Reliable 18650 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJazz117

Sep 1, 2015
Troy, MI USA
Someone mentioned this one earlier, but I have to comment on it a bit more...

The Koopor Mini - Single 18650, 60 watt (upgradable to 75), TC for Ni and Ti out of the box (upgradable to support SS). It is built like a truck, and comes with a silicone sleeve. The battery door is very securely held in place by two pairs of rare earth magnets, and the only way I can get it to rattle at all is to shake it to the point of almost dropping it. The buttons are all nice and clicky, and stick out from the body of the mod enough so they're easy to find, but not so much that they catch on pockets.

Someone vaping it at 20-25 watts should get at least 8 hours of use out of one charge. I run mine at 44 watts with a 0.32 Ohm setup in my Cthulu v2, and get about 4-6 hours, depending on how frequently I fire it up.

I have had mine since Christmas, and haven't stopped using it since.

Koopor_Mini_Cthulu_v2.jpg

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Someone mentioned this one earlier, but I have to comment on it a bit more...

The Koopor Mini - Single 18650, 60 watt (upgradable to 75), TC for Ni and Ti out of the box (upgradable to support SS). It is built like a truck, and comes with a silicone sleeve. The battery door is very securely held in place by two pairs of rare earth magnets, and the only way I can get it to rattle at all is to shake it to the point of almost dropping it. The buttons are all nice and clicky, and stick out from the body of the mod enough so they're easy to find, but not so much that they catch on pockets.

Someone vaping it at 20-25 watts should get at least 8 hours of use out of one charge. I run mine at 44 watts with a 0.32 Ohm setup in my Cthulu v2, and get about 4-6 hours, depending on how frequently I fire it up.

I have had mine since Christmas, and haven't stopped using it since.

Koopor_Mini_Cthulu_v2.jpg
Thats a nice looking setup! Thanks for the heads up! I am probably gonna pick up a Provari and a Mech mod and I should be good.Thank you everyone!!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Thats a nice looking setup! Thanks for the heads up! I am probably gonna pick up a Provari and a Mech mod and I should be good.Thank you everyone!!
That's actually a very good idea.
I'm not a Provari fanboy, but they are very well made devices, and have a stellar track record around here.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Thanks again for your help. Is it OK to get a clone as the real one is pricey. Any particular brand of clone I should look for?
The one I was going to suggest seems to be sold out at all the repuatible places. You might want to ask around in the Mech subforum for suggestions. Just stay away from "hybrid" mechs.

Mech Mods

Once you get some sugestions watch the reviews for those models. Grimmgreen is good for mech reviews.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I am going to hold off on the Mech until I familiarize myself with them. Don't want to burn my pretty face.lol I did order the Blemished Gold Provari for 50 bucks though. Thanks so much for that I probably would not have seen it. You guys/gals are so great and the maturity level here is just fantastic.

Last edited:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
The most time tested reliable 18650 mod you could buy now is probably the Provari P2.5, which Provape sells now for $99 (sometimes less) including an extension cap. They have a sale on their Gold Zenkote model right now at $49 including the extension cap (needed to get to 18650 length) and that is a great deal if you like the finish. The P2.5 has certain restrictions and as a tube mod it is quite long compared to a box mod but it will probably outlast just about anything else, just based on it's long history of reliable use.
My hero.:thumbs::thumb::banana:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Is IMR the best place for button tops? I bought 1 from provape but 13 bucks seems a little high.
They are a little cheaper from RTDVapes and they have the 3000 mAh models. If you find them much cheaper you have to be concerned about their authenticity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread