Recipe Sub-forum idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
There is a thread for recipes, but for recipes only has been getting kinda torn apart, because there are so many sub-Thread posts.
But, that is what happens, if someone has a question or a variation, there you go, the thread is hard to follow.
What we need is a system that can mark a positive feedback on a particular post, a star, or a thumbs up (or down!), something to give the poster feedback in a visible way. But eventually the same thing would happen to any sub-forum, people just love to talk and talk. The forum is open to all, so it's kind of up to individuals to copy and keep recipes in your own personal bookmarks, maybe a file with URL's of "My Favorite ejuice Recipe". Or Copy and Paste into a WordPad file document, as sometimes it's hard to find a particular post back again later.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
i have to disagree here... the whole idea is to have 1 thread about 1 recipe. any chatter or variation of THAT recipe is okay in my book... hey try some RY4 in your caramel apple type comments is just fine. but posting a blueberry + banana recipe in there would be just stupid lol. even posting 1 thread on carmel recipe variations would help... try finding the post about caramel apple or caramel cheesecake... time yourself. tell me 1 post with all the recipes is a good idea.

keeping ANY forum or sub-forum clean is up to the community just as much as the admins. but it's the admins job to give us the tools to do so.

Expanding on your idea about rating... there is a way already here... post a poll with the recipe. when people look at the topic the first time they could skip the poll till they try it. Again, that would be up to the community to use. Or, we could count on the admins to try to implement a post rating system which I'm sure exists.

On thing that I've fully explained how to do to one of the admins was how to incorporate a Chat function here that would alleviate some of the chatter that hasn't happened either, with ZERO server lag for the people trolling the forum. It's called a IRC frontend with a free IRC channel on some free chat server, like dalnet, efnet, etc. I've been thinking about starting one and idling it and just putting the front end on my companies server for people to have a one click connect instead of having to know how to use mIRC or something. It would give me a reason to learn more about irc and programming again.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
one suggestion would be to start a recipe social group until they do a sub-forum.. I did one for the kr808 cartomizers and the next day a model specific was created for it.... and if by any chance a sub-forum isn't made..... if you get enough DIY juicers to join you will end up having your own sub-forum anyway.....

you can create one and moderate it in the User CP maybe this will help you

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I made one for you and am trying to transfer it to the OP until then here it is feel free to join and gather the recipes that you all want its open to all

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/diy-recipe-room.html

AWESOME!!! never thought of that...

i'm at work now so ... maybe if i get some time in the next couple days i'll go through post by post on the recipe and transfer (with original poster's name) the recipes. i'll add the link in my sig, if you support it SIG IT!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I was looking at this thread yesterday and thought it was a great idea. So I took this idea to the other mods and the admins and got their input, and it's been pretty positive.

As of right now, this looks like it could be a possibility very soon. I will keep you posted.

That's cool but until then you could post your recipe threads in the social group forum link in my sig block.....

If or when the actual sub-forum comes... the threads could be moved over... no problem I am sure....

Either way I am just trying to help out

Thanks Angus

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Sorry, I've not been able to come on much the past few days.

as long as there's no chatter in them, just recipes only please!
By this, I meant unnecessary chatter or chatter that's not related to the recipe itself :)

i think the "chatter" is okay under a topic post about a certain recipe... like if someone posted their version of a Caramel Apple juice, people who tried it could talk about it...
That's exactly what I meant, thanks for expanding on it :D

the whole idea is to have 1 thread about 1 recipe. any chatter or variation of THAT recipe is okay in my book... hey try some RY4 in your caramel apple type comments is just fine.
Absolutely, as long as they don't go about replacing one flavour with another, eg: replacing Apple with RY4, as we'd then be back to square one... If someone wants to replace (as opposed to add) a flavour, then they should start a new topic called eg: "Caramel and RY4" or "Apple and RY4".

so it's kind of up to individuals to copy and keep recipes in your own personal bookmarks, maybe a file with URL's of "My Favorite Ejuice Recipe". Or Copy and Paste into a WordPad file document, as sometimes it's hard to find a particular post back again later.
I couldn't agree more. That's what I do, copy and paste them into a text file :) although I'm useless at creating any of my own :oops: which is why I like trying to find some (difficult at that may be at the moment!). Maybe Kate's idea could be added to the description of the forum or as a sticky?

I was looking at this thread yesterday and thought it was a great idea. So I took this idea to the other mods and the admins and got their input, and it's been pretty positive.
Terrific! and many thanks :D

Thanks also to lightgeoduck for starting the social group in the meantime as a temporary measure till a forum is (hopefully) set up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread