Recommendations on temp control mods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
Hey ECF! It's that time again, I'm in the market for a new mod and as usual, I want to hear what you guys recommend.

A little background on what I currently have...
IPV2S (my war horse. It's beat up and needs some rest)
Switch between SubTank Mini, Atlantis,(out and about) Freakshow Mini and my trusty Tobh when I'm at home.

What I'm looking for...
Temp Control, good battery life. Also, I don't want to have to carry a fanny pack just to lug around my new mod (Looking at you, Snow Wolf). I have seen some of the DNA 200's with 900 mAh LiPo's. Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand why I would want something that can push 200 watts (not that I would ever go above 100) and only have 900 mAh?
Does running temp mode use more/less battery up?
Was thinking about the IPV D2 for its size and price (broke college student after all)
Possible tank upgrade to the Herakles. I like the idea of being able to swap temp coils and kanthal coils depending on my mood. Thoughts on that tank? Any other tanks I should consider?
Maybe a new RDA as well. I hear the Velocity works well with temp sensing wire?

As always, thanks for the advice ECF!

Cheers!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I use the Samsung 25R's and they easily go the full day but I don't normally vape under .7 ohms. I just picked up one of the old V1 RBA sections and it had a .5 in it that I used today. I start work at 6 and I just switched out the battery. If you pick one up I don't think you will be disappointed. It's not a DNA 200 or an SX 350J but it's a good all day device that you can pocket and really not worry to much about. The power and size fits my daily carry device perfectly.

Reactions: numbskull

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I'm quickly realizing that I can't have something too compact AND good battery life lol. What cells do you use in the IPV? Will it last a day with the subtank?
Probably about your best option for a single cell 18650 with high enough output would be the LG HG2s. 3000mah, 20A. I've used them in a SX Mini, DNA40, etc, and have witnessed a noticeable difference compared to 25Rs, or VTC4s.

On my SX Mini it has a joules counter, basically energy consumed, with 25Rs I would get between 22-24k joules, with the HG2s I would get between 29-30k joules.

To answer your question about the DNA200 devices with Lipos, they are 3S Lipo packs, so 3 900mah cells in series in a pack for the ones you were talking about. It works out to just over the battery capacity of a single 18650 in most cases.

Reactions: numbskull

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I considered the IPV D2, but went with the Sigelei 75 Watt TC for myself. Mostly because I love the look of it, and I've been unimpressed with the quality of the finish of my IPV Mini's. They'll scratch if you look at them cross eyed.

Battery life is decent for me, but I don't vape on it constantly either. The performance with TC has been very consistant with it, but I do believe it's only set up for nickel in TC mode.

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
Evic vtc mini is easy for carrying around. As its a single cell one, it kind of starting to let down below the 0.15 mark but otherwise a great little device with a lovely display. Live amps, watts and temp.
If you really want to go low , I would recommend a dual cell device at least.
The vtc has about a days worth of vaping on a 0.3 ohm single coil TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread