Recommendation, MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
Im doing well with DL, but im still smoking. One reason, at work my DL setup is just too much vapor with a lot of people around. So, id like to try a MTL tank. Since I build coils now, ill get a Kayfun clone or similar, but right now I dont have a lot of time to mess with a new setup. Overtime is running full bore.

Can you recommend something that just works? Read a little about triton coils and multiple tanks that use those, but not sure thats the way to go. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

PS....ill be using it on a Pico, since thats what I use at work, which will limit it to 23mm at most. Thanks!

Reactions: David Wolf

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Still hard to beat the Nautilus Mini for plug and play ... and -- at least with the 50/50 juices I use -- very easy to just hold in the draw, take another breath, and produce little to no vapor if you want to. You can use much higher nic liquids to quell the cravings, it can be fairly airy on the largest air flow setting, and they do. not. leak. So, super easy, plus out and about pocket friendly, especially with a stainless steel tank sleeve.

yRBxbgI.jpg

(good for pocket and drop-accidents, but does actually reduce the volume of juice it will hold a bit)

I know it's not the exciting new hotness or anything, but still a mighty reliable little tank and very useful for some purposes, and the Aspire Nautilus BVC coils have been really well-performing for me (I buy authentics from FT, five boxes of five at a time, and that's probably about as cheap as you'll find them).

I have a lot of Kayfun Mini 3s and really love them, but you do need to change/clean the coil/wick pretty often (apparently, the small chamber seems to increase flavor, but also increase gunking), and while not "leaky" they all manage to drip a little from the air holes from time to time.

Just an option to consider!

Last edited:

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I like the Triton mini, +1 for the Nautilus mini too! & also the Nautilus 2 has been alright for me, but it's a pain to fill I think. I ordered a Kayfun lite & it was great, it's my recent venture in to building & it performs great. I still prefer my Triton mini though & soon will be getting Kabuki, the Nautilus bvc coils are my favourite coils an have been for a while :)

Reactions: pahick

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I think an Aspire tank would be your best bet, but I'd say pass on the original Naut Mini, since the Naut 2 is now out, and pretty much the same but top fill. But agreed that the Triton mini is great too.

But my personal favorite that I think is under rated is the Nautilus X. You just have to make sure to get the 1.8 coils (it comes with 1.5 which aren't great) The nice plus that this tank has is you can buy a little cheap extender that gives it 4mls. Which is a huge thing for me over the other aspire tanks. I also prefer the X coils, but some still like the BVC's better. It's a preference thing.

The x also pairs perfectly on a pico with the standard or 4ml extender. It's a bit more effort to find a place that has the tank, 1.8 coils, and extender in one shot, so may have to buy from a couple places; but well worth the initial pain in shopping it out IMO.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Still rocking my Nautilus Mini along with my other RTAs...
Just tried the new .7 ohm coil in it and I'm liking it a lot.. but you can have many options of coils with that tank.. it's the most consistent tank that I've ever owned, great flavor and it NEVER leaks. It will fit great on your Pico.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Im doing well with DL, but im still smoking. One reason, at work my DL setup is just too much vapor with a lot of people around. So, id like to try a MTL tank. Since I build coils now, ill get a Kayfun clone or similar, but right now I dont have a lot of time to mess with a new setup. Overtime is running full bore.

Can you recommend something that just works? Read a little about triton coils and multiple tanks that use those, but not sure thats the way to go. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

PS....ill be using it on a Pico, since thats what I use at work, which will limit it to 23mm at most. Thanks!
I'm a 3 year Nautilus Mini vaper, turned to Triton Mini and Kabuki clones, all using Nautilus coils. Recently tried after watching the CLR coil thread for years, an Ego One V2 with a CLR coil. Hands down, I love this setup over the Nautilus coils for MTL with great flavor and a coil I can rebuild easily. :)

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I'm a 3 year Nautilus Mini vaper, turned to Triton Mini and Kabuki clones, all using Nautilus coils. Recently tried after watching the CLR coil thread for years, an Ego One V2 with a CLR coil. Hands down, I love this setup over the Nautilus coils for MTL with great flavor and a coil I can rebuild easily. :)
I've been thinking about getting the Triton mini to go along with my Nautilus mini, but I have been looking at the Ego one v2 as well. Mainly for the fact that it has a rebuildable coil. I've heard mixed reviews on the coils. That happens with every device though. Since you are a Nautilus coil fan, your review might have me leaning towards the Ego one v2 rebuildable option. Are the CLR coils easy to build & wick? Any negatives?

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I love my triton mini but thinking on the ego one myself, I've not built much but I want too.
My understanding so far is that with the Ego One the stock coils are horrible. Small wicking holes, leaking, etc. etc.
But, rebuildable CLR coils are the way to go with this device. You can set the juice flow control on the coil. I watched some videos on it and it looks really easy to do.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
My understanding so far is that with the Ego One the stock coils are horrible. Small wicking holes, leaking, etc. etc.
But, rebuildable CLR coils are the way to go with this device. You can set the juice flow control on the coil. I watched some videos on it and it looks really easy to do.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread