Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy!

Our ships carpenter be tearin up the planking to make ye these mods, take a gander lubber!

Seriously tho...

A couple months back I wanted to buy a wooden box mod 'kit' but was unable to find one. After some pondering I decided that I would just throw a wood box mod together myself and be done with it.

I've been working with wood for decades and am an electronics technician, what could be hard about it?

Yeah, right ...

I decided a few weeks into all this, that I would make some extras to help the other modders provide for our ECF members, many who have been unable to get their hands on a wood mod and to help pay for the new tools I just "had" to have :laugh:

After several trial and errors, I have two models to offer and will be selling a few at a time.

Mark-I "Bandit", 3.7V 14500 x 1, 510 atty, 3A button, 2.7"x1.7"x.95" - No safety switch (I unscrew atty a turn if I'm concerned about accidental firing).

30ml bottle for size comparison

#101 - SOLD - Red Oak

#102 - Red Oak / Mediterranean Olive end caps

#104 - Red Oak / Mediterranean Olive end caps

#105 - SOLD - Red Oak / Teak wood end caps

#106 - Red Oak / Mediterranean Olive end caps

All are constructed from Red Oak with 510 atty connectors and black horn switchs.

The burgundy liner is felt and the battery is tightly held inside. After a couple days the battery squishes down the liner and it all fits together even better.

$85.00 for any Mark-I model above, with free priority shipping to USA and I will buy insurance.

(Btw, I knocked $40 off the original $125.00 price as I wont be making any more of these)

Mark-II "Misty", 5V 14500 x2, 510 atty, 3A button, 2.9"x2.3"x.85" - No safety switch

Recessed button, difficult to accidentally fire unit.

30ml bottle for size comparison

#201 - Cherry / Cherry /Mahogany end caps

#203 - SOLD - Maple / Maple / Black Walnut end caps

and lastly for today,

#204 - Cherry / Cherry / Black walnut end caps / Bolivian Rosewood Inlays x2

$110.00 for any Mark-II model above, with free priority shipping to USA and I will buy insurance.

Contact me at Brian_w001@hotmail.com with item number, alternate choice (if you wish), your shipping address and I will send you a invoice. Please post on the forum your item# and 'Sold' message for other members if possible. Thanks

I have started many more variations with different woods and inlays and am finally having a bit of fun making these after so many weeks of banging my head on the wall.

I may take pre-orders in the future if this works out, but for now the best I can offer is to listen to your suggestions on the forums here.

Btw, 6 month warranty on parts/labor. I will repair or replace unit if necessary.

Wow this is a big post, hope I remembered everything, enough then! Arrrrrrr!

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I am a dripper and the Mark-I unit was originally made just for me. Also, I wanted a PV that was as pretty inside as it was outside. I suppose the atty connector could be modified and a bottle added, but no, they are not currently bottom-feeders.

The Mark-II PV has no spare room. I crammed 2 14500 batts, PCB, switch and atty connector in a very small space while trying to make it look neat and tidy.

If there is interest and people like my boxes, there is no reason I could not start making bottom fed boxes in the future though.

Thanks

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Another mod ready to go, #205 - 5 volt, 14500 x2

This one is a beautiful mahogany with a large Koa wood inlay cut from the edge wood. It really gives the mod some flair.

Click on thumbnail image for larger view.

Thanks for looking, Brian

Correction, it has a Melokhia inlay not koa, sorry

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Brian-I hope you bring a few of these to Vapestock in Clearwater!

You bet, it's about an hour drive from me. If there is interest and I keep making these I will definitely bring some up with me.

The Mark-III and maybe even the Mark-IV will be ready by then if all goes well.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
PM sent..... These look Beautiful, Brian...

Thanks a bunch Zero, I put ALOT of effort into making these a flawless as possible.

#203 is SOLD

Adding #208

Mark-II 5v 14500 x2, 510 atty, another Maple/Maple with Black Walnut end caps

I love this combination, its what I'm vaping on right now :D

I was concerned that although the side lids fit nice and tight, that in the long run it would become loose. So after much hesitation I've added a 1/4" magnet to the back lid of all Mark-IIs that will stick to the battery. Didn't wanna do it, but better safe that sorry I suppose.

Thanks for looking!

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
After reviewing a couple E-mails and PMs, I had a chat with two of my part time helpers (sons) and I think we might have started out the Mark-II at too high a price.

I originally was thinking of a hundred dollar mod but the more hours I sunk into this project the higher the price became in my mind!

I will be refunding $25 to the guy who purchased #203 and lowering the price of the Mark-IIs to $110.

I think that sets better with me and I doubt anyone else will complain :D

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
By request, here is a short demo of the Mark-II #206

I apologize for the grainy vid, but one of the my boys ran off with my good video camera.

Although I like getting PM's and E-Mails, please feel free to post on this forum with your questions, other people might have the same question. Also I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to myself :O

Thanks!

P.S., click on the picture to see the video

Last edited:
Hi, I'm kinda new to the forums! I've been getting my stuff together and shopping around for a good mod, scanning pictures and whatnot. I noticed your mod seemed kinda different on the inside, so I've been meaning to ask what's with the ribbon inside those second pictures you posted and the felt in the first pictures. Does that do something for the guts?

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hiya friggos

I suppose it is different on the inside. I really wanted these to look nearly as fine on the inside as they did on the outside.

The ribbon your looking at is attached to the small piece of wood that covers the electronics compartment on the Mark-II. The ribbon ensures it wont fall out even tho it is a snug fit already, and also you can grab the ribbon to remove the cover and not have to try to pry it out and scratch up the wood.

The felt lining in the Mark-I pictures was not necessary I suppose, but I was thinking like a jewelry box, the inside is equally as nice as the outside. As indicated in the picture one side is not attached so its possible to pull up the lining if there ever is a reason without tearing the felt.

Later

P.S., I would recommend you take a look at the 3.7v mods, perhaps a bottom feeder initially. The 5v mod is kinda a niche market for people who have found their 'Sweet spot' and have been vaping for a while.

Thanks again, Brian

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thank you kindly, I hope your right.

I probably invest about 3-4 hours of actual hands-on for each mod and each one has a little story to tell, sliced fingers, sanding out a boo-boo, ground knuckles, chipped blades ... oh yeah, like selling your children but daddy needs hardware for the next batch!

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
#202 is finally ready to go. I tried to get some better images than the others, especially the insides. You can even see the dust it picked up today from my sanding earlier. Hope you can get a better idea of the fine details now.

Black Walnut all around, 5v, 3A Chrome/Black button, 510 atty, 14500 x 2

As with the others, the button need to be depressed almost fully to fire and with it set into the side it is very hard to accidentally fire the unit. The Horn button is a great switch but I wanted to try something different, especially more flush mounting.

This is the last PV I will be posting for now, the next batch is on temporary hold.

As always, thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread