Status
Not open for further replies.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
I bought the original chrome v1 and two minis after. But did you know these beauties are stainless steel? did you know they polish up star bright? I put a shine on all three of them. I messed up the chip in the V1 and had to buy a whole new chip ($65) when going from V1 to
V2. you can powder coat any color in the rainbow, rubberize, heat treat, sand blast.... whatever, shiny new lookin' is always better. polish those scratches out and bling that bad boy. A provari is a lifetime of high quality kit.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I bought the original chrome v1 and two minis after. But did you know these beauties are stainless steel? did you know they polish up star bright? I put a shine on all three of them. I messed up the chip in the V1 and had to buy a whole new chip ($65) when going from V1 to
V2. you can powder coat any color in the rainbow, rubberize, heat treat, sand blast.... whatever, shiny new lookin' is always better. polish those scratches out and bling that bad boy. A provari is a lifetime of high quality kit.

How careful does one need to be of the threads for the bottom cap when sandblasting etc ? I'm looking to refinish my black mini soon I think. I'm not sure I trust a shop to do the blasting and coating etc though.

I was thinking id maybe polish it myself but I'm curious about two things. How easy does the existing coating come off ? And how easy is it to get the coating out of the tear drops ?

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
Refinished mine last week. Thanks for tips chadsmo!

I used the long/thin screwdriverand hammer to pop the cap off. Then removed the window screws and window. Lastly 220, 320, 400, 600, and 1500 sandpaper.

Before

8E01DEF7-97C3-4589-81CB-EB363BE8854E_zpszk7w4uie.jpg

After

A97E25C1-FB03-4EF4-B601-D3DED180EA79_zpsoiuerxne.jpg

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I like shiny ProVari's. I just ordered a satin mini, due to arrive today, but really wanted another polished. And of course they are sold out. I keep looking at my polished wondering if there would be a way to add some brass accents. I would really dig the polished with brass.

The one on the left has brass accents--Cingulum Compleo by Trevvapor.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Refinished mine last week. Thanks for tips chadsmo!

I used the long/thin screwdriverand hammer to pop the cap off. Then removed the window screws and window. Lastly 220, 320, 400, 600, and 1500 sandpaper.

After

A97E25C1-FB03-4EF4-B601-D3DED180EA79_zpsoiuerxne.jpg

Looks FANTASTIC..... and with the blue left in the grooves!! Great JOB.

I like the teardrops so I leaned towards the 2.5 mini when purchasing but after seeing yours, I may be tempted if I see a good deal in the classifieds on an older blue versions.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The blue looks good! What I's really like to see is the "polished" stainless actually plated with a PVD titanium finish. Still would have the raw metallic look, maybe a bit "warmer" looking than the stock stainless, but it adds quite a bit of scratch/nick resistance to the finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread