Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Sorry to derail your thread Mann
This is education for drippers, or wanna-be drippers.
No derailment as far as I can see.
:)

But just a simple reply to the previous post, the trick is to NOT get burned on or dried on gunk on your coil, which is accomplished by always keeping it wet and dripping right when the flavor starts to diminish. If carbon builds up, drying burning needs to be done since cleaning with alcohol won't work.
Very well said.
:thumbs:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
This is education for drippers, or wanna-be drippers.
No derailment as far as I can see.
:)

Very well said.
:thumbs:

Lol, true. I see your point about cleaning though, I've had atties work a long time without doing the cleaning. Started cleaning when I got a HH because for nearly $25 I wasn't gonna risk screwing up the dry burn and just made it a habit since. Few hours in alcohol after using the same atty for 3 days, blow out and fill with plain VG, and put it at the end of the rotation

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Thanks to mr Mann I will soon be a dripper. ::vape::

Welcome to flavor country!

Some people take to it right away, but many (like me) needed a lot of practice to get the hang of it. Even if the learning curve seems steep, it's worth it! After a while I would vape for hours and not even notice I was dripping often, becomes second nature.

boog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
us
Alcohol soak for me. It's one or the other if you vape dark juices, clean often or dry burn often. I've had atties last months with no need to dry burn when cleaned every few days, and the performance stays good as new before burning. Before I started cleaning regularly I had an atty last a year just blowing it out and dry burning. I think most long term drippers has experienced an atty that just won't die.

yeah, I don't vape tobaccos or dark juices..

I've had one cisco last ~a year.. for me, they last any where from 4 to 8 months. they don't really pop, they just stop putting out good vapor.

I've tried a few other "brands" or sources of attys, and some of them would barely last a month.

my cleaning method:

1. go to the sink and cup my hand under the faucet, grab a handful of water.
2. use my atty (with drip tip attached) as a straw, and suck up the water out of my hand.
3. spit water out in sink.
4. repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as possible until the water gets too hot to handle
5. suck as much air as possible through atty to dry, sling out whatever I can.
6. re-prime atty by dripping a bunch of juice in it, let it soak in, then blow all that juice out in a napkin.
7. drip and vape

whole procedure only takes a few minutes...
I only clean when it starts tasting off, usually about every week or so.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
1. go to the sink and cup my hand under the faucet, grab a handful of water.
2. use my atty (with drip tip attached) as a straw, and suck up the water out of my hand.
3. spit water out in sink.

Ok that's one I haven't heard before lol.

Those Cisco specs have great coils. Always many wraps lined up perfectly, and spot on with the ohm.

boog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
us
Ok that's one I haven't heard before lol.

Those Cisco specs have great coils. Always many wraps lined up perfectly, and spot on with the ohm.

I like the way their coils are made, I think that's what really sets them apart from other attys. others will have a few wraps all spaced out.. ciscos are always wrapped like 10-14 tiimes really close together- looks like a spring on an old screen door.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I like the way their coils are made, I think that's what really sets them apart from other attys. others will have a few wraps all spaced out.. ciscos are always wrapped like 10-14 tiimes really close together- looks like a spring on an old screen door.

Yep! EmpireMods does the same thing too. I just opened the 510 to see if it's the same as their Premium 901 and it is. Hard to count, but at least a dozen perfectly lined-up wraps in there.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

I am looking at the Aero and an EM 510 and the Aero has a slightly bigger cup and the coils are ever so closer (but the EM coils are great), but they perform the same IMO. Now the Aeros are not exactly "Cisco-Specs" so, this is not about those.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I never had much success with alcohol or soaking. (I'm sure it works for other people though)

the ones I cleaned with alcohol seemed to die quicker. I could have been doing it wrong, idk

The best thing for me has been Want2Vape atty refresher. Works for Dr. Vapenstein and works for me--though, I didn't think it would.

boog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
us
Yep! EmpireMods does the same thing too. I just opened the 510 to see if it's the same as their Premium 901 and it is. Hard to count, but at least a dozen perfectly lined-up wraps in there.

cool deal, I'll have to try some of their 306s out.

not to sound trendy, but I wish cisco (or somebody else) would start offering 306s in lower resistance than 1.5... 1.2 or 1.3 would be killer imo.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I love dripping! I bought thousands of dollars worth of rebuildables, and they just didn't do it for me. I also hated building coils. I never liked cartos either - I don't care what people say, I can feel a weird "coating" in my mouth and throat after I use cartomizers.

My favorite atty's are (in no particular order)

Empire Mods Premium 901 (with a drip shield to tighten up the draw)
HH 357 510's (LB or normal)
Cisco Spec 510
Cisco Spec 306
IKV 510

I get them all at 1.5 ohms, except for the IKV - I like those better at 1.8.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
cool deal, I'll have to try some of their 306s out.

not to sound trendy, but I wish cisco (or somebody else) would start offering 306s in lower resistance than 1.5... 1.2 or 1.3 would be killer imo.

Man, those EM 306s blew my mind! I also got a Mawn SS 306 drip tip that made the whole experience that much better than delrin.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I never had much success with alcohol or soaking. (I'm sure it works for other people though)

the ones I cleaned with alcohol seemed to die quicker. I could have been doing it wrong, idk

I used 91% Isopropyl (I refuse to have the iso argument so no one even try lol). I used the same cleaning steps that Hanna who makes the HH suggests and it worked well for me. Lot's of different courses people take to reach the same destination, a well working atty.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I used 91% Isopropyl (I refuse to have the iso argument so no one even try lol). I used the same cleaning steps that Hanna who makes the HH suggests and it worked well for me. Lot's of different courses people take to reach the same destination, a well working atty.

Yeah, someone told me that w2v's atty refresher was likely Everclear and pg (or something like that), but I find no problem supporting them with a product like that. I only use it once every blue moon as most of my attys last way over a month before I need to do anything other than blow them out. I got two Joyes in rotation right now that are over a month and a half old and putting out fantastically.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I love dripping! I bought thousands of dollars worth of rebuildables, and they just didn't do it for me. I also hated building coils. I never liked cartos either - I don't care what people say, I can feel a weird "coating" in my mouth and throat after I use cartomizers.

My favorite atty's are (in no particular order)

Empire Mods Premium 901 (with a drip shield to tighten up the draw)
HH 357 510's (LB or normal)
Cisco Spec 510
Cisco Spec 306
IKV 510

I get them all at 1.5 ohms, except for the IKV - I like those better at 1.8.

Sweet! Always nice to see some love for a 901. I always got my Iken's at 1.8 ohm too. I used drip shields with all my atties, made life easier and the ones at EM just look so cool. I throw them on a carto when I take an eGo out on-the-go to jazz it up a little.

Last edited:

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Not only do I drip, I only drip with autos. Though I do use CE4's on occasion right now I primarily use an eGo-C with a modified base and adapter, an Echo carto with the filler removed and a J108, which is like a 306 but with a higher bridge and a lighter draw.

Dripping on my Sidesho was the only thing to keep me from craving cigarettes completely, and that was after 6 months of vaping. I will always drip. :)

Though I am eyeing that eRoll for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread