Reflections...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
That's what it's all about...congrat's man! My Nic level went down from 18mg to 3mg and very content at this time. Though my goal is 0mg nic, I do enjoy vaping as I fine it relaxing. Thanks to everyone in this Forum, especially the ModMaster himself, Robert. Desire for cigarettes is gone for good.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Oops! I thought I posted a congratulations when I read this...
So, a big congratulations to you, the mod father and all who have helped so many of us!! We are really, really lucky.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Beautiful set-ups!

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Congrats. Music! I just had my 2nd vapeverary earlier this month. I send you a very hearty pat on the back for going 5 years, and if you give up vaping altogether, at least you've got a good start being at zero nic for awhile. I can only imagine how much Rob has helped so many become and stay smoke free. I'm certainly one of those. Wish you the best!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone for the kind words here. I had a thought the other day about something that @Spydro said, in that I think it is more of the mechanics than having an actual addiction at this point. I will say that lately it seems I am not grabbing one of my grands everytime I get up and leave the room and I don't need it in my hand whenever I'm doing something. There are times when it is just comforting to have one in my hand!!! I think its definitely mental at this point...

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
A psychologist friend of mine described it as 'memetic rehearsal' - the mind being "tricked" into a mental state through mimicry of an act that produced that state. Apparently, it's a thing.

We are reproducing the enjoyment of smoking through more than just the chemistry (I think most would agree). You found your way to not needing the chems. Now you're finding your way to not needing the memetic triggers (my doc friend would say). Very cool.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
:thumbs: Muzic...

I don't think I was ever addicted to nic for the 50 something years like most folks end up being. Other than when out socializing, I rarely smoked over a pack a day when some folks had 4 pack a day habits even if they were couch potatoes. The cigs were strong/filterless back then, but that made no difference to me (my first cigs where rolled up strips of canvas or straps off surplus military gear). What did I know... I started experimenting when I was 11/12, and I was smoking real cigs full time by the time I was 13 (they went well with the barley pops an uncle also bought for me). Even so we all share some common ground as smokers... association. The things in our lives that trigger the urge to light up a cig, cigar, pipe or __ (you fill in the blank). To me that's the mechanics of it all, what I liked the most about smoking those years. The last 3ish years vaping has been far more enjoyed than the last 10 I smoked cigs/pipes. At this late stage of my life I will not give up anything that I enjoy no matter the price I have to pay for it (in cash or health). So I will be vaping Reos until I'm sleeping with the wild flowers.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
A psychologist friend of mine described it as 'memetic rehearsal' - the mind being "tricked" into a mental state through mimicry of an act that produced that state. Apparently, it's a thing.

We are reproducing the enjoyment of smoking through more than just the chemistry (I think most would agree). You found your way to not needing the chems. Now you're finding your way to not needing the memetic triggers (my doc friend would say). Very cool.

As usual Papa, spot on. You also phrased it way better than I could have done.
@muzichead it appears you are further down the road than most of us, I congratulate you. As papa said Very cool.

I hope to follow in your footsteps...........

plumeguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
These Here United States
I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone for the kind words here. I had a thought the other day about something that @Spydro said, in that I think it is more of the mechanics than having an actual addiction at this point. I will say that lately it seems I am not grabbing one of my grands everytime I get up and leave the room and I don't need it in my hand whenever I'm doing something. There are times when it is just comforting to have one in my hand!!! I think its definitely mental at this point...

Congratulations on getting to 0mg nic. What's your "recipe" for your ADV menthol juice?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Congratulations on getting to 0mg nic. What's your "recipe" for your ADV menthol juice?
No real recipe per se... I buy Dekang Menthol 0mg in 50ml bottles direct from China and mix both with 50ml of straight VG to get a 50/50 blend. It has been my ADV for almost 5yrs now.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Mike, Vulcan awesome story and equally awesome milestone. Congrats man! I'll not forget how we first came across eachother lol, but man I was happy when you finally dipped in up in here. Here's to hoping you continue to enjoy a vape and not quit altogether. It's nice to have a cool hobby to keep us engaged as we get older. Then again there's always your music and always a women in need of a Stretchin' so it's all good right?
Thanks for the props man but it was the REOs, Rob and the REOnauts that aided and abetted me in becoming the freak I am.
Rock on brother.
:headbang:

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
Congratulations.jpg

Reactions: muzichead
Status