Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
image.jpeg

5 year old P1, 3 year old P2.5, 1 year old P3 Ti, 6 month old Radius. Never a single glitch from any of them.

Nuff said

Kr0nik0

Feb 5, 2016
The Provari is definitely a great mod for the style of vaping you're after, OP.
With that said, there are a lot of great new-ish regulated mods out right now I can recommend.

RX200 - Has been my primary device over the last month. I vape mostly in the 75w-90w range (both tanks & RDA's) and the addition of the 3rd battery cell has made it so I can vape a full 12 hour cycle without having to change/charge batteries (So, yea, it could possibly last you a week on one charge at 20w depending on the resistance of the coil(s)). The build quality of the mod is decent, not great. Battery door fits very well and has strong magnets. The chip is fairly accurate and more importantly, firmware upgradeable.

Sigelei 150 TC - My former primary device. I know you said that TC wasn't something you were interested in but the Sigelei 150 TC is still my favorite mod due to build quality, rubberized finish, and a very sleek design. The OG Sig 150 without TC is just as good, if not better when it comes to build quality, but it's extremely boxy and nowadays about the same price if not more than the TC version. The chip on both models are good. Accurate but run a bit hot in TC mode.

iStick100 - I saw someone mention it in this thread so I have to bring it up. I've sold 6 at my shop since they were released and bought 2 for myself (1 black/1 Silver). Extremely cheap, including the build quality. The chip is accurate enough, when it works. Out of the 6 I've sold, 4 of them have had issues from stuck buttons to dead screens and not recognizing atomizers. Out of the 2 I own, only the silver is still working as it should and the black one no longer reads attys with only 3 months of occasional use. Stay away IMO.

Evic-VTC-Mini - This is going to be the mod I would get if I were in your shoes. 75 watts with TC and takes a single 18650. The most accurate chip on the market outside of the Evolv DNA200. The "Tron" version of it comes with a very cool little tank as well but just getting the mod will suffice. If you're interested in the new 2 18650 version (The Cuboid), it uses the same chip (both firmware upgradeable with the cuboid being able to push 200 watts with the new update). I have only been testing the Cuboid for 4 days now, so I'm a bit weary to recommend it even though it's been great. The only negative I found is the flimsy, plastic battery door on the bottom of the mod so far.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I have a Radius. Very solid mod. The battery swap is more time consuming than most other 18650 mods. It's primarily designed to be charged via USB. And although it goes to 40W, I go through a battery way too quickly at anything above 20W. If I'm going to change a battery 3x per day I'd rather have their tube mods. Other people don't mind the battery swap. If you can get an 18650 to last all day and charge over night it's a great mod. I also have a small pile of P2.5's and a P3. When I use the Radius I use a Kabuki tank because it does a good job at 8-10 watts, giving me a decent battery life.
I wonder why you're getting such horrible battery life. Three times per day?? How much liquid do you go through? I go through about 10-12ml a day and I still get a days worth out of mine. That's 0.8 Ohms at 28W with a non-Clapton...my hits are 3-5sec MTL. I have two and I think they are both decent regarding battery life. I usually find myself having to charge just one of them a day. I mostly swap out (I don't mind the thumbs screws....smooth as silk), but if my battery is low around bed-time, I just leave it on the USB overnight.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Well while the Provari is very tempting I already purchased a few flat top 18650's for the kbox and realised the Provari uses the button tops so I went ahead and ordered the Evic mini for now. Thanks for everyone's help. Can you guys point me to a good Mech as I think that is a logical solution.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Well while the Provari is very tempting I already purchased a few flat top 18650's for the kbox and realised the Provari uses the button tops so I went ahead and ordered the Evic mini for now. Thanks for everyone's help. Can you guys point me to a good Mech as I think that is a logical solution.
FYI: The P1 and 2.5 use button tops the P3 and Radius use flat tops.

The VTC mini is a good one.

As far as unregulated, what do you want to use it for/with?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
The rx200 is amazing. If you use it at low watts the batterys will last forever! For the price they are great. My favorite
There are a couple cons with the RX200. Build quality is pretty janky and they are heavy. Also not pocket friendly.

I'd rather take 20 seconds to swap out a cell every two days than lug around three cells.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I wonder why you're getting such horrible battery life. Three times per day?? How much liquid do you go through? I go through about 10-12ml a day and I still get a days worth out of mine. That's 0.8 Ohms at 28W with a non-Clapton...my hits are 3-5sec MTL. I have two and I think they are both decent regarding battery life. I usually find myself having to charge just one of them a day. I mostly swap out (I don't mind the thumbs screws....smooth as silk), but if my battery is low around bed-time, I just leave it on the USB overnight.
I vape around 10-15ml/day and about a 1000 puffs/day, with an average of 2.5s per puff (I know that from other mods that report puff time). I have had two Radius, the first died an early death from the "bad cap" problem. Both performed the same. The battery life I get with the Radius is comparable to what I get from a Kbox Mini and two Evic VTC Minis. So I have reason to think the Radius has a problem. I simply do not understand the varying battery life reported. It is a mystery to me. But very few people report puff counts/day, and that has a lot to do with battery life. Puff time would be more useful but the Radius does not report that.

Reactions: Zombo

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I vape around 10-15ml/day and about a 1000 puffs/day, with an average of 2.5s per puff (I know that from other mods that report puff time). I have had two Radius, the first died an early death from the "bad cap" problem. Both performed the same. The battery life I get with the Radius is comparable to what I get from a Kbox Mini and two Evic VTC Minis. So I have reason to think the Radius has a problem. I simply do not understand the varying battery life reported. It is a mystery to me. But very few people report puff counts/day, and that has a lot to do with battery life. Puff time would be more useful but the Radius does not report that.
@Zombo - just checked some notes I took for a couple of days while I tracked Radius battery life. I was getting 250-350 puffs on a charge, at 20W. When I dropped it to 15W I got about 450 puffs. These tests were run with the Sammy 25R that came with the Radius and possibly also some of the 4 other 25R Blue versions I've had for awhile. Did not notice any appreciable differences between batteries.

Reactions: Zombo

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Well I have 2 Subtank minis,an IsubG, A bunch of Nauti's and mini's but would also like to add either a Kayfun,Lemo 2, or a Billowv2.I mostly tootle puff around .5 ohms at ,20 watts.
FYI: The P1 and 2.5 use button tops the P3 and Radius use flat tops.

The VTC mini is a good one.

As far as unregulated, what do you want to use it for/with?

jbnuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Trenton nj
Also ,I have been looking at the Wismec Reuleaux RX200 and wonder if anyone has experience with that brand.
I have the dna200 version and love it. No experience with the rx200... only difference is the chipset and price... otherwise identical mods.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Recommendations on a quality mech?
What's your budget? MMV in Athens is, unfortunately, on production hiatus due to the economic concerns over there-- I talked to Miriam and she said they can't get any stainless to make anything out of-- but a Poldiac or Nanos is top drawer if you can find one. Lot of people love the Caravelas and the G-Paps mods, but they're pricey. Gus mods, also in Greece, makes some fine gear with particularly smooth buttons, but I don't like them because they use a safety fuse in the button. For some people, that's a plus. You can find a Council of Vapor Kindred mod at $75 or under if you look around. That's a real good buy. A Wotofo Phantom is half that and is solid gear, albeit I don't care for the 510 adjustment (it works, but it's kinda chintzy; not too surprising at the price. It works just fine, but I compare it to the absolutely genius system in my Nanos and it seems a bit rough.) All that said, a $15 Nemesis clone from Fasttech (plus $2 for switch magnets) is likely to outlast any regulated mod ever built. There's nothing to go wrong or wear out.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
@Zombo - just checked some notes I took for a couple of days while I tracked Radius battery life. I was getting 250-350 puffs on a charge, at 20W. When I dropped it to 15W I got about 450 puffs. These tests were run with the Sammy 25R that came with the Radius and possibly also some of the 4 other 25R Blue versions I've had for awhile. Did not notice any appreciable differences between batteries.
Actually, that's not so far off from my experience, I think...you just take a lot more puffs per day than I do, although my puff time is about twice as long. I posted my count on the radius thread a while back while I was still on V18 (not sure if that matters). I think it was something like 187 puffs at 28W and 3-5sec puff time. Also, I usually have my boost set on 5. Yea, having to swap out batteries 3 times a day would get old very fast lol.

I

Reactions: VNeil

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Honestly, if you want vapocalypse worthy, a mech is the only way to go so another mech vote here. There are quite a few out there with amazing build quality that you can't go wrong with and can repair with a quick trip to the hardware store for a collapsed spring or what have you. My personal favorite for quite a long while has been a cartel. You won't find an authentic on the cheap very often but from what the reports have read, infinite's variant is as good if not better and can be bad for <$50.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread