple 5 v passthrough (no battery desired), just to stash in the vehicle, and maybe one @ work. I know not to plug it into a PC USB, but on a cig lighter, could be a reliable backup. I can charge/use my VV straight from the cig lighter as well, but I like to plan for the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread