Recommendations for a subohm top fill tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alorachan

Mar 16, 2013
Austin, Texas
I've been using a Nautilus Mini, which has served me very well. I love the multiple airflow options, but my biggest complaint has been that it's bottom fill. It's just gotten tiring to nearly disassemble it entirely to refill it and the base (where the coil attaches) is starting to corrode, so I definitely need a new one.

I've heard the smok TFV8 Baby Beast would be a good option, but I'm curious what my other options are?

I'm... very ignorant of wattage, voltage, ohms, etc... aside from the bare basics (i.e. ohms is resistance for the coil/atomizer, higher wattage can generate a stronger throat hit)

I have a Smart 20 battery, which I might replace at some point, that has a 510 attach point. All I know is I currently run 1.8 ohm coils at 8.5W with 12mg 60pg/40vg liquid. I care much more about throat hit, flavor, and longevity (of coils) than anything else.

Ideally want something that's easy to refill, easy to clean, with inexpensive coils (right now, I'm spending about $18~ on 5pc coils after tax). Added bonus would be drip tip and not too big (I carry a fairly small purse and would like it to still fit).

Any recommendations?

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
One more thing might try soaking your coils in hot water after you notice reduced vapor sometimes can get more life out of them. Some of my coils are 1 yr old. If they seems real gunky will soak them in vodka for 24 hours then water soak for 24 hours. Just make sure you change them out as soon as you notice less flavor or less vaper don't burn them.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Look at what eleaf has in the way of tanks. Very easy tanks to work with and top fill. Melo II and Melo 3 are inexpensive and the coils are also. Coils come in .03 and .05 ohms but don't let that throw you off, many MTL people use these, just have to up the wattage a little more than you would for the nautilus. I love the Nautilus and still use them everyday for some flavors, mostly for my darker color ejuice. ie. creams and vanilla's, chocolate. I use lighter colored ejuice in the Melo's such as mixed fruit type of vape or a stand alone flavor.
Melo also has a re-buildable option for a 1.0 ohm. Its called ECR coils, comes with coil and cotton already inserted, and you can re-wick the cotton as needed. Coils can last a long time.
:)

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I've been using a Nautilus Mini, which has served me very well. I love the multiple airflow options, but my biggest complaint has been that it's bottom fill. It's just gotten tiring to nearly disassemble it entirely to refill it and the base (where the coil attaches) is starting to corrode, so I definitely need a new one.

I've heard the SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast would be a good option, but I'm curious what my other options are?

I'm... very ignorant of wattage, voltage, ohms, etc... aside from the bare basics (i.e. ohms is resistance for the coil/atomizer, higher wattage can generate a stronger throat hit)

I have a Smart 20 battery, which I might replace at some point, that has a 510 attach point. All I know is I currently run 1.8 ohm coils at 8.5W with 12mg 60pg/40vg liquid. I care much more about throat hit, flavor, and longevity (of coils) than anything else.

Ideally want something that's easy to refill, easy to clean, with inexpensive coils (right now, I'm spending about $18~ on 5pc coils after tax). Added bonus would be drip tip and not too big (I carry a fairly small purse and would like it to still fit).

Any recommendations?
Hi
To run the BabyBeast subtank you'll need a mod that can fire down to 0.15 ohm and have at least 75w available.. The 20w mod you have now won't work..just so you know

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA

alorachan

Mar 16, 2013
Austin, Texas
Yea, originally I did. But I am ignorant so I don't think I really know what subohm means. I thought it meant bottom coil. I'm not super knowledgeable on ecig terminology.

I will be checking out that Triton Mini, sounds like a few people recommend it. =)

I am planning to get a new battery (mod?) at some point, too, but mine's still working fine for now, so something that will work with it is ideal.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Reactions: dobroeutro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread