Recomendations for a mouth to lung tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
Sorry if this has been done to death here.

I just don't get the sub-ohm thing. For me, the taste is nowhere near as good as the smaller MTL tanks.

Everyone talks about the eleaf GS line but I have a huge issue with them. The fill slots are so poorly designed and small that I can NOT fill that tank up without having juice drip though the chimney and all over the place. Otherwise, it's fine but that flaw has gotten to me.

There are sub-ohm tanks coming out like crazy. Are there any choices for the MTL crowd that are considered far better than the rest? I tried going back to my aspire vivi nova only to quickly realized why I left. Gurgling and juice in mouth.

Anyu suggestions would be great.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I like the Nautilus tanks. I have been using the Mini for about 7 months, and I am going to give the full-size Nautilus a shot once it arrives in the mail. I am also working on building my own above-ohm coils for my Subtank Mini--with reduced airflow and a decent drip tip, the Subtank Mini might be a good MTL as well.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The nautilus mini was made for MTL but you are replacing coil head that cost dollars. In the early months the important thing is quitting, not saving pennies so the N mini is my go to for quitting. When I got tired of buying coil heads I rebuilt the subtank mini for some months and learned I like a clean coil and fresh wick almost every day. Then I tried a Tugboat v2 clone rda and never vaped a tank again. The switch to rda's was not primarily about flavor. They are small, good for pocket carry, there is no glass to break, they are quicker to rebuild than tanks, fewer parts, etc. And redripping is not as often nor as big a hastle as you might think. Then, temp control makes dripping a far more convenient experience. When necessary you can vape long past the point where a watts control device would start giving you burnt hits. (To get a MTL air supply with the Tugboat and most other drippers has me taping off the second air supply and using only a partial air hole on the coil side. Or get an Achilles rda. If you like the taste from that device you have all the convenience of an rda and a significantly large drip well and very resistant to leaking.)

mkdive2015

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
SoCal
Anyone recommend the ego one mega for this purpose?
I have one. It works, and not bad at all. It came with a evic vtc. Although my STM v2 completely out preforms the mega in just about every way, I still like and occasionally use the mega.
I haven't bought any of the CLR coils for the mega yet. Not sure I will (having too much fun building on the STM).

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
I am not really like liking Subohming either, I don't do/like lung hits. I am using a Nautilus Mini for a long time but I have to say the Nautilis Mini does NOT get near my isub G in terms of flavor ;( After I got the isub G I tested it, now back to the Nautilus and TBH it feels like I am drawing air and I dont get the "satisfied" feeling. While I can adjust the iSub g with little airflow and different drip tip to do MTL....it's still obvious that subohms are not "made" for MTL. I am really looking for something "in between", something which can do good MTL like the Nautilus but the flavor and warm vape of a subohm.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
This really is the million dollar question. I'm having the same struggle. Your gripe with the GS tank is understandable, it really can be a pain to fill. I used to love the Nautilus, but the new coils just caused me flooding one too many times.

For the love that all is holy...don't do the Triton with 1.8 unless you only vape high VG. With 70+ VG it has moments of greatness...if you can tolerate occasional leakage. But if you vape 50/50 or even 40/60 juice it's the worst.

I keep hearing about that Kabuki tank, but the price is just way-way too high. I wish I had some suggestions, but I can at least help you eliminate a few.

I've been on naughty mini's and regulars for more than a year, and loved them.
With these I've converted 6 smokers, and 4 are still on them.
The 4 that stayed on, have since then converted at least 4 more.
imho the Nautilii (sp?) are really one of the best choices for quiters, and everyone that doesn't want to get _more_ into vaping than just getting their nic-fix.

As it has turned into a hobby for me, build quality and aesthetics have become relevant to me.
For my mtl I use kabuki's now primarily for my all day vapes.
I also have a rebuildable rda from titanium-mods that has a great mtl, and will hopefully get satisfied with my soon-to-have squape rs.

As I was a massive fan of the naughties I ordered 3 tritons, to hopefully replace my naughties.
- topfill
- better build quality
- options to subohm
- "next gen"

All these made sense, but plainly said the tritons are a slight dissapointment.

From my local B&M I gathered that they sell a lot of the new justfog series.
The Justfog 1453, C14 and G14 were titled by them as the nautlius killers for analog-quitters.

Hope you find your match... (just stay off analogs... )

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    How about using the GS's and have blunt point needle caps for your juices? I use a 14Gauge needle cap for my carto tanks and it fills quick and easy.

Or, how about giving Carto's another try. There are many of us still using them. :)

Good draw, never gurgle or dry hit, very very cheap.

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    I vape MTL, and for tanks I have two Erlkönigin clones, two Kanger STM's, four KFL's, one being an auth., and two carto/tanks going. These work good for me, and as for tanks, I really don't want for anything else. If I had to, I could do carto/tanks only with no problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread