Rebuilding Kanger ProTank coils, damaging insulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else do this? I have a ProTank 2 and a friend of mine showed me how to rebuild the coils to save some money back when I first started vaping. I still rebuild them nearly 6 months later, but I have issues with the insulators always tearing on me. Does anybody have a solution for that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Something that might help is to pull the coil out of the head from the top first and then remove the insulator. They do rip after a time just due to the heat and if you burn the insulator it weakens quickly. You might also be pinching them to hard when trying to remove them. Thicker wire also makes the insulator more difficult to remove and prone to tearing.
You can cut the top flange off the insulator, it also makes for easier removal. I cut them if I burn it a bit especially with thicker wire(28 gauge) or if the top begins to look a bit ratty.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Does anybody else do this? I have a ProTank 2 and a friend of mine showed me how to rebuild the coils to save some money back when I first started vaping. I still rebuild them nearly 6 months later, but I have issues with the insulators always tearing on me. Does anybody have a solution for that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The solution is to get the kanger subtank plus.
It comes with a head designed for rebuilding; your coil wire is screwed down, and not merely held by squeezing on an insulator ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread