1. UK Vapers: Call to action!! We have an historic opportunity to see the TPD annulled in the UK. Please read this this article to see what you can do to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Received free samples two weeks ago -- Great stuff, and I just ordered some more

Discussion in 'The Vapor Station' started by jersey_emt, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jersey_emt

jersey_emt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    Woodbridge, New Jersey
    I took part in The Vapor Station's free sample promotion, choosing Phoenix @ 16 mg/mL and Frisco @ 24 mg/mL (they were out of 16 mg/mL).

When they arrived, I gave them both a quick try in my dripper with my mechanical mod. It's a Nimbus clone on top of a Cronus clone and I am using Sony 18650VTC3 batteries. The build was a single 1/16" microcoil using 28 gauge wire which measured out to 0.8 ohms (my standard build -- nothing crazy, just a simple build that works amazingly well).

My first impressions honestly weren't that great. The flavor was good, it just seemed a bit weak. But it wasn't the juice's fault. I had been vaping a lot of Five Pawns Bowden's Mate (a creamy peppermint juice with a hint of chocolate and very heavy on the peppermint), so my taste buds were under assault and I simply wasn't physically capable of tasting the full flavors.

Because I only had samples of these juices, I put them aside to try the next day. The morning after, I pulled out the used cotton wick, dry burned the gunk off the coil, rinsed it out good, and let it dry. A new cotton wick was inserted, and I loaded up with the Frisco (24 mg/mL).

Wow! Rich yet smooth tobacco flavor with a pronounced nuttiness.

The Phoenix was also excellent. Just a hint of sweetness, a little spice, and had a pronounced flue-cured tobacco flavor which I love.

I had trouble putting them down, but I wanted to keep half of the samples to rest for two weeks, and after that painful two-week wait both juices have rested quite well. The flavors have intensified a bit, and became even smoother.

I am very impressed with The Vapor Station. I just ordered 30 mL bottles of both Frisco and Phoenix at 16 mg/mL, but I also wanted to try the VS4 (their tweaked and modified RY4), so I bought a 30 mL bottle of that as well. Then I saw they had Texas 10 mg/mL as their current "Nicotine on Tap!" special. It also sounded interesting, so I added that to complete my order.

The final cost for all four bottles (120 mL of juice total), with shipping, came out to $55.21, or $0.46 per mL of juice. This is a great price for a high-quality juice like these guys make. I had a lot of difficulty finding some really great tobacco flavors, and thanks to The Vapor Station's free sample promotion, I finally found some. I look forward to trying all of their tobacco flavors in the future.

The Vapor Station -- I hope your free sample promotion has worked out well for you, and that many people who tried the free samples went on to purchase more juice like I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.