Recipes for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
TFA is making Diketone free juice now Designated by DX on their site Juicy Peach is one of them. Would have to cross reference the others listed here to confirm whether or not there is a diketone free version of the creams

Did I miss that this is a Diketone free Recipe for Dummies thread? If so, my bad.

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No but my point is You are listing TFA Juicy Peach when TFA has a diketone free version TFA DX Juicy Peach.....Knowledge is power, no need to snipe.

Bring on the diketones! Agreed, knowledge is power and to each their own. IMO, if you wanted to educate on diketones and TFA's DX flavors, you could have chose a far better method than quoting my post. No need to snipe.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Bring on the diketones! Agreed, knowledge is power and to each their own. IMO, if you wanted to educate on diketones and TFA's DX flavors, you could have chose a far better method than quoting my post. No need to snipe.
Wow, dude i dont know why you are so triggered. Just felt people should be properly informed while on the subject of simple flavors. Calm down. Bust out the coloring books, it will be ok!

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For those interested in being educated on TFA's diketone free DX line of flavors, a simple search of their website documents this: (Dude, all done while coloring and playing with my legos.) I hope this post is educational to all new mixers. Gotta run, I have a connect the dots match with a heated rival.

Perfumer's Apprentice

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
The Legend, as I heard it, is that The Perfumer's Apprentice was a distributor of liquid concentrates designed for the Foodservice Industry. The earliest DIY Vapers went here for the flavors they were trying to mix, but those products were made for digestion. The manufacturer quickly began reformulating for inhalation designed products, and called it The Flavor Apprentice.
The DX line of TFA is designed for Vapers who wish to avoid diketones all together. Some say they are safer, others say they don't taste the same. To Each their own.
I personally am satisfied with the DX Vanilla flavors (Bavarian Creme, French Vanilla) and use them in all of my liquids that call for it.

cebulice

Jan 10, 2017
Arkansas
Simple fruity flavors.
all using TFA
Melon Ball
Honeydew 11%
Cantaloupe 8%
Ethyl Malto 1%

Peach Gummy Rings
DX Juicy Peach 15%
DX Sweet Cream 2%
Gummy Candy 2%
Ethyl Malto 1%

Smurf Berries
8-12% Strawberry
8-12% Blueberry (all the recipes call for CAP but i am working on substituting i have 2 diff blueberries from TFA i am tryin to get right)
DX Sweet Cream 2%
Ethyl Malto 1%

Those are some of the simplist sweet/fruity juices that are instant hits in my house.
What is the benefit of the Ethyl Malto?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Here is an old recipe that has been handed around, I believe the originator is named Bill :
Bill's Twinkie
Vanilla Cupcake (TFA) - 12%
Bavarian Creme (TFA) - 6%
Whipped Cream (TFA) - 6%
Sweetener (TFA) - 6%
This does make a super sweet vape, one for a sweet tooth.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Here is an old recipe that has been handed around, I believe the originator is named Bill

That looks like 1 of Bill's Magic Vapor's recipes. Maybe a version of it anyway. Here's his Twinkie Juice from his recipes on the dropbox. I substituted the DX versions in it when I saved the recipe. Original from the dropbox has the regular versions:

Twinkie Juice (All TFA)
DX Vanilla Cupcake 14%
Sweetener 4%
DX Sweet Cream 6%
DX Bavarian Cream 6%

I've tried about 9 of his recipes so far, and have found 6 that are now favorites. Here's a link to his extensive list of recipes on the dropbox, and also a link to his Blog that may be of help to DIY newbies and others who DIY, too. There are lots of good tips, hints, explanations for things, etc. in it. It also explains how to do his 100DT (100 drop test) that helps you make a sample, tweak it to your own taste while taking notes on any changes, and then use those notes to modify the recipe before making bigger batches. I use the 100DT for every new recipe I make. Works like a charm!

Dropbox - Bill's TFA recipes on EJuiceMeUp Calculator Format.zip

Bill's Magic Vapor's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Great thread. I already have more recipes to try than I can shake a stick at but this thread is giving me lots of great ideas for new recipes to adapt to my preferred line of Real Flavors Super Concentrates stash (and also making my flavoring shopping list grow even longer).

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Is there a way I can move this into an existing JuiceMeUp folder on a Windoze 7 PC ? Without manually entering each one ?
I doubt it but could be wrong (I use @HotRod19579 juice calculator myself). You should probably ask the ejuicemeup developer instead of that poster since I am pretty sure she does not use that same calculator.

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
This gives me hope. I just dropped a pile of cash on mixing supplies. As I started to learn what I got myself into I almost went back and cancelled the order. Lucky me, my taste buds prefer the desserts so I guess my wait times for results are going to teach me more about patience than I care to know :<0)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Is there a way I can move this into an existing JuiceMeUp folder on a Windoze 7 PC ? Without manually entering each one ?

As Fozzy71 said above...I don't use that calculator. So, I C&P them into a very long Wordpad document on my Windows PC. I also did the same with a bunch of his info in his blog posts.

Many of the recipes are found within his blog posts, too. You could go through them and just C&P the ones you want to save. Not a quick method for getting them from there either, but...that's the only way I could figure how to tell others who had the same question.

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
TFA is making Diketone free Flavoring now, Designated by DX on their site Juicy Peach is one of them. Would have to cross reference the others listed here to confirm whether or not there is a diketone free version of the creams
I was purchasing flavors for the first time and bought a few of these thinking it might be wise. Will have to dig up more info on it but thanks for making me feel I may have done something correctly on instinct. Part of keeping things simple is not worrying about what your ingesting into your lungs.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There are only two recipes I've ever used and they were successful and couldn't be simpler. The first was to dilute pre mix I liked with unflavored. I found I could dilute the pre mix 3 parts unflavored to 1 part flavored, 25/75, and get a good result. The other recipe, the one I still use, is to use all in one flavorings so i don't have to mix various flavors. Another thing i learned is start with a very low percent and see if it' enough. I can't vape pre mix any more because it has too much flavoring.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Lucky me, my taste buds prefer the desserts so I guess my wait times for results are going to teach me more about patience than I care to know

Not for all dessert eliquids though, IMO. The only ones I let "naturally age" are those that contain Custard (only 3 so far that I make). The rest that I make...I shake and vape usually. Only other exception is if a flavoring in a recipe has ethyl alcohol in it. That I let evaporate off for a few days, while shaking the bottle several times a day and leaving it uncapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread