• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Redneck Riveara Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Starting Saturday I won't be a panhandle dweller anymore. We're moving down toward Tampa - this weekend.
anyone else ever pack a 2100 sq foot house - just one human? I have discovered that it takes more than 2 hands to stretch wrap a couch. I'm soooo not ready and we get to load the truck tomorrow. *flop sweat* At least most of it's in boxes already.

Hello anybody out there? Just joined the forum a few days ago and have been chasing post around the site. Found this thread and was shocked to know there are other Vapors in the Pan Handle. I live in Niceville am a new Vapor 4 months and days. I love being an ex smoker! From the look of things on the thread there hasn't been any activity since June sometime. Does the P.V.C. still exhist or has everyone drifted apart? I'll check back frequently to see if anyone post anything new. Keep on Vaping on :)

Glad to know that I'm not the only Vaper in North West Florida, I,ve been doing my part in trying to multiply and populate the area but not getting too many bites from the local smokers. I carry condoms with me in my purse to work so I can try to lure the girls in the smoking area to at least try Vaping. Even bought a few cheap starter kits incase I run into a live one who is interested in switching. Well I'll keep trying as they say "if at first you don't succeed try try again" I'll be looking for vape signals every where I go from now on. Hope to spot a rare Vapor bird sometime soon.;)

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
Good deal Nana Gail, yeah in some cases it is hard to convert ppl over from the dark side.

Not slamming your local store too much. But the vape shop that is local there really isn't a great representation of a vape shop. Just on a whim I stopped in to see if they had any Sony batteries (a few shops that they are affiliated with do have them from time to time.) The clerk just looked at me pulled out a tray of 18 series batteries all mixed together. Looked at me and asked "Oh are those the green ones?". That doesn't instill a very good feeling of confidence for new user looking to switch over. Now I know that non of the new ppl are looking for Sony batteries but if they do not know the most popular brand battery used in mechanical mods. How much do you think they know about the working of the actual devices even on a starter level.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I see several people vaping & driving in Ft. Walton and on my way to Destin. Not every day, but more and more often. And I do see more folks vaping in bars - particularly in smoking bars. A couple of fishing boat captains and mates can be spotted vaping down at AJ's as well some of the tourists.

[snip]

Last edited:
Hi, and good afternoon (well almost) on the Emerald Coast, I have been to 2 different Vape shops here one on Hwy 98 in Sandestin close to the outlet mall. That place was just slightly bigger than a walk in closet ( the Vape bar was stand up infront and limited 3 flavor samples only per visit ). NOTTTT impressed. The second is the Vape shop here in Niceville that is very friendly but clerk was without a clue about general Vape information or Tech questions. The juices were in general not impressive ( home brew I think) Prices were OK considering they must not have much business (location is very unbusiness friendly) Easily missed if your not specifically looking for it. I would love to start a Vapery that is customer friendly and offers areas to congregate and a comfortable vape bar (with stools). I's stock it with all the different Vape Flavors from established Brewmasters and just be a local hang out for Vapu-cation and layed back information and a place to try flavors till the cows come home. But that takes money and I'm just a working stiff. I keep trying to win the FL. Lottery but not too lucky so far :laugh: Well here's wishing all the Laborers in the area a WONDERFUL LABOR DAY. :vapor:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
So Ms Bimini and I were making a few stops on the way back yesterday when we stopped in
on Eglin Pkwy. Friendly little eatery with a full bar, but what surprised me was one of the stickers on the wall. Made me proud to vape my Gus Lord and OliveR Dibi out in the open.

OysterBar.jpg

Crappy phone cam pic, but hopefully you can still read the zoomed in sticker.

My taste buds are already planning the route from my house. I went to the linked site and wow the food looks yummy.:drool: and I can't wait to have a cup of coffee after my meal and Vape at the Table ( I'm not sure I know how not to be paranoid that they will ask me to leave:rules:) I will definately go and check it out! Thanks for the heads up.:)

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Hope you enjoy it. It's a very informal atmosphere - T-shirts and flip-flops seemed the norm. I almost felt like I was at one of the old Okaloosa Island oyster bars from the '70's, though without any live music or guitar playing proprietor. We ate there a couple of times when they had their Saturday crawfish boils earlier this year, but we haven't sampled the rest of the menu. Always smells like seafood's-a-cookin', though.

On another note, we were at KCs SandBar & Grille | FWB - The Only Beach in the City Sand Bar on 98 in Ft. Walton this afternoon - just across from the Magnolia Grill (also vape-friendly with the best steaks in town!). Basically in the old Fountain Square area as I recall. Simple little outdoor bar with sand and tables. 3 out of 5 customers were vaping! OK, only 10 people were there, but still, that was 6 out of 10! No clue what their food is like, but the outdoor bar has a friendly staff and the regulars seem friendly, too.

ETA: Guess I should have taken pictures, since their Web site seems dismally lacking.

Last edited:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Thanks for the heads up, Dusther. I may stop in there today (if they're open Sundays). That is on my way to my friend's house and he vapes exclusively on Egos and with a clearo of some sort he bought there. He's asked me to try to rebuild a coil, but he has only one tank & I need at least a base so I can set him up.

And we're going fishin' today! :rickroll: He rebuilt his engine last month, so we're just going to do some inshore trolling to put some break-in hours on the engine. Not sure when we're going offshore again, but I'm sure it won't be long. He can't stand having no fish in his freezer :)

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Well, we caught some fish, but nothing worth writing home about. We were simply trolling around in the bay. When we go offshore, there's usually lots of fish to share.

A small Grouper (released).
A Redfish larger than legal (released)
Some Spanish Mackerel
Some Bluefish
A Mangrove Snapper :ohmy:

Yep. Caught that snapper trolling. He ate a lure that was almost as big as he was. And I reeled him in on 25lb test with a steel leader! Yea, I'm tough :)

Wait. Did I just write home about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread