Recommended mod and tank combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
of course, like any other mod, i found some issues with it. someone did some tests on it and found the 510 connector would pull out, but another youtuber tried it and it didn't happen. they also tested something with the ohm reader on the mod, and said that was bad too, and that the sense blazer 200 didn't work with it, YET, other youtubers have said it's a great mod, and so have regular every day consumers. i have no idea who to trust here, should i just go for it OR should i get a smok h priv or a sigelei kaos? i have no clue. just need to make sure theres no overhang with the sense blazer 200 or sense blazer pro.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Blazer 200 on Alien 220
bb9ef66786fa17ac37c23469dc65a5a2.jpg
42c3cb32c821a1a5b0ab30bcc1beb70f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
yeah, i've been thinking about it and probably wont get a rebuildable atty for now. should probably get more practice in before i attempt doing it, thinking about starting out practicing making claptons and fused claptons, then finally buying a rebuildable. anyways, thanks for the help so far. i've been watching a lot of videos from riptrippers, mooch, grimmgreen, and some other youtubers. i might see if i can get a hex ohm combined with a cigpet or a sense blazer for now until i learn to build claptons and things better, or maybe an ijoy captain with something, but after i've seen things about peeling and it getting scratched easy, i might think about an rx300 (also heard about problems with that), just digging around to find something that doesn't have undesirable issues, probably impossible because a lot of them have problems, but yeah. have plenty of time to decide before thursday. gonna try to find the one with the least problems (would say hex ohm, but thats quite pricey, and doesn't have a voltage meter)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I personally haven't gotten a ton of mileage out of exotic builds so far. They don't clean off as well as bare wire and tend to heat slower, which to some degree offsets performance enhancements. Lots of people do though so it may be worth it. That cartridge cloud chaser thing was pretty easy to identify though because it had a cartridge the size of a stack of quarters. Real monster. The mod made to go with it was made by the same company and had a sky high wattage rating 300w+

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Well, since you are pushing the limits of a dual 18650 mod with the TFV12, not to mention eating up battery life, I have and am really liking the Smok GX2/4. Easily change between dual and quad battery mode and the most comfortable fit in my hands in both configurations. Should power your TFV12 or any other topper you add with ease.

That's the one that popped into my head when I read the OP. Here's a (goofy) review of it:

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
That's the one that popped into my head when I read the OP. Here's a (goofy) review of it:

From the OP, I had no idea Smok was not an option.

Mostly wanted to comment about the review you linked for anybody else that may view it. First, the USB port IS NOT for charging......update only! Second, the reviewer added two other batteries to the pair already being used in dual mode. Per strong recommendation, I have a married pair for dual mode and a married set of 4 for quad mode.....and never shall they be used or mixed together.

Ending with a quick plug, this is one fine mod!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
my exact reaction lmao. so guys, final decision time. ijoy captain, or the sigelei kaos. only two decent mods i could find that aren't overly priced and can support the sense blazer 200 and sense blazer pro.
If you can, both, if not, Captain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'd second the Captain. However, realize there is no guarantee against a failure, and you should check on whether the retailer offers replacement or assistance in warranty service should it be necessary. It's also the reason you should always have backups of backups, as you don't want to run into a situation where something breaks and you can't vape for a period of time. Way too tempting to slip back to cigs.

And know even "high end" expensive mods break too, but with a hopefully lower rate than less expensive mass market products.

Reactions: Tonee N

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
I'd second the Captain. However, realize there is no guarantee against a failure, and you should check on whether the retailer offers replacement or assistance in warranty service should it be necessary. It's also the reason you should always have backups of backups, as you don't want to run into a situation where something breaks and you can't vape for a period of time. Way too tempting to slip back to cigs.

And know even "high end" expensive mods break too, but with a hopefully lower rate than less expensive mass market products.
yeah, who knows, i may decide to get both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread