Regulated Squonk mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldIronCheeks

Feb 13, 2017
New York, NY
Hello ECF.

I might as well knock two birds with one stone with this post (5-post needed and an actual dire question):

I am currently in the market looking for a new bottom-feed mod, preferably regulated. I personally do not like the hcigar Inbox 75 or the lost vape mods since they are cheap feeling and are clunky, respectively.

I guess you can say I am looking for a mid-to-high end squonk mod. If anything is within the $200-400 USD range, let me know!

Reactions: VapeFixx

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Turbocad, Catfish both here on ECF...
There's certainly more...folks will chime in...

Hello ECF.

I might as well knock two birds with one stone with this post (5-post needed and an actual dire question):

I am currently in the market looking for a new bottom-feed mod, preferably regulated. I personally do not like the HCigar Inbox 75 or the Lost Vape mods since they are cheap feeling and are clunky, respectively.

I guess you can say I am looking for a mid-to-high end squonk mod. If anything is within the $200-400 USD range, let me know!

D_pen

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2017
Florida
Hello ECF.

I am currently in the market looking for a new bottom-feed mod, preferably regulated. I personally do not like the HCigar Inbox 75 or the Lost Vape mods since they are cheap feeling and are clunky, respectively.

M-vapes DNA75 Walnut wood Squonker
M vapes makes a DNA75 as well as a DNA200
Starting price for DNA75 is €220 - $239.70
Starting price of DNA250 is €240 - $261.49

I will be on the look out for more

Reactions: Caprilli

umbra4235

Dec 21, 2016
Italy
While I love squonking with my VT Inbox, I find myself going back to my Triade w/Kayfun V4 (or V5) for all-day vaping. No matter what atty I use for squonking (Hadaly - Goon - WASP), nothing seems to beat the flavor of my Kayfun's. So the clouds aren't as big… :rolleyes:

Try squonking with Origen little 16 for MTL single coil 28awg (second smallest airflow), it's really intense and smooth flavor. IMO beats the Hadaly and Kayfun. Maybe it's the perfect chamber size/airflow. Daily tho I just end up using my Kayfun v3 tank or Aspire Nautilus 2 on smallest possible regulated batteries. Flavor perfection and connivance over clouds/dehydration. :p

Looking for a regulated squonk mod myself. A simple and good quality one. The Eleaf pico squeeze is an alternative. It just dossn't look that high end. Also don't like the way the battery "sticks up" on those. Then there are the super expensive DNA ones....

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Try squonking with Origen little 16 for MTL single coil 28awg (second smallest airflow), it's really intense and smooth flavor. IMO beats the Hadaly and Kayfun. Maybe it's the perfect chamber size/airflow. Daily tho I just end up using my Kayfun v3 tank or Aspire Nautilus 2 on smallest possible regulated batteries. Flavor perfection and connivance over clouds/dehydration. :p

Looking for a regulated squonk mod myself. A simple and good quality one. The Eleaf pico squeeze is an alternative. It just dossn't look that high end. Also don't like the way the battery "sticks up" on those. Then there are the super expensive DNA ones....
Thanks! I cleaned the coils in my Hadaly and went with a 28AWG wire last night… Superrrb!

The VT Inbox is a nice regulated squonker. Can't beat the $70.00 price tag. I have a couple of Dripbox mods stashed away. I guess they are considered "semi-regulated"?

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I bought a Wraith recently for $32 shipped - it works well (except for the TC, which doesn't seem to work at all on TC). I've had Reos for years, but I much prefer regulated squonking!
The TC control is finicky. By example, my VT Inbox (DNA75) TC control will quit working when the wicking gets too low on juice. I'll assume that it is heating to quickly, thus the TC control become in operable? If I chain-vape with a saturated wick, it will default to 'Temperature Protected', as it should. On the other hand, the TC quit working two days ago on my (less than 3 months old) LV Triade DNA250 mod. Could be the SS317L coil in it, I don't know? To be honest, I'm really not too concerned about it. If there is an issue with the DNA board, I'll fix the connections myself.

Most of todays electronics failure issues are primarily related to the use of lead-free solder. If the 510 uses a wire to connect to the DNA board, I'm going to remove the OEM solder, and then re-solder with Kester 63/37 solder. Sending it off to the OEM for repairs will result in the same antiquated construction.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmandaD

VapeFixx

Aug 24, 2017
Hello ECF.

Kangertech dripbox 160 man.. I replaced the stock rda with a tsunami 24. Cloud chucking for days and it's a very inexpensive kit

Reactions: listopencil

VapeFixx

Aug 24, 2017

I want to get the eleaf squonker. It's not high end but eleaf hasn't let me down yet so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread