Recommendation for a 20A+ / 3000mAh+ batter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Yes LG, yes Samsung, yes Sony, no Efest.

1wRfqEy.jpg

Reactions: Baditude

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
twolostminds wrote: I'm running an IPV5 topped with a SteamCrave Aromamizer RDTA using dual SS316L coils coming in a .22 Ohms. It is time to replace my batteries, been using Efest 20A 3100mAh bat's. Should I stick with these or are the better options that have come out in the past 6 months? You advice is greatly appreciated.

Efest is one of those re-wrappers that don't always use quality cells. They also rate their batteries at absolute maximum (burst current) instead of CDR (continuous discharge rate). So, you have to understand that when you buy Efest there may be wide variations in available capacity from cell to cell.

That said, I have several Efests that perform well for low watt vaping. You just can't use them for performance vaping at high wattage and expect to be safe.

Lots of vendors sell batteries at a premium. You are better off buying batteries from a supplier that sells batteries that are tested and proven to be what the label says. RTDVapor, Orbtronics, and Illumn are vendors who sell guaranteed quality cells that they test to perform as advertised. You will pay lower prices from those vendors and get guaranteed OEM batteries.

Take a look at Mooch's battery tests for an idea of the differences in battery performance.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
RTDVapor was out of LG HG2's. I found them in stock at Orbtronics and ordered 3 for my RX200S. The 2100mah Sony VTC4's that I was using just didn't have the power to go more than about 12 hours of vaping clock time. They are 30A batteries that will pull a lot of heavy load, but for a shorter time. The LG HG2's should give me a couple of days or more with the 3000mah rating. I'm only vaping at about 2.1 amps/10W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread