Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
That's alright! I hope you had a great holiday and new year celebration! Thanks for adding onto what qorax said about the heron v3 coming out. I'm really anticipating it now. Like really really anticipating it lol have never owned a vapourart product and I can't wait to get one in my hands, because from the reviews, the machining does look excellent. Luckily, I just received a stunning looking rta that came flawless, made of 316 stainless steel. Sadly, it smells like it needs some heavy duty cleaning right now, but everything is immaculate on this thing. I can't say anything about how the flavor is just yet, but for the build quality, I must say that this is right up there, if not a little better quality than the rose v3, due to that darn little spring that could have been lost so easily with the rose. And I love the afc on this one. I love my hurricane 1.3, yet I prefer a smaller air inlet and don't like too much airflow, and the way that they designed the outer airflow on this one; you can really dial in such a wonderful restricted lung hit that's just perfect. I also got the mtl base that only has 3 1mm air inlets, so I'm excited to give that a go with a nice simple build as I used to.

What did you get :)

Reactions: HBcorpse

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
I just saw in my post that I didn't even mention the name lol the skyline rta. Esmokeguru decided to come out with their first rta, and they made it mind blowing. It's one of those rtas that once you put each of the parts in the palm of your hand, you know it will lady you for plenty of years down the road, and that's what I always hope for and why I look to buy high end gear. Even the grub screws aren316 stainless steel. That's another thing I hated about the rose3. Those grub screws that wear and tear with exotic builds and need an Allen key for building. These are slotted grub screws, much to my surprise. Very very pleased with my purchase for the first time in so long. Nothing on here is of cheap quality.:thumbs:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I just saw in my post that I didn't even mention the name lol the skyline rta. Esmokeguru decided to come out with their first rta, and they made it mind blowing. It's one of those rtas that once you put each of the parts in the palm of your hand, you know it will lady you for plenty of years down the road, and that's what I always hope for and why I look to buy high end gear. Even the grub screws aren316 stainless steel. That's another thing I hated about the rose3. Those grub screws that wear and tear with exotic builds and need an Allen key for building. These are slotted grub screws, much to my surprise. Very very pleased with my purchase for the first time in so long. Nothing on here is of cheap quality.:thumbs:

Well that's disheartening...I just acquired a Rose v3...

I've only held it in my hands a bit, but haven't had time to fully break it down, clean it, and build it.

Any experiences you'd like to share?

Reactions: ernieball

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

I've only held it in my hands a bit, but haven't had time to fully break it down, clean it, and build it.

Fear not the Rose 3 my good friend. It is a gem. Not without its issues but in my top 10 all time for what its worth. I had two at one stage but will never have less than 1 for sure!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well I'll have an Origen v2 on its way to me soon...keep me updated if you take yours out and about! I'm curious how leaky it is, being a genesis style atty and all...
Took it out on an outing, maybe an hour and a half? No leaks or gurgle. Its nice that it can go out. I usually only go out with my FEVs and they are not so stealthy. :)

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016

Exactly what @TheotherSteveS said. It has some flaws, but I feel there's hardly ever an atomizer that one comes across that doesn't have some sort of flaw, whether it be an actual flaw, or just user preferential flaws, because man, we are all wierd human beings with our little quirks and like things our own specific ways for everything, and that goes for vaping as well, as you well know. I feel like the grub screws really can't take claptons or other exotic wire after a while of heavy usage, and I'm not one to go very brutal on my rtas when I'm building. I try to go as easy as possible when tightening down those grub screws. And I just love a little 38/28 Clapton build on there at 1 ohm at 30 watts with the airflow it has. It just does the trick for me. The good thing is, it also works wonderfully with single gauge wire as well because of the reduced chamber it has. If you don't have to really open up the juice flow a lot, therefore don't crank up your wattage, single wires work great, and the chamber is one of the best I've come across. I think I'm just getting a little too accustomed to these darn exotic builds lol Though I haven't tried the skyline yet, I can firmly say that the rose3 produces THE best flavor I've ever gotten out of an rta. Even more so than my tengu v2 I believe. And I'm not just saying that because it's a newer tank in my rotation. Normally there's just subtle differences between my flavors when I switch between my rtas, but when I vape my dessert juices in the rose, there is a remarkable difference in flavor because everything is so condensed. When I open up the juice flow a good amount if I'm going to be daring and crank the wattage up to 35, the flavor isn't nearly as intense. That's just my take on it. Hey, did you get the Origenny in yet? Always showed interest in it, but I never pulled the trigger. Saw so many rants about it being one of the top genesis style atomizers for flavor. I'm just so used to under coil airflow being the best for flavor results. When I got an origin little 16mm I wasn't so impressed with the flavor when the air hits the side of the coils. Would love to hear your take. My rant is over

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Fear not the Rose 3 my good friend. It is a gem. Not without its issues but in my top 10 all time for what its worth. I had two at one stage but will never have less than 1 for sure!

Ok good to know. I'll be building it in the next day or so!

Took it out on an outing, maybe an hour and a half? No leaks or gurgle. Its nice that it can go out. I usually only go out with my FEVs and they are not so stealthy. :)

Sweet! Can't wait to try it out!

Exactly what @TheotherSteveS said. It has some flaws, but I feel there's hardly ever an atomizer that one comes across that doesn't have some sort of flaw, whether it be an actual flaw, or just user preferential flaws, because man, we are all wierd human beings with our little quirks and like things our own specific ways for everything, and that goes for vaping as well, as you well know. I feel like the grub screws really can't take claptons or other exotic wire after a while of heavy usage, and I'm not one to go very brutal on my rtas when I'm building. I try to go as easy as possible when tightening down those grub screws. And I just love a little 38/28 Clapton build on there at 1 ohm at 30 watts with the airflow it has. It just does the trick for me. The good thing is, it also works wonderfully with single gauge wire as well because of the reduced chamber it has. If you don't have to really open up the juice flow a lot, therefore don't crank up your wattage, single wires work great, and the chamber is one of the best I've come across. I think I'm just getting a little too accustomed to these darn exotic builds lol Though I haven't tried the skyline yet, I can firmly say that the rose3 produces THE best flavor I've ever gotten out of an rta. Even more so than my tengu v2 I believe. And I'm not just saying that because it's a newer tank in my rotation. Normally there's just subtle differences between my flavors when I switch between my rtas, but when I vape my dessert juices in the rose, there is a remarkable difference in flavor because everything is so condensed. When I open up the juice flow a good amount if I'm going to be daring and crank the wattage up to 35, the flavor isn't nearly as intense. That's just my take on it. Hey, did you get the Origenny in yet? Always showed interest in it, but I never pulled the trigger. Saw so many rants about it being one of the top genesis style atomizers for flavor. I'm just so used to under coil airflow being the best for flavor results. When I got an origin little 16mm I wasn't so impressed with the flavor when the air hits the side of the coils. Would love to hear your take. My rant is over

I feel you on the flaws/weird humans thing!

I, for one, LOVE my Kayfun v4's...even though it got a lot of flack for its perceived flaws!

I've been keeping things pretty low key with dual coil setups, 28g or 29g math'd out to 0.5 ohms, running at 25 watts.

Either that or I do single, self-twisted coils to the same math.

-----

I haven't gotten the Origen yet. But soon!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Rose V3 built today.

Hand-twisted 28g Kanthal, 4/5 wraps at 0.55 ohms, running at 25 watts.

Have the juice flow open about 1.5 turns...hard to tell with no marker, so I put a TINY scratch on the inside of the drip tip...that way I could tell how many turns I've done.

Seems to be working well!

As long as you flip it upside down after filling, before cracking open the juice control, you're good!

Need to get a better flavor in it.

Any time I try a new tank, I use the same juice.

It's a juice I rarely use, but I know exactly how it should taste.

It's my measuring stick for how well a tank performs, especially in regards to flavor.

So far, this tank is ranking higher than expected on my test scale...at a 7/10.

It's a funny tank.

Looks quite like the Kayfun v4, juice flow like a ByLeo Calix, removable build deck assembly like a Mark Bugs GEM, and fairly unique (at least to me) airflow control.

It won't leave my house for a few weeks, as I need to see if it's a reliable device.

My Kayfun and Calix tanks are easy to rebuild in an "emergency" failure, while out and about.

Now the test phase begins!

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I run my rose 3 with about half a turn on the JF! More than enough for my coils! Very nice flavour here!! Great atty. I still live in hope they will make a M2L base version with a smaller air hole but I guess the 2ml TPD-friendly full version is next on the agenda!

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I run my rose 3 with about half a turn on the JF! More than enough for my coils! Very nice flavour here!! Great atty. I still live in hope they will make a M2L base version with a smaller air hole but I guess the 2ml TPD-friendly full version is next on the agenda!

What size is the air hole on the deck of the Rose V3? If it's 3mm or 3.5mm you could use a air flow reducer from Taifun, GP Heron/Spheriod, or KFV5 MTL kit. You could also purchase 2 or 3 yards of Teflon 3mm to 2mm reducers from Amazon for like $5 and cut a piece yourself. I used these Teflon reducers in Heron and Spheriod before GP released the peek air flow reducers.

Reactions: qorax

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
What size is the air hole on the deck of the Rose V3? If it's 3mm or 3.5mm you could use a air flow reducer from Taifun, GP Heron/Spheriod, or KFV5 MTL kit. You could also purchase 2 or 3 yards of Teflon 3mm to 2mm reducers from Amazon for like $5 and cut a piece yourself. I used these Teflon reducers in Heron and Spheriod before GP released the peek air flow reducers.

It's 3.5mm. The Taifun would work except it is impossible to get in the UK and most places that have them are in germany and dont ship to uk any more. The KF5 are too loose in the hole. The GPs would probably fit but they would also poke up above the hole a lot and get a bit close to the coil i think. I have looked for 3.5mm OD/2mm ID teflon tubing in UK and no dice...

Reactions: qorax

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Origen v2

What can I say?

After a thorough cleaning, and selecting the dual coil deck setup, I am very pleased.

Did I do this right?

I didn't look up any build videos...I just went straight into a dual 2.4mm--28g--0.4 ohm build.

I'm running it at 30 watts, and tried it out at 35 and 40.

I may rebuild and get closer to 0.5ohm, to run it at 25 watts, which is my usual sweet spot.

I assumed that the wick tails should be tucked into the holes, so that's what I did.

I used about what I would in a Kayfun, for each coil, and tucked the tails down into the reservoir.

I had a feeling my experience with the Wismec Theorem would come in handy here...

575c699636c949dd1600f90c490b43cb.jpg

7a2d717ae3593a13b8d13006273ad748.jpg

So far, this is an amazing device!

I'm actually kicking myself a bit for not getting one sooner!

The lighting in my living room betrays the beauty of this baby, sitting pretty on my Midnight Blue Radius (60 watt).
f6090b5bdaf6f4e3e3385d60ccbaf871.jpg

86c8811f961670fdad836679a771d91e.jpg

I must say though...again...definitely kicking myself for not owning one sooner!

Wonder how many I'll end up owning now?

----------------------

Rose V3 update

Rebuilt with twisted 28g, 2.4mm at 0.5 ohm.

Firing it at 25 watts on my Onyx Black Radius.

Made sure not to accidentally flood it when filling this time.

Used a different flavor, and it's really starting to feel like a good tank.

Of course, the show was stolen today by the Origen.

Last edited:

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Origen v2

What can I say?

After a thorough cleaning, and selecting the dual coil deck setup, I am very pleased.

I didn't look up any build videos...I just went straight into a dual 2.4mm--28g--0.4 ohm build.

I'm running it at 30 watts, and tried it out at 35 and 40.

I may rebuild and get closer to 0.5ohm, to run it at 25 watts, which is my usual sweet spot.

I assumed that the wick tails should be tucked into the holes, so that's what I did.

I used about what I would in a Kayfun, for each coil, and tucked the tails down into the reservoir.

I had a feeling my experience with the Wismec Theorem would come in handy here...

575c699636c949dd1600f90c490b43cb.jpg

7a2d717ae3593a13b8d13006273ad748.jpg

So far, this is an amazing device!

I'm actually kicking myself a bit for not getting one sooner!

The lighting in my living room betrays the beauty of this baby, sitting pretty on my Midnight Blue Radius (60 watt).
f6090b5bdaf6f4e3e3385d60ccbaf871.jpg

86c8811f961670fdad836679a771d91e.jpg

I must say though...again...definitely kicking myself for not owning one sooner!

Wonder how many I'll end up owning now?

----------------------

Rose V3 update

Rebuilt with twisted 28g, 2.4mm at 0.5 ohm.

Firing it at 25 watts on my Onyx Black Radius.

Made sure not to accidentally flood it when filling this time.

Used a different flavor, and it's really starting to feel like a good tank.

Of course, the show was stolen today by the Origen.

That's quite an interesting and creative build, congrats HB!

I also have some Origennys and I looked for tips and tutorials for builds, and I saw vertical builds both single and dual coil, and horizontal only in single coil using the dual coil deck and the cotton as an inverted U wick.

Now I think I'll have to try your build and see how that goes for me, but nonetheless the Origens truly are great flavor monsters and awesome looking atties.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
That's quite an interesting and creative build, congrats HB!

I also have some Origennys and I looked for tips and tutorials for builds, and I saw vertical builds both single and dual coil, and horizontal only in single coil using the dual coil deck and the cotton as an inverted U wick.

Now I think I'll have to try your build and see how that goes for me, but nonetheless the Origens truly are great flavor monsters and awesome looking atties.

Thanks!

I thought about vertical coils as well, and how to utilize a twisted single coil, but I just landed on this build as a tester.

Tip: I took the aluminum deck insert off the deck to build the coils, and installed it after I was done.

I'm using the larger wick holes.

Seems to be working nicely!

I'll play around with some other builds and post them here.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Thanks!

I thought about vertical coils as well, and how to utilize a twisted single coil, but I just landed on this build as a tester.

Tip: I took the aluminum deck insert off the deck to build the coils, and installed it after I was done.

I'm using the larger wick holes.

Seems to be working nicely!

I'll play around with some other builds and post them here.
i meant to comment on that ori build. One word - genius! It really is a great genny. Did you try a dual mesh build yet...it's good! Having said that, its one of the very few gennies that work as well with cotton as with mesh. Brilliant, massive flavour, and you have it under serious control there buddy! Impressed I am for what it's worth!!!

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
i meant to comment on that ori build. One word - genius! It really is a great genny. Did you try a dual mesh build yet...it's good! Having said that, its one of the very few gennies that work as well with cotton as with mesh. Brilliant, massive flavour, and you have it under serious control there buddy! Impressed I am for what it's worth!!!
I've had unpleasant experiences with mesh in the past, so being able to use cotton on this really helps!

I've shown this build to a few folks I know with this device, and they're all equally impressed...which has me confused.

Is there some other way this atty should be built?

Still haven't looked up any videos yet, as this build is still suiting me fine...but the compliments keep coming, with people saying what you said, or "How did you think to do it that way?"...and I'm just like:

image.jpeg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
most people (myself included) build it just like a genny, so a vertical coil aligned with the hole in the deck with wick going through down into the tank!

EUREKA!

That sounds like a great idea!

I'll try that next. It actually makes more sense than how I have it set up...

Just when I thought there was no more adventure in vaping...hahaha!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
EUREKA!

That sounds like a great idea!

I'll try that next. It actually makes more sense than how I have it set up...

Just when I thought there was no more adventure in vaping...hahaha!
give it a go but you might find that the 'corpse' build is superior. In fact it must be as it has a name!!!

Reactions: HBcorpse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread