Recomendations for a mouth to lung tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Yeah, after reading tons of reviews and comments, it sounds like the STM has leaking issues for far too many. I've decided to stay away. I have too many leaky tanks.

I just got the innokin isub Apex yesterday and so far I love it. Zero leakage from what reviewers are saying and so far the same for me. Very cool airflow system that keeps everything as it should be. Worth looking into.

You like the Apex? That's good to know. I've heard lots of great things about the isub G. The 2 ohm coils seem hard to find. Now I'm not sure whether to get the isub G now or wait for the Apex?

The other one is the Herakles using Atlantis V2 1ohm coil. Both of those are supossed to be a step up in flavor to the Nautilus which I'm using now.

Those Atlantis V2 coils are versitle and seem to fit a number of sub ohm tanks. I wish they'd come out with 1.3 or 1.5 ohm. They will also fit the iJust2 but I haven't heard much about it.

Your definatley not alone. I'm seeing more and more comments about wishing there were more available for non sub ohmer's. I'm not crazy about big clouds of vaper and prefer to stealth vape.

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
It's confusing, but I'm almost sure that the Hydra 1.8's will not fit in the Herakles; they're smaller in size, close to a Nautlius BVC. What makes it more confusing is that the Hydra is technically called the "Herakles Hydra." It made my head spin too. So ya, apparently this tank is sort of it's own thing. Too bad; I really wish they would've made a 1.8 for their other tanks like the Cyclone too.
Well it came with 1.8ohm and a lower sub ohm coil with tank. So they do make a 1.8ohm coil head for it. Not saying it's compatible with the Hydra coils, but that Herakles Tank did have 1.8ohm coil heads

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just bought a Subtank Plus with TC coils but haven't yet gotten a TC device. The .5 Rba was chucking clouds right out of the box but no MTL there.. So I ripped apart the .2 (nichrome?) VOCC head that came with it and built a 1.8ohm 2mm diameter outta 28 gauge kanthal. Wicked it through the holes and left a little outside and fluffed it up. Been running it from 10 to 20 watts all day and no leaks. Does both MTL and STL hits depending on the airflow settings. I think with the leaks there's just not enough cotton in there. Been finding that instead of less is more, I've had a lot more success with using more cotton than I thought would be good.
*edit I should also note that I switched the driptip with a Kayfun style tip and that helped greatly with the MTL.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Well it came with 1.8ohm and a lower sub ohm coil with tank. So they do make a 1.8ohm coil head for it. Not saying it's compatible with the Hydra coils, but that Herakles Tank did have 1.8ohm coil heads

Weird, I can't find anything about this online. If you find a link on where to buy them for the larger Herkales tank, please post. I love the Hydra but it's a bit too small. I'd probably buy the big guy in a second if I could get 1.8's for it.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I'm in need of this too. I can't go back to a nautilus after building a bunch of stuff but I really need replaceable coils for flavor post op.

I ink the ego one is better than the nautilus mini flavor wise. By quite a bit. But it relies on building clr coils (or I guess disposing of them) but it's still not good enough compared to proper flavor tanks. It's so disappointing there aren't any genuinely good m2l tanks with OCC tc coils.

One of the biggest issues is chimney size. People recommending sub ohm tanks closed down don't get the chimney thing, and that's most of the answers I get asking other places.

Things like the sub tank. Atlantis, etc. they aren't good for mouth to lung and flavor just because you can close the afc, they vape hot on the throat and have huge collectors and chimneys that dissipate flavor rather than concentrating.

The deep lung hit trend confuses me, flavor is nonexistent comparative,y, I've tried s bunch and they all suck for flavor compared to so,etching like a kayfun v4 or mark bugs gem, or Aqua v 2

I really need a replaceable coil tank but I just can't find anything that satisfies me. It's a real bummer.

I guess maybe I have to buy a ton of clr heads and build them pre op, like fifty of them. Man that's going to be expensive.

• Optimistic
Reactions: shedawg

Mercster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
Knoxville, TN
...post op...pre op...

What is this, I don't know what pre/post op means?

I (th)ink the ego one is better than the nautilus mini flavor wise. By quite a bit. But it relies on building clr coils (or I guess disposing of them) but it's still not good enough compared to proper flavor tanks. It's so disappointing there aren't any genuinely good m2l tanks with OCC tc coils.

Yeah I've heard ego One is more of a m2l tank. On the other hand, I've heard it in several places that TC doesn't really make sense unless you're subohming?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I'll just add to the chorus of Aspire Nautilus Mini lovers...great for MTL. (though I can't seem to find one that doesnt leak badly and flood the coil head...been through two now...must be something I'm doing.)
Where is it leaking? Our the airflow hole? Or do you mean the coil is flooding and gurgling? I have three. Mine haven't leaked, but in the hot summer they do gurgle.

Reactions: Mercster

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
I'll just add to the chorus of Aspire Nautilus Mini lovers...great for MTL. (though I can't seem to find one that doesnt leak badly and flood the coil head...been through two now...must be something I'm doing.)

Wild guess you may be overfilling...make sure when you fill and turn the tank back over it doesn't exceed the 2 ml mark...so when filling stop before someway short of the marker (as it's inaccurate when the tank is upside down). Alternatively you might be over priming.

If I get any hint of flooding I a. Turn up the wattage slightly, making sure it's not too high for the coil and then b. run a few hits without actually vapkng to burn off any excess.

Mercster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Where is it leaking? Our the airflow hole? Or do you mean the coil is flooding and gurgling? I have three. Mine haven't leaked, but in the hot summer they do gurgle.

It seems to like...leak internally? The coil head gets super flooded and the mod I use it with doesn't even fire anymore. It just like, stops. Almost no air flow, it and seems to "seize up". I took it all apart, cleaned out the base good, put new coil in, didn't over-prime, did everything right...within 10 minutes it felt flooded again, juice is flooding into the base, etc.

Mercster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Wild guess you may be overfilling...make sure when you fill and turn the tank back over it doesn't exceed the 2 ml mark...so when filling stop before someway short of the marker (as it's inaccurate when the tank is upside down). Alternatively you might be over priming.

Ohhh you know what? I might be overfilling. I'll clean again and make sure not to do that (pretty sure I didn't overprime) and see how that works. Thanks.

Reactions: David Wolf

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
It seems to like...leak internally? The coil head gets super flooded and the mod I use it with doesn't even fire anymore. It just like, stops. Almost no air flow, it and seems to "seize up". I took it all apart, cleaned out the base good, put new coil in, didn't over-wick, did everything right...within 10 minutes it felt flooded again, juice is flooding into the base, etc.

if juice is flooding into the base sounds as like a. Problem with the coil not making a seal or b.
overfilling c. faulty or cloned tank/s.

I sometimes get a bit of juice in the base but no way flooding.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
I think I forgot it had that line there and i was just filling it up like a normal tank...dont remember and dont wanna mess with it right now, but I'll work with it.

When you do make sure you stop before the line, once it's turned over it will exceed 2 ml if you go to the line. Stop way short the first time to make sure and give yourself an idea of how far to go to make a 2 ml fill.

Mercster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
Knoxville, TN
When you do make sure you stop before the line, once it's turned over it will exceed 2 ml if you go to the line. Stop way short the first time to make sure and give yourself an idea of how far to go to make a 2 ml fill.

Yeah, I knew this when I bought it (it was my first tank ever!) but I think since I got a bunch of these other subohm tanks and stuff, I forgot about that. I definitely love it for a nice, relaxing M2L vape when I'm in bed watching TV or whatever. :) Thanks for everyone's advice, hopefully I'll resurrect this thing from the dead!

(BTW I just came from the B&M with a TFV4 mini, kanthal and titanium wire, cotton, and a Vapor Tech RDA tool kit...gonna built my first coils ever tonight. I am a sick sick man.)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, I knew this when I bought it (it was my first tank ever!) but I think since I got a bunch of these other subohm tanks and stuff, I forgot about that. I definitely love it for a nice, relaxing M2L vape when I'm in bed watching TV or whatever. :) Thanks for everyone's advice, hopefully I'll resurrect this thing from the dead!

(BTW I just came from the B&M with a TFV4 mini, kanthal and titanium wire, cotton, and a Vapor Tech RDA tool kit...gonna built my first coils ever tonight. I am a sick sick man.)
Well now building your own coils is a thrill, my first time it worked and I was pretty proud, haha. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread