Status
Not open for further replies.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I never used 801s a lot because I was experimenting with so many things at that point. Have been thinking of selling them in the classies. But, who would buy something that outdated?!

I think you should put them in the classifieds. you never know. although I don't use 801s almost everything I use is outdated - and I don't care :)

Reactions: Katdarling

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I think you should put them in the classifieds. you never know. although I don't use 801s almost everything I use is outdated - and I don't care :)

I have a strong tendency to the outdated myself. But, the 801s were actually already outdated before I started vaping. But, I was curious. And, I was in love with them for about 3 weeks back in late 2011. Then I moved on.

You're right. I should put them in the Classies. It couldn't hurt to try. Maybe someone else like me likes antiques.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Anything 2.4 or below is not playing nice with the mechanical mod right now, trying to shoot some power through that thing lol. Thanks for the tip!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but higher resistance at any given voltage will give you a cooler, weaker vape.

(Battery voltage squared) / resistance = power

Reactions: Sirius

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but higher resistance at any given voltage will give you a cooler, weaker vape.

(Battery voltage squared) / resistance = power

No, you will just be using less amps equaling more battery life. Vape will be the same if you can get the watts at the same level.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
No, you will just be using less amps equaling more battery life. Vape will be the same if you can get the watts at the same level.

Fully charged battery is about 4 volts. Power is expressed in watts. You can only get watts to the same level by increasing voltage or lowering resistance.

4 x 4 = 16
16 / 3.0 ohms = 5.33 watts
4 x 4 = 16
16 / 1.5 ohms = 10.67 watts
4 x 4 = 16
16 / 1.0 ohm = 16 watts

Last edited:

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Didn't realize he was expressly talking about a mechanical mod. I was referring to power in general. The resistance does not go into play with how hard something vapes, just the wattage.

The original question was about a mech. But the power (wattage) is determined with the formula above; you can't figure it without knowing the voltage AND the resistance

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I spent some time browsing through all the 510 stainless-steel driptips on Fasttech one day.
I was looking for exactly what you want, and wound up ordering three different ones.

I have not received them yet, but if you are interested in stainless-steel...
I will gladly come back here when I get them and let you know how it worked out.

Hells to the yeah! Just drop a bundle on some calculated guesses on Ebay, a cheaper option like that to order on the reg would be MOST EXCELLENT!
Well, I finally got them, and I absolutely LOVE this one...
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1849901

It's exactly what I was looking for, and I just went back and bought 10 more of them.

Here is what it looks like on my 650mah Ego Twist w/standard Joyetech 510 atomizer...
As you can see it's about the same size as George Washington's head...
:)

007a4eea-f2cc-468c-b7a7-c8bd31e17784_zpsfzaaepjk.jpg

The hole is MASSIVE and you couldn't miss if you tried...

2be66c7c-badf-4932-8481-90435852d438_zpsbhmmtzei.jpg

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
They've been out of the 2.2 ohm for about a year, maybe two. Unless they just happen to always be out when I check.

Right now, they're out of all 4 resistances.

Otherwise, that would be great!

BTW, any time that anyone notices a 50 off special on Vapage Hybrid atomizer, please post here!!!!! I bought a 2 pack to try last time I caught their 50 off sale, and I love them.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thanks! On my wishlist.
WARNING!!

After using them for awhile...
I noticed that now and then a drop of juice will get stuck at the top of where the hole is.
Anyone who is familiar with that knows that it sucks.

It is not hard to avoid getting a drop stuck though...
You can just tilt it a bit and drip on the side.

The thing is so huge that you still can't miss.

But if you are dripping under duress, and you don't want to tilt it a bit...
You might get a drop stuck, and then of course you have to blow it like a Coke bottle.

It is working great for me, but take heed!
:)

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
Does anyone else feel the compulsion to hoard these ?

I sure do...

OMG!!! Talk about hoarding, I must have thousands of em. :toast:

And I'm really tempted to get more right this minute......whoa hold back, I just bought other stuff. Oh, man, that sale looks good. Let's see....how much longer will I live??? How many will I need? Wow, that sale is fantastic. I've paid a lot more in the past. Maybe if I just leave it in my cart for now. Oh, gee, what a bargain. Ahhhh!!!!!! :unsure: :confused:
Thanks for the link, capthook.

And, of course, I am terribly confused with these new vv/vw mods and a 2.4ohm old school atomizer,
y cherry y :thumb: is great with numbers, bet he/she could answer that without scolding me for not understanding the math.

desertlover :vapor:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I'm not YCY, but I can do the math.

The nominal voltage of a battery in a mech mod is 3.7 volts. It starts at 4.2 (BRIEFLY) and drops quickly to 3.7ish for quite awhile before it dies pretty quick to 3.2 and then you KNOW it need to be changed.
Using an Ohms law calculator (YCY can do this in his head), the popular 1.5 ohm @ 4.2 volts start at almost 12 watts (where I like em) but quickly drop at 3.7v to 9 watts (still usable) but then fall to under 7 watts.

The main difference between a 1.5 ohm and a 2.4 ohm atty is the size of the wire. A 2.4 ohm will use a thinner wire which is more resistant (higher resistance) but gives a much faster heat up/cool down cycle and has more surface area. Thats a plus for not cooking your juice and for more vapor and flavor. But unregulated, a 2.4 ohm in a mech mod STARTS at only 7 watts, drops quick to 5.7 watts, then withers eventually to 4.3 watts. Not anywhere close to a vapeable range from top to bottom.

But a VV/VW device lets you set the watts to an optimum 10-15 (depending on your taste), and KEEP it there for the life of the battery PLUS you get the quick heat/cool cycle of a high resistance atomizer with thin wire.

You can play with the numbers HERE and see what I mean. well, the links not working.
GO here: Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

If you really want to glean the benefit of using high ohms on a high powered VV/VW device, you might want to check out what I consider an epic thread by a guy who really knows his stuff on the benefits of today's new high voltage/wattage mods, and you have some patience for learning something about watts/volts/resistance/heat flux and surface area I recommend this thread, it take awhile to digest it all but the guy is brilliant, and you'll really understand the advantages of the new high VV/VW devices here.

I built a parallel 30ga coil based on his theories in a single coil RDA (Prometey) and I have to admit, it even beats my beloved 1.5 ohm HH 357 in vapor and flavor. And not by a little, by a lot.

Last edited:

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Yeah, what Louis said. Variable wattage devices eliminate the need to worry about the resistance of the atty. Once you know the wattage that gives you the vape you like, it will adjust the voltage to give you that same vape with different atomizers.

My daily on-the-go vape is a bottom-feeding VMod, with a Vapage 1.5ohm 510 atomizer. The VMod is a mech; it has no electronics. So, with a fresh battery, it starts out hot and harsh, gets perfect and delicious for a while, then gets weak and wispy. I use it because it's small, light, pocketable, never leaks or spills, and because the vape using the Vapage BF atty is exactly to my taste for draw. But I'd much prefer it had variable voltage or wattage, so I could set it at nine watts and have a perfect vape from full battery to empty.

(I see there's a DNA40 Vapor Flask with bottom feeding ability now. I'd appreciate if someone would grab one for me when you get a chance -- and hire a full-time assistant to carry it at all times, since I doubt it'll fit in my pocket.)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Tonight I am vaping on a Spinner with a CS 510 atty. It still satisfies me even with all the other gear sitting around. Just wanted to say that.

Oh, and this atty is almost a year old! Take that, Mr. Kanthal Spool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread