Recommend a good small secondary device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I really like the Kanger Subvod kits for a tube mod with matching tank combo. They make several versions with various mAh batteries. IMO, it's easy to use, is a smaller form factor, a tank (Kanger TopTank Nano) that I've never had leak so far in 6 months of use, and it's got an internal battery that you recharge via the Micro Port. You can use the OCC or SSOCC coils in them, and adjust the AFC on the tank to whatever you prefer for MTL or DTL vaping. After I bought and tried one for several months...I ordered 4 more kits when they were on sale for just $14.99/kit!

ETA: It also pays to do a Google search using the terms SALE or CLEARANCE along with the name of whatever the device is you're looking for. Those Subvod kits I found/bought for $14.99 on an ECF registered supplier's website, were advertised at that same time for $34.99 on sale...here on the ECF by a different supplier.

Also, I've seen the Aspire K1 on sale in just the last few days while I was browsing Clearance sections of websites. I'll see if I can go back in my history and find where it was for you.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
A New addition to my arsenal is the X-Taste Nano 90W which I am pretty happy with you might want to look into.

upload_2017-8-13_14-17-37.png

Last edited:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
If it's just for driving I'd like you to get an Innokin DRV...just because it looks cool and I want to talk to someone who uses one, lol, because I don't want to buy one myself. Seriously though there are tons of options. What kind of atomizer (Ohms) and power level (Watts/Volts) are you used to and what is the capacity (mAh) of your current set up?

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You can buy the Aspire CF Mod here (Black only), on sale for $7.49:

Aspire CF Mod

It takes a single 18650 battery (not included).

To use an Aspire K1 tank on the CF Mod, you'd need to get an adapter, since the tank is eGo threaded. But they're cheap at about $1.50 on sale.

The Aspire K1 tank can be bought at many places, as well as the Aspire BVC coils it takes. I have 3 now, after a neighbor recommended them and I got 1, and then ordered 2 more when I found out how much I liked it.

The CF Mod and K1 tank won't be a seamless fit together, diameter-wise, if that matters to you. The tank is a much smaller diameter than the CF Mod is, so it screws onto the eGo threading that's down inside the metal ring at the top of the mod. A 510 tank will screw on flush with the top of the mod though, and will cover the larger opening that's visible when an eGo threaded tank is on it.

Last edited:

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
If it's a small form tank you want, terry looking for the EhPro Big Buddha Mini tank (mini bhddha). 18mm single coil rebuildable, 2.5ml capacity. I have two, one built to .6Ω for 80VG on a Pico, the other built to 1.6Ω for 60VG on a Provari 2.5. They're discontinued and very hard to find now; I may look to buy out any left in existence soon.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If it's just for driving I'd like you to get an Innokin DRV...just because it looks cool and I want to talk to someone who uses one, lol, because I don't want to buy one myself.

I bought one of those from CompleteVape.com when they had them on Blow out Clearance for $12.50 before they closed down for good. Haven't used it yet though, for a couple reasons. First, I haven't taken any road trips since I got it. Also, I need to have my electrical system checked for my cigarette lighter plug-in, before I use it. When using a regular plug in charger in it to charge another mod while driving...something caused it to vent! I know the mod and charging cord were fine before that, using them at home.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I bought one of those from CompleteVape.com when they had them on Blow out Clearance for $12.50 before they closed down for good. Haven't used it yet though, for a couple reasons. First, I haven't taken any road trips since I got it. Also, I need to have my electrical system checked for my cigarette lighter plug-in, before I use it. When using a regular plug in charger in it to charge another mod while driving...something caused it to vent! I know the mod and charging cord were fine before that, using them at home.

Yikes! That would freak me out. Hopefully you get it sorted out without having to spend too much money.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You can buy the Aspire CF Mod here (Black only), on sale for $7.49:

Aspire CF Mod

It takes a single 18650 battery (not included).

To use an Aspire K1 tank on the CF Mod, you'd need to get an adapter, since the tank is eGo threaded. But they're cheap at about $1.50 on sale.

The Aspire K1 tank can be bought at many places, as well as the Aspire BVC coils it takes. I have 3 now, after a neighbor recommended them and I got 1, and then ordered 2 more when I found out how much I liked it.

The CF Mod and tank won't be a seamless fit together though, diameter-wise, if that matters to you. The tank is a smaller diameter than the CF Mod is. Of course, a cone used where they attach would make a more clean-looking transition between them.

That's a fantastic deal. It has old school eGo simplicity with 4.2v constant output. That's perfect for a relatively new RBA fan because it uses an external 18650 battery and acts like a mech with no drop. You build to the battery's capability.

BTW, I believe the device is dual threaded to take both 510 and eGo devices.

I might get a couple of these.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
That's a fantastic deal. It has old school eGo simplicity with 4.2v constant output. That's perfect for a relatively new RBA fan because it uses an external 18650 battery and acts like a mech with no drop. You build to the battery's capability.

Yeah. It does have both. I was tempted to grab one before myself but it didn't quite work for me for what I was doing and the hardware I had. Hard to pass up at that price and now I can build the coils I want so it's very tempting again. Hmmmmm. I do have store credit with MEL....

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Buying something you know is obsolete is not a good purchase in my opinion. The Nautilus Mini considered being Legacy bothers me.................. Just depends on where you are shopping.............

I wouldn't call this obsolete. It fills a niche.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Buying something you know is obsolete is not a good purchase in my opinion. The Nautilus Mini considered being Legacy bothers me.................. Just depends on where you are shopping.............

I don't see the point of this post. Wrong thread?

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

Turns out I had enough store credit to buy one of these and a box of cotton. Did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread