Recommendation for an RDA for Beginner?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Arnie H, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnie H

Arnie H Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello. I'm looking to get into the wonderful world of dripping. Heard great things about the flavor.

Can someone recommend a good quality, RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer), that is noob friendly (easy to make coils and wicks with), that is not too expensive?

Thanks.

2. Aubie80

Aubie80 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would suggest either the igo-l or the igo-w. The only difference between the two is the igo-w can be set up single or dual coil whereas the igo-l is set up with single coil.

3. Crash Moses

Crash Moses Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    IGO-L for sure. Inexpensive and lots of room to work. That's what I learned on and it's actually a nice dripper with a large capacity. I have three for comparing different configurations.

4. Arnie H

Arnie H Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the recommendations.

5. puchox

puchox Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Another vote for the igo-l, i have 2 setup with ekowool 2mm and 2ohm coils, awesome vape :)

6. Erikb214

Erikb214 Full Member Verified Member

i really like the octopus, or squid, the optimus is a really great easy to use as well, but i would recommend the octopus, its very easy to rebuild and delivers a very good vape, and the price point is great i think you can find them for around $10

7. mooshi

mooshi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

+1 for iGo-L. I actually learned on the iGo-W first. Then someone gave me a Squid. Surprisingly, I got it workin' on the first try with only a teeeeeeny bit of adjustment to fix a small hot spot.

I did mine with some ekowool and 28 gauge kanthal, running 1.2 ohms. :)

Best wishes!

8. DoogieTony

DoogieTony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This phoenix clone is a beast.

Phoenix

9. justice92786

justice92786 Full Member

Been vaping on my first RDA for about 3 weeks now and I am in love! Did a fair amount of research and I ended up with the Phoenix Big Bully from gotvapes.com. I

The space in which you have to work with is a bit more confined than the Igo-L but the holes in the center post are what ultimately sold me.

10. Leithan

Leithan Just a "Member" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    All good suggestions, I like the IGOs and the octopi (big and mini). Very simple to set up and use. I think the IGOs are better quality.

11. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Well, you guys did answer his question. So kudos to all the above.

However, wouldn't it be easier to just use a standard 510 atomizer for a month and see how well you take to dripping...if you even like it?

Don't bother with high-cost bridgeless stuff ...you want the bridge there to hold juice. Just get a standard Joye 510 or whatever atomizer in the proper ohms and drip for a month. With occasional blowing out and rinsing it should last a month or two (LR stuff maybe not quite as long).

THEN...check out the RDA if you survive dripping exclusively for a month.

-OR-

Get the RDA now, get tired of dripping fast, and then PIF it to me. :p

12. IoNeK

IoNeK Full Member

I personally love the IGO-W on my K101 mech mod running @ .3 ohms.

+5 for AttyPops comment and You could also send it to me :p

13. AttyPops

Supporting member
    P.S. Anybody have a link to the IGO-W wick placement handy? AKA....how do you fold up the wicks with the 3 posts inside the RBA?

14. IoNeK

IoNeK Full Member

This is the way I like to set up mine. I like to leave my wick a little longer so i can add more drops. Im a lazy dripper that way :p

IMAG0216.jpg

15. AttyPops

Supporting member
    lol.

But if the OP is following that config (All-mech, and RDA) we should make sure he has a multi-meter and knows how to use it too.

Many/most sites warn about that, but not all....

16. AttyPops

Supporting member
    So you just mash all the wicks around in there when you screw on the top?

(Obviously thinking about getting one. I dripped for 2 years using standard atomizers. Probably won't do SLR though...3 ish amp limit on my VV box mod. Looks like it would vape like a train even at standard DCRBA ohms of 1.7 ish)

17. IoNeK

IoNeK Full Member

Most definitely ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS check your rebuilds resistance before usage.

And yah I just mash them all in but its not too bad because the top is a pop on so you can rotate to line up the air holes. Its definitely easy to fog up everything in front of you with this set up :vapor::vapor::vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.