RED TAIL - Should we go 100% VG?

Discussion in 'Aroma Ejuice' started by MsChris, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsChris

MsChris Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Ok Red Tail fans. Jerry was thinking of going 100% VG on the Red Tail line. Could I get a conversation going with feedback here. Right now we are doing 80/20 VG/PG. Let yourself be heard!
    :unsure:

2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I would say no but I don't have any allergies to either.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran
    1. The Emerald City

The liquids I've had from the Red Tail lineup so far have been pretty darn good as is.

I'd say yes if the flavors remain the same.
    No if the flavors end up diminished.

4. radiokaos

radiokaos Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

If we can maintain the flavor and viscosity would you maybe say yes?

5. radiokaos

Maybe we should do some beta testing before we make a change?

6. snork

snork Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I like my PG so I don't have a horse in this race, but when I read around it seems the perception is that VG is more natural/healthy (whether that's true is beside the point) and people who like/need VG generally prefer it 100%.
    So yes, logically.

7. chapeltown

chapeltown Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Perhaps you could just offer a second option?

I recently switched to 100vg eliquids, and so having some more choices out there would be for awesome, especially if it doesn't cause you to lose customers, only gain more! :vapor:

8. olderthandirt

1. The Emerald City

Well yes, t'would be a prerequisite (-;

Snickerdoodle, Bright Leaf, Dark Honey, Tobacco Road. No change in taste or viscosity and 100% VG. That would be well received!

9. Cnew

Cnew Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I prefer 50/50 or more PG simply because the higher the VG, the more the juice gunks up my coils. However, I have no PG allergies. Perhaps you could make a few ratio options if it's not too difficult on production?

10. Cnew

Count me in!!

11. hittman

Supporting member
    If the flavor and viscosity could be the same or maybe even a little thinner then I'd say yes.

12. jensy

jensy Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    OMG don't change Snickerdoodle , I love it just the way it is . As of today's order that will give me 18 bottles of the fabulous Snickerdoodle juice . Can you tell I love it ? bwahahahahaha

However who is to say if you changed it to 100 VG it wouldn't be just as good or better .

13. Robinowitz

Robinowitz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yeah, what he said! Plus Black Darjim :)

In all seriousness, I must say that I've had a bit of an epiphany with the Mint, Mango, Berry (Red Tail). I ordered it a while back (because of the mint), tried it in a cartomizer tank and thought it was "nice, ok." Figured that it was a tad light on the taste (for me) and kind of forgot about it. I resumed my love affair with P-38 and Black Darjim both the WTA. I chocked it up to the fact that it was high VG and that someone with my lack of taste buds could never enjoy high VG liquids. A couple days ago, I saw a mention of the MMB by someone here on the Aroma thread and gave it another try. This time I dripped it and WOW!! Don't know if it was in need of steeping or if it was the delivery system or both. I am impressed (and surprised). Aroma has again blown one of my stereotypes. Thanks!
    With that said, I am open to trying higher VG e-liquids from you guys. I don't mind that wicks may get more funky as I switch my cotton wicks frequently.

14. endGame

endGame Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    When I'm in the mood for the richest vape I drip some Brightleaf. I'd love a 100% VG to push it over the top! +1 beta ;)

15. radiokaos

I'm curious about the flavors that come out or get muted with different attie types. I dont have a solid answer that can explain your situation.

What I can say is that mint mango was our top 5 liquids for long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. olderthandirt

1. The Emerald City

FWIW, I'm for the present only using cartotanks and RDA's for flavored liquids, have the same outcome as Robinowitz.
    Crazy good in a dripper with most muted in comparison when in a cartotank.
    Hitt is using Aspire devices and getting good flavor as I recall, though how many of the Red Tail line he's using I forget.

17. hittman

Supporting member
    I've actually been using the berry best p'cakes in a crystal vision clearo. I have on hand tobacco road, DHT, lemonade stand, snickerdoodle, and bright leaf in the redtail line right now. The aspire mini vivi so far have worked really well with thick liquids. Also in te aroma line the past week or so I've been using GI Joe and Beatle Juice in an aspire and get what I consider to be good flavor from them.

18. Robinowitz

Robinowitz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mint Mango going to be on my next order....with WTA of course. Yes, generally the least to most flavor for me has been: BCC (ProTanks, re-wicking), carto tank (or RBA type tank) a big step up, then the best with dripping (IGO L or Reomizer on Reo). I know lots of folks that love BCC's but I just can't get enough flavor to satisfy my big flavor desire. I also tend to like a warmer vape as well. I say, whatever we like, is the BEST delivery system :).

19. Charlie C

Charlie C Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

80/20 is a good balance.
    Besides, one can add a bit of VG and or Nic if need be......

20. Cnew

Hi Charlie!!!!
    Great to see you here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.