Recipe for BWB malty toffee and malty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
by jove, i think i've got it! -- VG + EM was close, but something was missing...and like i said previously, i thought that ingredient was malt...so i ordered some malted milk flavoring from PA, and BAM!!! -- i think i nailed it! although, i'm not sure on the correct percentages yet, and it has to steep in order to get the full flavor, but there you go, folks...

now, before you say "no, no, that's not it" -- go TRY it yourself first!

Last edited:

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
by jove, i think i've got it! -- VG + EM was close, but something was missing...and like i said previously, i thought that ingredient was malt...so i ordered some malted milk flavoring from FA, and BAM!!! -- i think i nailed it! although, i'm not sure on the correct percentages yet, and it has to steep in order to get the full flavor, but there you go, folks...

now, before you say "no, no, that's not it" -- go TRY it yourself first!

Great news! Even though you're waiting for it to steep could you please post the percentages that you used so far, I'd love to know as a "starting point", even if you change them later.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
Great news! Even though you're waiting for it to steep could you please post the percentages that you used so far, I'd love to know as a "starting point", even if you change them later.

sure -- i used 15% EM and 15% malted milk, and straight VG....well, except that my nic base has PG and the EM i mixed is with PG...speaking of which, i wonder if you can mix EM with just distilled water, or if that would cause it to rot if left in the bottle by itself? lol i know you can use PGA, but they don't sell that stuff 'round these parts.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
sure -- i used 15% EM and 15% malted milk, and straight VG....well, except that my nic base has PG and the EM i mixed is with PG...speaking of which, i wonder if you can mix EM with just distilled water, or if that would cause it to rot if left in the bottle by itself? lol i know you can use PGA, but they don't sell that stuff 'round these parts.

Thank you SO much! I had ordered Malted Milk and got it last week, just in case that was "it". I'm going to go mix this up right now!

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
OK .. mixed it, gave it a 15 minute hot bath, tried it and it is YUMMY. But I think the 15% of each might be too much, especially if it were allowed to steep. So I'm going to another test and this time I'll lower the percentages .. to 10% EM and 10% Malted Milk.

yeah, i thought it might be a bit much -- my next try was going to be for more EM and less malted milk...but, since i'm super lazy, i think i'll wait until you go through with the next batch and post your results. :D

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
yeah, i thought it might be a bit much -- my next try was going to be for more EM and less malted milk...but, since i'm super lazy, i think i'll wait until you go through with the next batch and post your results. :D

OK did it at 10% of each .. I think it's very good but that said I dont like my juices very sweet. I'm vaping it now and it tastes very close to what a brand new bottle of Malty would taste like but is still on the sweeter side, at least to my taste buds. That said, it's good like it is and I cant stop vaping it.

I use much less % of flavorings than most people do, I average a total of 4-5% max. So to some people they may want more than 10% of each flavor to try this, but in my case I may reduce it some more ad bring it down to 5 or 6% of each one.

I hope others will jump in and try their hand at this. It is close to Malty IMHO. But it hasn't steeped, so now it goes into a dark closet for a while.

In the meantime I have an idea for Malty Toffee and plan to try that one next, adding one more flavoring to the EM and Malted Milk.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
OK did it at 10% of each .. I think it's very good but that said I dont like my juices very sweet. I'm vaping it now and it tastes very close to what a brand new bottle of Malty would taste like but is still on the sweeter side, at least to my taste buds. That said, it's good like it is and I cant stop vaping it.

I use much less % of flavorings than most people do, I average a total of 4-5% max. So to some people they may want more than 10% of each flavor to try this, but in my case I may reduce it some more ad bring it down to 5 or 6% of each one.

I hope others will jump in and try their hand at this. It is close to Malty IMHO. But it hasn't steeped, so now it goes into a dark closet for a while.

In the meantime I have an idea for Malty Toffee and plan to try that one next, adding one more flavoring to the EM and Malted Milk.

excellent! thanks. :)

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
btw, of course, we don't know that PA malted milk is necessarily *the* malt flavor that is in malty, but what we do know now is that it definitely has malt flavoring of *some" sort...so, if anybody has another brand/type of malt flavoring around, you may want to try that...oh, and if you do, please post your findings!

Last edited:

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
btw, of course, we don't know that FA malted milk is necessarily *the* malt flavor that is in malty, but what we do know now is that it definitely has malt flavoring of *some" sort...so, if anybody has another brand/type of malt flavoring around, you may want to try that...oh, and if you do, please post your findings!

Actually I didnt use FA because I dont have that one .. I used Perfumer's Apprentice (ecigexpress's Signature).

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
Actually I didnt use FA because I dont have that one .. I used Perfumer's Apprentice (ecigexpress's Signature).

actually, that's what i used, too! i looked at the bottle, saw "Flavor Apprentice" and typed FA...i forgot that's the abbrev. for Flavour Art, DUH!!! :oops:

i edited/corrected my previous posts so there's no confusion.

Last edited:

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Where are you getting your malted milk flavoring? Thanks.

I got mine from ecigexpress. It's listed under their "signature" flavorings which is what they call Perfumer's Apprentice. I dont know if there's a better Malted Milk other than the Perfumer's Apprentice, I used it because it was the only Malted Milk I had ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread