Recipe for BWB malty toffee and malty

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Recipes' started by Str8V8ping, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Anyone have a recipe for bwb malty toffee ? Every toffee i tried so far tastes nothing like it .Malty toffee tastes like your sucking on the toffee on the inside of a SKOR candy bar . Its so good .

2. Lyndagayle

Lyndagayle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have created my own version of Malty which is pretty darn close. I mix ethyl maltol crystals with PG and use it for flavoring with the final mix being 70/30 VG/PG. I'm sure you could just use Cotton Candy if you don't have the crystals. The first time I opened my bottle of crystals, I recognized the smell as that of Malty because it was one of my favorite vapes. I haven't found the toffee flavor used in Don's brew but I'm quite sure the same mix of EM is used in combination with the toffee flavor.

3. Str8V8ping

Sounds simple .Ill try it out . I have some em in pg already as well as like 5 different toffees . Loranns natural toffee is the closest .Maybe with the em it will work . WHat percent em do you use ?

4. Str8V8ping

Ya know ,i dont know why i didnt put it together that em smells like mt . I just smelled the em and it smells exactly like it . I tried mixing some up 6% em 8% toffee and 2% malt milk and it doesnt hve much flavor . Im gonna let it sit though as it looks like the crystal are seperating from the em . Didnt have much time today to play with it .

5. Lyndagayle

I mixed mine at 10% and seems pretty close. It's such a mild flavor that I'm sure you could go higher but one of the tricks is to mix it at 70% VG, which produces the massive plumes that mt is known for. Yeah, once you've ever experienced malty, there's no denying that the flavor is derived from EM. I love it and it's a perfect palate cleanser when your buds are screaming for mercy from taste testing for hours on end.

6. pinellaspete

pinellaspete Super Member ECF Veteran

Wow!

That's some great advice Linda!
    I will be trying that as a palate cleanser for sure!

Thanks,

Pete

7. Str8V8ping

Thanks Lynda ! I tried the EM at 10% with 1% TPA caramel candy and omg its just like malty .Same exact taste .It may be just a hair less flavor than malty but its too close to complain .It may get spot on when it steeps . Its so close though that i wont need to buy it anymore . My malty toffee is not the same as BWB's though . That still needs work .If i go down to like 2% on the toffee it should be great .

8. stashbldr

stashbldr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for posting this! I've been DIYing for 6 months but havent used EM yet. When you say 10% EM .. are you guys using EM that has already been dissolved in PG, at a ratio of 1/4 tsp EM crystals in 10ml of PG and then you're mixing 10% EM into your base?

9. Str8V8ping

I got my em already diluted in 10% pg from tpa in a 4ml bottle . I used the already diluted em at 10% in my juice so yes .

10. stashbldr

stashbldr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great .. thanks!! Ordered the EM, already have the caramel candy .. cant's wait to make the Malty. Before I started DIY the Malty and the Malty Toffee were 2 of my favorites. Hopefully you or someone can figure out the Malty Toffee next.

11. Str8V8ping

I should be able to get MT down since its similar ,i just dont have the time to play with it yet .

12. minigoat

minigoat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Str8, been following you around with my notebook lately.

thanks

13. sophie_lapin

sophie_lapin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Can I use TPA Cotton Candy or is that something different?

14. Str8V8ping

Im not sure how concentrated cotton candy is but it is EM so it should work .

15. Str8V8ping

Haha .Thanks ,Iv been surprising myself lately .

16. Lyndagayle

I'm pretty sure that would work because the Cotton Candy is said to be 10% EM suspended in PG. I mixed my own with crystals because it was the smell of the crystals that cued my senses to recognize it as malty. I'm a big fan of malty and mt. BWB was my one and only vendor for well over a year and still would be if the economy hadn't bottomed out. I had to cut expenses every way possible and DIY was my only alternative to get a quality liquid without shelling out big bucks every month. I was more or less forced into making my own and naturally I would seek flavors that would get close to the juices I loved so much.

17. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I wonder if adding some LorAnn's Bavarian Cream would add the toffee flavor?? It seems to have some of that flavor to me so maybe mixed with the EM and Caramel it would work?? Str8, you have the LA Bavarian Cream don't you?

18. Str8V8ping

Yup i have loranns BC and have tpa on the way . I havent had much to to do and diy'ing in the last couple days though . Ill give it a shot . Im thinking it may add the right creamyness to it too .

19. fray

fray Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Bwb is tricky to mimic because I think he uses a tobacco base for most flavors. I have gotten close to malty toffee but its not the same.

20. Str8V8ping

Same here . I get close but no cigar . I dont think they have any tobacco base in MT though but theres something extra for sure to make up that thick sweet candy taste .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.