Not open for further replies.

Lazerrred

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Flo SC, USA
<snip>
The simplest solution would be to countersink the atty in a 1/2 in well, probably .1" or so deep. Other than that I would have to glue on one of those finishing washers or PVC pipe, perhaps paper towels and duct-tape.

Arggggg! You just earned yourself 50% off your first mod if you ever decide to get one mate

Prepare to set sail, there be a foul wind a blowin ....
Lol @ paper towels & duct tape.. Will PM tomorrow.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
If you want Pirate stuff, my son worked on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I'll see if he still has some of his graphics.

If its original stuff and he doesn't mind, I could take a look and see if I could slap a few on the website. Thank ye kindly mate!

P.S., your avatar is freeking me out 8-o

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Were is every one??
G'day Matey, I'm checking forums ever hour or three, but busy working da wood.

As for 'everyone', I don't think there is much o' anyone checking this forum overmuch, but give it time I guess.

Making one a combination of Bubinga box and rosewood end caps/inlay, wow is that gonna be purty. (Already spoken for though, Arrrr!)

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
G'day Matey, I'm checking forums ever hour or three, but busy working da wood.

As for 'everyone', I don't think there is much o' anyone checking this forum overmuch, but give it time I guess.

Making one a combination of Bubinga box and rosewood end caps/inlay, wow is that gonna be purty. (Already spoken for though, Arrrr!)

Don't get discouraged...it takes some time...
Once you have some "out there"....things get better.
I've added you to list of Bottom Feed Box Mods Thread, so you will get some fair play.
The craftsmanship will bring them in...
ECF is a little crazy over a couple of other models...your time is coming!
I've owned them all...your work is right up there with the best of them!

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy! Still available are;

Mark-I 'Bandit' / 3.7v, 510 atty, 14500 battery x1 $85

#102 Red Oak / Olive end caps

Mark-II 'Miss Misty' aka 'Wench' / 5v, 510 atty, 14500 battery x2 $110

#201 Cherry / Mahogany end caps

#206 Black Walnut / Maple end caps

I'm surprised someone didn't grab #206 fast, I think it's a really a pretty one, but just my taste.

Finishing up inlays on test run o' eight 'Scallywags'. Will start coarse sanding them tomorrow.

AG, the ebony is'nt here yet, I put yours aside so I can pick up working on it when it arrives.

Will post a few pics tomorrow of current run, I tried some more interesting patterns with inlays. Got a bit carried away with one, cut the outline and spent two hours with a wood chisel. Arrrr, I will never populate the world with these at this rate, but it's kinda fun.

Sorry I haven't been chatty, but been down in the hold, workin wood all day.

Later!

The most feared pirate sailin the seven seas! Don't believe me? Well, you can ask me mum!

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy mates. Good mornin to ye!

I'm making a test production run of Bottom feeders to work the kinks out of the system, discover what processes need to be 'tweaked' and whatnot, but at the same time I also have four specific mods that are making they're way thru the system.

1. Aziffel - All Bolivian Rose wood, (very Hard hardwood, difficult to work)
2. Drottwiler - All Black Walnut (Lovely wood, a pleasure to work it)
3. AG - Black Cherry box, Ebony end caps, Ebony Inlay of some type (on hold, waiting on wood shipment for ebony)
4. Lazarrred - My choice

I'm pretty sure those are the requests I've had so far.

Also making 4 others, my choice of wood. I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow after the initial sanding phase.

Brian

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
AG, you're ebony came in so still on schedule for weekend or early next week. I'm 1 or 2 days from finishing, and finishing takes 3-4 days.

Hmm, I need to take time and post the rest of my end cap and inlay woods I have... not enough hours in the day, arrrrr.

Very nice...look forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread