Recommended mod and tank combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
Hi, I currently am running an alien 220w with a tfv12 and a t12 coil, if you can't tell i'm a cloud chaser. Anyways, I am going to minneapolis, minnesota next week to mall of america. firstly, any good vape shops around there? second, are there any good tank and mod combos (bought separately) i should get? looking for any recommendations, i should have a price range of 100-200 USD.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Well, since you are pushing the limits of a dual 18650 mod with the TFV12, not to mention eating up battery life, I have and am really liking the Smok GX2/4. Easily change between dual and quad battery mode and the most comfortable fit in my hands in both configurations. Should power your TFV12 or any other topper you add with ease.

Reactions: listopencil

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
Well, since you are pushing the limits of a dual 18650 mod with the TFV12, not to mention eating up battery life, I have and am really liking the Smok GX2/4. Easily change between dual and quad battery mode and the most comfortable fit in my hands in both configurations. Should power your TFV12 or any other topper you add with ease.
alright, not really into smok, as i've had reliability issues and the tfv12 is kind of annoying. it randomly leaks no matter the atomizer or tank i have around it. i found a fix for it, but its annoying to have to do every single time i refill. i even have another tfv12 and a baby beast and they all have tje same problem. so not really gonna look into more smok products.

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
If you like big tanks and coils look for the Sigelei Slydr L tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
alright. in a mod i'm looking for a display of some sort, but it's not required. been looking into the snow wolf but i heard beyond 150 watts it starts pulsing. so not too sure on that one, i also really like the ijoy captain but heard some things about that one too.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
FYI on the Sense Blazer, it uses tfv8 coils as well as it's own. Not sure if that's going to be any advantage for you other than having an extra tank, not more cloud than your tfv12. If you do just want an extra tank, you can get an iJoy Cigpet, which uses coils that are compatible with your tfv12. That way you only have to stock one type of coil for both tanks.

The iJoy Captain seems like a nice mod and uses 20700 batteries, which are included. It reportedly does not do temp control well at all, but if you are only going to use it in wattage mode with those tanks it shouldn't matter.

Reactions: Tonee N

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
FYI on the Sense Blazer, it uses tfv8 coils as well as it's own. Not sure if that's going to be any advantage for you other than having an extra tank, not more cloud than your tfv12. If you do just want an extra tank, you can get an iJoy Cigpet, which uses coils that are compatible with your tfv12. That way you only have to stock one type of coil for both tanks.

The iJoy Captain seems like a nice mod and uses 20700 batteries, which are included. It reportedly does not do temp control well at all, but if you are only going to use it in wattage mode with those tanks it shouldn't matter.
alright. know of any good tanks to combine with the captain that have great cloud production?

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
so, i looked around a bit more (been looking around. A LOT) and do you think an ijoy captain and a sense blazer 200 would go well together?
I own them both and use the TFV8 coils in the Blazer. It has more airflow than the TFV8 and a better topfil.[emoji106]

Reactions: Eskie

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
alright. know of any good tanks to combine with the captain that have great cloud production?
Steam Crave Arominizer Plus. Postless deck. Or as commented above the Cigpet.
The GX2/4 will work in the 4 battery configuration.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I'd make sure you can even get replacement batteries for it first and check their prices. 18650s are cheap because they're also a primary ingredient in electric cars and are produced in truly vast numbers. This may or may not apply to a 20700.

Reactions: Tonee N

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The best cloud production I personally have seen from a rbta was an Ammit believe it or not. You wouldn't expect it from a single coil. But there's so much room I wrapped a 3.5mm coil in it and it worked really really well. At least for me. I don't do competition cloud chasing. You can't really smoke a cloud chaser mod in public where I live. Strangers find it offensive to emit car sized clouds of smoke.

If you want to competition cloud chase there is a gigantic 3 or 5 coil cartridge tank and a 3 battery mod built just to drive it (don't remember name, sorry) which is cleaning up locally.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'd make sure you can even get replacement batteries for it first and check their prices. 18650s are cheap because they're also a primary ingredient in electric cars and are produced in truly vast numbers. This may or may not apply to a 20700.

The 20700's were developed primarily for the car market. No doubt that will keep them around. However, you will pay a price premium to an 18650, but you do get that added capacity. Whether it's enough to justify the price difference is up to the consumer to decide. Mooch has several threads regarding the 20700's in the battery section that are worth reading when making that decision.

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
The best cloud production I personally have seen from a rbta was an Ammit believe it or not. You wouldn't expect it from a single coil. But there's so much room I wrapped a 3.5mm coil in it and it worked really really well. At least for me. I don't do competition cloud chasing. You can't really smoke a cloud chaser mod in public where I live. Strangers find it offensive to emit car sized clouds of smoke.

If you want to competition cloud chase there is a gigantic 3 or 5 coil cartridge tank and a 3 battery mod built just to drive it (don't remember name, sorry) which is cleaning up locally.
yeah, i've been thinking about it and probably wont get a rebuildable atty for now. should probably get more practice in before i attempt doing it, thinking about starting out practicing making claptons and fused claptons, then finally buying a rebuildable. anyways, thanks for the help so far. i've been watching a lot of videos from riptrippers, mooch, grimmgreen, and some other youtubers. i might see if i can get a hex ohm combined with a cigpet or a sense blazer for now until i learn to build claptons and things better, or maybe an ijoy captain with something, but after i've seen things about peeling and it getting scratched easy, i might think about an rx300 (also heard about problems with that), just digging around to find something that doesn't have undesirable issues, probably impossible because a lot of them have problems, but yeah. have plenty of time to decide before thursday. gonna try to find the one with the least problems (would say hex ohm, but thats quite pricey, and doesn't have a voltage meter)

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Don't feel you need to start out being able to make a Clapton or fused Clapton off the bat. You can get great performance out of simple round wire without jumping into the deep end. Once you're comfortable wrapping a simple coil, and more importantly how to wick it properly (the real skill when it comes to building your own stuff) then you can worry about spinning wire.

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
Don't feel you need to start out being able to make a Clapton or fused Clapton off the bat. You can get great performance out of simple round wire without jumping into the deep end. Once you're comfortable wrapping a simple coil, and more importantly how to wick it properly (the real skill when it comes to building your own stuff) then you can worry about spinning wire.
alright, still gonna wait a while though and do tons more research on it. wanna make sure i know a ton about it before i even attempt it. anyways, i'm really stuck on which mod to get, and on the tanks i'm down to the sense blazer 200 and the ijoy cigpet. but mods, WAAAAAY too many too decide from and almost all of them have some type of issue. to me the ijoy captain looks really nice, and seems like a nice mod, but i've heard about things on it peeling and the battery door sticking out some and feeling loose. so, not completely sure. getting a second mod is such a tough decision.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Getting a good mod for your money can be a matter of accepting trade offs for the lower priced gear we see. Wismec, Smok, iJoy, all have had problematic models. My issue with the Captain isn't the finish or scratch stuff, but it doesn't really do temp control well at all, and that's an issue for me. Wismec has had their share of headaches. Smok is hit or miss, but I do have an Alien and AL85 from them that haven't given me any problems including finish.

If you're going to really cloud chase look for a 3 or 4 battery mod (or the Captain with those batteries). The Smok 2/4 gives you lots of options. Will it crap out early?Maybe but that's true with all of them. Even though I have a Wismec 200s and a Presa 100, I'm not totally comfy recommending any of their stuff right now. Look at the melted exo skeleton that I think they pulled from the market all together. You pay your money and take your chance.

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
Getting a good mod for your money can be a matter of accepting trade offs for the lower priced gear we see. Wismec, Smok, iJoy, all have had problematic models. My issue with the Captain isn't the finish or scratch stuff, but it doesn't really do temp control well at all, and that's an issue for me. Wismec has had their share of headaches. Smok is hit or miss, but I do have an Alien and AL85 from them that haven't given me any problems including finish.

If you're going to really cloud chase look for a 3 or 4 battery mod (or the Captain with those batteries). The Smok 2/4 gives you lots of options. Will it crap out early?Maybe but that's true with all of them. Even though I have a Wismec 200s and a Presa 100, I'm not totally comfy recommending any of their stuff right now. Look at the melted exo skeleton that I think they pulled from the market all together. You pay your money and take your chance.
yeah, my final decision i'm thinking of is an ijoy captain with a sense blazer 200, would look great together and have great performance together imo. who knows, maybe i'll get the kit and have a third tank, if any stores have it at least. just gotta find the shop in minneapolis that has it. my alien 220w is great and so is my tfv12, but just looking to get more mods and tanks. i've only been around the vaping community since march, but dang, i'm probably gonna blow a LOT of money on mods and tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread