rebuildable line problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I am very new to modding and soldering. Is the silver so soft that it will melt, if not extremely carefull w iron?

I dont leave the iron on the silver poll, I just drag the solder over both with one nice slow movement, Done. kwalaka I suggest you watch a soldering video or two then, it will help ya

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I dont leave the iron on the silver poll, I just drag the solder over both with one nice slow movement, Done. kwalaka I suggest you watch a soldering video or two then, it will help ya

My fellow vapor/modder type of fellow, I have watched a few videos, and I believe I need to spend a bit more than the $2.00 I spent on my 1st iron. It ruins more than it creates. Thanks for the info. BTW, I really did get a NIB iron for like $1.99 from one of our vendors. Big mistake.

chaosring01

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
greensboro nc
I got kanthal 33awg tried it and it works some....... I've played with and played with. I've wrapped my coils and got hot spots. Played with it by moving it back and forth till no hot spots. That seems to work for a while then the wraps around the post seems to start getting loose or something. It stops firing and if you look at it you can see the sparks jumping from one wrap to another. Idk what to do! I'm getting to my limit with this thing. I'm hoping the ody I per ordered isn't anything like the headache this thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread