Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
This is my first rebuildable and would love to hear other people's opinions on wire gauge and resistance to get the best vapor/flavor production. I have been using its original set up at 1.7 ohms and have been very pleased

As long as it's working for you and keeping you off the analogs,i would keep what is working.I'm using,at the moment,32awg kamthal,3mm silica,with a .8 dual coil on mine.Will be changing over to .5 x .1 ribbon wire(when it gets here)and ceramic rope(which i use on my terminator-C) to see how well those two work for this application.I have my doughts with the rope for the simple fact,the build right now i have takes up all the room inside the rda,and the rope is thicker.I don't think i will be able to fit it inside and get the cap back on the rda but,we shall see.

DanKnowsJack

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Ephrata, PA
The smok RDA is sent with 4 1mm wicks folded in half, with the coil near the fold. You can always try that, or play around to see if you can find something that works better for you. 32 gauge, and up as far as the wire goes... just play around with it, if it doesn't work you can rebuild... Thats the fun of rebuildables!

JBLIZZ45

Mar 21, 2013
Carson, CA
Tried a few diff wick set ups on this but I can't get any to wick better and as long as the stock ... did drill the 1/16 hole in the cover, where the coil is set on a couple of these and did get more vapor production with 4 strands of 2.5mm silica/4 and 5 coils of kanthal 30 (believe was at 1.2 or 1.3 ohm) but seemed to dry up alot quicker .. still looking for the happy medium to rebuild this thing bkus i do like it when i get it hitting right :unsure: any help is appreciated :toast:

beanpusher

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
South San Diego, CA United States
Tried a few diff wick set ups on this but I can't get any to wick better and as long as the stock ... did drill the 1/16 hole in the cover, where the coil is set on a couple of these and did get more vapor production with 4 strands of 2.5mm silica/4 and 5 coils of kanthal 30 (believe was at 1.2 or 1.3 ohm) but seemed to dry up alot quicker .. still looking for the happy medium to rebuild this thing bkus i do like it when i get it hitting right :unsure: any help is appreciated :toast:

i now use cotton wick dbl looped and 30awg kanthal 2/3 wrapped at .45 ohms and get a good amount of vape on 10 drops

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Folks, I just started with RDA's, even got an MVARI Stick and a Vamo to make sure I had, well, um, "protection". I just rebuilt my first coil with some premade lengths that you cut down, but are already coiled. I'm getting 4.1 ohms. It's a clean burn, clean vapor, good taste, but is that normal/good/bad/indifferent?
Thanks for the help in advance.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
4.1 ohms - are you sure that is right? Do you know what gauge Kanthal that is and how many wraps? What are you using to measure that (the Vamo I am assuming)

For that resistance you'd have to push over 5 volts to get a decent vape from it in my experience.

On a regular RDA I aim for 1.5 to 2.0 to give me the vape I like (which is warm, not hot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread