Recommend me wire for Griffin RTA? My ideas below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Hi friends,

I'm looking at buying my first spool of wire, and have the Griffin 25 and the Avocado, as well as the rba for the Crown 1.

My ideas are 24g SS - but i am interested in trying some more exotic wire too, if cost effective and actually improves flavour.

What do you guys think of these? any other suggestions from fasttech? should I worry about brand name?

$7.22 316L Stainless Steel Twisted Resistance Wire for RBA - 24*24 AWG / 0.5*0.5mm / 10m at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping 24*24 AWG / 0.5*0.5mm / 10m $7.22
$3.30 316L Stainless Steel Heating Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers - 24 AWG / 0.5mm*10m at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping 24 AWG / 0.5mm*10m $3.30

Also, can anyone recommend a coil tool?

I was looking at this $11.52 Authentic UD Stainless Steel Wire Coiling Jig Tool Kit - 2.5mm + 3mm + 3.5mm + 4mm heads at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But seems really expensive for what it is.

Thanks,
Oz

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Me personally, I don't like twisted wire, because it's a pain to work with and it is prone to spitback.
If you'd like something "special", I'd go for some standard 26/32 Clapton wire.
Depending on your prefered resistance-range, go with Kanthal for the higher ohms, SS316l for lower, with Nichrome somewhere in between. But most of the time I go with Kanthal. 6 wraps of Kanthal 26/32 Clapton with an inner diameter of 3mm comes out at around 0,4 ohms in dual coil, which is fine for a vape till about 70 watts with a dual 18650 mod. If you want to vape at higher wattages than that, which I think is mostly pointless, go with nichrome for about 90 watts or SS316l for max 150 watts. But for those high wattages, your wicking has to be absolutely perfect, or you puke faster than you can say dry-hit.

24ga SS316L is fine, although I prefer Nichrome, because I think it provides better flavour and a more reasonable resistance for batterylife. But tastes differ.

The Kuro Coiler works fine and costs around 5,50$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread