Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Reviewing soon ;)

Keras Rev1.jpg

Trollky

Jan 10, 2017
Looking forward to your thoughts on Atmizoo's revisions to what is, in my opinion, the best flavour rta available. I took delivery yesterday of the parts to upgrade one of my Giga's to REV spec and the flavour remains exceptional (it might even be a fraction better). However, I'm not entirely convinced by the top cap/air tube solution.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Can't wait to see it!

Looking forward to your thoughts on Atmizoo's revisions to what is, in my opinion, the best flavour rta available. I took delivery yesterday of the parts to upgrade one of my Giga's to REV spec and the flavour remains exceptional (it might even be a fraction better). However, I'm not entirely convinced by the top cap/air tube solution.

May I ask, what is it that you're not convinced of?

I've got mine, and I really don't think it's a performance enhancer...

I've chatted with Tasos about this kit, and he made no mentions of this being designed to create a better vape from the Keras.

It's more intended to shave size/weight off the original Giga version, as well as streamline the Giga-to-Nano transformation, and back again.

Personally, I'm floored by it.
The original Giga was far too big for my liking, as was the kayfun v5.

Reactions: qorax

Trollky

Jan 10, 2017
Can't wait to see it!

May I ask, what is it that you're not convinced of?

I've got mine, and I really don't think it's a performance enhancer...

I've chatted with Tasos about this kit, and he made no mentions of this being designed to create a better vape from the Keras.

It's more intended to shave size/weight off the original Giga version, as well as streamline the Giga-to-Nano transformation, and back again.

Personally, I'm floored by it.
The original Giga was far too big for my liking, as was the Kayfun v5.

HI HB,

Basically, it's quite easy for the juice bottle nozzle to knock/move the tank section as the seal between the tank and o-ring isn't particularly tight. It's not enough to unseat the tank completely and dump juice everywhere but it's enough to be a tad irksome. Having said that, the solution is simply enough - hold down the tank section during filling :) I also struggled with aligning the topcap when threading it onto the airtube but after a few more refills I got the hang of it.

The ever so slight flavour improvement I mentioned just relates to the vapour now having 6mm less distance to travel from coil to mouth.

After a few days with the Giga REV I'm beginning to really dig the shorter and simpler form factor but I still LOVE the predecessor - even if it is a smidge longer. At least it's not the honking beast the Kayfun 5 is ;)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
HI HB,

Basically, it's quite easy for the juice bottle nozzle to knock/move the tank section as the seal between the tank and o-ring isn't particularly tight. It's not enough to unseat the tank completely and dump juice everywhere but it's enough to be a tad irksome. Having said that, the solution is simply enough - hold down the tank section during filling :) I also struggled with aligning the topcap when threading it onto the airtube but after a few more refills I got the hang of it.

The ever so slight flavour improvement I mentioned just relates to the vapour now having 6mm less distance to travel from coil to mouth.

After a few days with the Giga REV I'm beginning to really dig the shorter and simpler form factor but I still LOVE the predecessor - even if it is a smidge longer. At least it's not the honking beast the Kayfun 5 is ;)

Valid points!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Flavor wise I find both (the original Giga and this REV) to be exactly the same. The slightly smaller form factor is welcome ~ however IMO, the original "looks" better. But, the simplicity of switching between the two modes is the winner design change with this version. Overall the Gigas are a great atty, this one is no different.

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Flavor wise I find both (the original Giga and this REV) to be exactly the same. The slightly smaller form factor is welcome ~ however IMO, the original "looks" better. But, the simplicity of switching between the two modes is the winner design change with this version. Overall the Gigas are a great atty, this one is no different.

What if you could get the same great Keras vape out of a Billet Box Rev4?

etdong

Unresolved Status
May 13, 2017
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: pre advertising
I've got vape-mail coming from France, tomorrow state-side, with an OLC Stratum and the IZI by MinWoo over at BoostLab.

After looking at the long and complicated build times on the IZI, I'm thinking about exchanging it for the Hussar RTA.

My question is do the Hussar's still require the MTL Pin with this new batch VapStor got in? I'd call them directly but my en français is a little rusty..

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I've got vape-mail coming from France, tomorrow state-side, with an OLC Stratum and the IZI by MinWoo over at BoostLab.

After looking at the long and complicated build times on the IZI, I'm thinking about exchanging it for the Hussar RTA.

My question is do the Hussar's still require the MTL Pin with this new batch VapStor got in? I'd call them directly but my en français is a little rusty..
IZI build isnt so hard! The mesh/cotton thing works pretty well but is not necessary!

I doubt the m2l pin will come with the vapstor hussars. They have never had the pin in stock and it isnt mentioned on the inventory of parts so assume it isnt. You can try to message them but in my experience, they are not very good at replying. Their Anglais is, however, magnifique!

My Nife48 ribbon wire is being delivered today from Zivipf. I ended up ordering both the 28-gauge & 30-gauge.

Does anybody have experience clamping the ends around the posts on the single-deck Hussar RTA? (Or any other deck that doesn't use grub-screws)

From what I gathered so far it's either...

1) after making the coil, twist both ends 90-degrees and wrap it around the posts, and screw them down

Or

2) keep both ends flat and snip them to a sharp point, to be able to screw them down, making full contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread