Rebuildable bottom-dual-coil tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I was looking at the Aspire bottom dual coils, and was wondering if there are any real rebuildables like that available yet.

I'm specifically looking for a bottom-fed tank, not Genesis or drip, for 510/Ego. I'm hoping for something in the sub-$50 range, but I realize the options will be limited if this exists yet at all, so accepting any and all info.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
If I understand you right...

Bottom fed. (Pressure differential type atty - liquid tank surrounding atomizing chamber)
Dual coil?
Under $50 (Nothing but Chinese clones in that price range)

Dual coil - that'd be a Footoon/UVO Aqua clone.
Single coil - that'd be any one of the boat loads of Kayfun/Russian/Taifun/sQuape et al - clones.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Awesome, thank you State O' Flux. I wasn't aware of the Aqua despite googling about with these specs...

Looks like it has some proprietary outer threading to fit some mod or another... I wonder what it'll look like, and how it'll perform, on my Vision Spinner batteries.

Fasttech has Aqua clones for $20. Seems like a reasonable gamble.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Yer' welcome. ;-)

Not one to step in front of a guy or gal and their big idea/hearts desire (unless it's really stupid/dangerous)... but why the dual coil requirement?

And really... a Spinner?
rolleyes.gif

If you can get past the single coil, maybe look instead at the - more size appropriate - Taifun GS clone.

That or - if you can't get past single coils - rebuild Protank 3/Aerotank coils.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Not one to step in front of a guy or gal and their big idea/hearts desire (unless it's really stupid/dangerous)... but why the dual coil requirement? And really... a Spinner?

Fair questions (aside from the bit of elitism displayed there in the second question, which I'll forgive once ;) ). The thought progression went like this:

• I currently use a Protank II Mini with my Spinner. I'm pretty satisfied with that as my single-coil device, and don't feel the need to seek out a rebuildable for that purpose. The Protank II atomizer heads are cheap and I can also recoil them pretty easily.
  • ...though I'm still tantalized by images of dual-coil fog machines pumping out dense clouds.
  • The Aspire bottom-dual-coil (BDC) clearomizers looked like the ticket, but the replacement atomizer heads are double the price of my Protank II's; and it seems like a much bigger pain to rebuild dual-coil disposable heads in those cramped spaces.
  • So, that leaves me looking for an actual rebuildable dual-coil tanker.

Thanks for the Protank 3 rebuilding page, maybe I'll give that a go. The Aqua clone is cheap enough to give that a whirl anyway though.

The new Aerotank EMOW. Same diameter as the Spinners and uses the dual coil Kanger heads that anyone could easily rebuild. Works great, looks perfect.

View attachment 353459
View attachment 353458
CAM00363.jpg
View attachment 353460

*Oops... replied to wrong thread. That's what happens when you've got too many tabs open, lol. Ignore me.

Last edited:

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Fair questions (aside from the bit of elitism displayed there in the second question, which I'll forgive once ;) ). The thought progression went like this:

• I currently use a Protank II Mini with my Spinner. I'm pretty satisfied with that as my single-coil device, and don't feel the need to seek out a rebuildable for that purpose. The Protank II atomizer heads are cheap and I can also recoil them pretty easily.
  • ...though I'm still tantalized by images of dual-coil fog machines pumping out dense clouds.
  • The Aspire bottom-dual-coil (BDC) clearomizers looked like the ticket, but the replacement atomizer heads are double the price of my Protank II's; and it seems like a much bigger pain to rebuild dual-coil disposable heads in those cramped spaces.
  • So, that leaves me looking for an actual rebuildable dual-coil tanker.

Thanks for the Protank 3 rebuilding page, maybe I'll give that a go. The Aqua clone is cheap enough to give that a whirl anyway though.
A spinner is going to run out of gas pretty quick with a dual coil rebuildabe. Long before the Atty reaches its potential.

The kayfun mini clone would look good on a spinner imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread