canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
Tonight on VapeTV, I'll be starting a new segment called "The Quest For Malty!"

This will cover my attempts at recreating the sugary sweet goodness that we all know and love! 8pm EST

vapetvlive | Stickam

Basil - does this have to be watched live or is there a link to watch it after the live airing? Thanks.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Tonight on VapeTV, I'll be starting a new segment called "The Quest For Malty!"

This will cover my attempts at recreating the sugary sweet goodness that we all know and love! 8pm EST

vapetvlive | Stickam

Was anyone able to watch this? I wasn't able to watch it live and can't find it in the archived shows. Just wondering what he had to say and if he nailed the recipe.

It kind of feels odd that you got help here to make the recipe but aren't sharing the results with us unless we watched the show. :confused:

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Was anyone able to watch this? I wasn't able to watch it live and can't find it in the archived shows. Just wondering what he had to say and if he nailed the recipe.

It kind of feels odd that you got help here to make the recipe but aren't sharing the results with us unless we watched the show. :confused:

I know...I couldn't find it either, and their video doesn't seem to be ipad friendly :(

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
I still dont get the using malt flavor . It just doesnt make sense to me . I guess if you like it thats all that matters .

I am mixing something similar to what you suggested but also trying 1 drop of other stuff in about 10ml. If I keep trying stuff I may find something that changes the flavor (and I like). The couple of things I have added were ok but not better and 10ml is pretty cheap to pitch after a couple of hours. The best thing I have found is one small drop of lemon juice per 5-6ml.

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I have gotten the closest to malty I have tried. It's not exactly like it but good enough for me.

70/30 vg/pg

9% EM (1/4 teaspoon crystals dissolved in 10 ml pg)
2% tpa sweet cream
2% tpa whipped cream

It is missing an undertone but very close.

I added 4% tpa English toffee which is not close to malty toffee (wrong toffee) but I like it.

It is not as thick as malty so I suspect he dissolves his EM in vg.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I have gotten the closest to malty I have tried. It's not exactly like it but good enough for me.

70/30 vg/pg

9% EM (1/4 teaspoon crystals dissolved in 10 ml pg)
2% tpa sweet cream
2% tpa whipped cream

It is missing an undertone but very close.

I added 4% tpa English toffee which is not close to malty toffee (wrong toffee) but I like it.

It is not as thick as malty so I suspect he dissolves his EM in vg.

If its 70/30 then that would be the same thickness as BWB's . Maybe your VG is diluted with DW ? Unless its diluted any juice thats 70/30 would be the same thickness . If you have your EM in VG then wouldnt it not be 70/30 but instead 80/20 ?Yea i tried TPA toffee and well as 4 or 5 others and the only one that tasted just like it was DIYFS toffee .

One thing about this mixture is it does make a tasty base to add different flavors to . Everything from fruit to bakery flavors to tobaccos could work .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread