Reliable rechargeable battery charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnNightowl

Feb 18, 2011
Eden Prairie, MN
I'm going ice fishing for a couple days and will be without electricity. I once purchased some charging device at Best Buy for a road trip and it only charged Vapor Titan batteries for 4 hours before going kaput. I'm guessing I'll be chain vaping in the fish house, and would love to find a dual USB port rechargeable charger (not disposable) that I can trust. Not sure what the temps will be, but probably will sandbag battery charge to begin with. Anyone have any recommendations on a recharging station that I can charge up before the trip and rely upon as I rotate Vapor Titan batteries?

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
MnNightowl! I don't know much about charging stations, but I'm really excited that you're going ice-fishing! I grew up with a lil pond in my back yard, but I've never been ice-fishing. Perhaps you can post some pics when you return! Have fun :thumbs::lol::thumb:
pecheur0.gif

Reactions: Toronnah

MnNightowl

Feb 18, 2011
Eden Prairie, MN
Toronnah, thanks for the reply. I was hoping for something less substantial than a car battery booster but will definitely investigate. I am not real clear what the best size charger is... heck I'm even confused whether to use the 1.0 or 2.4 options in my iPod wall charger. My wife did pick up some iPad sized rechargeable charging station, but I'm not clear of something like that can be relied upon for a weekend in the cold.

Will do LV... but typically I just come home with a bunch of tall tales and a little hangover. :D

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Toronnah, thanks for the reply. I was hoping for something less substantial than a car battery booster but will definitely investigate. I am not real clear what the best size charger is... heck I'm even confused whether to use the 1.0 or 2.4 options in my iPod wall charger. My wife did pick up some iPad sized rechargeable charging station, but I'm not clear of something like that can be relied upon for a weekend in the cold.

Will do LV... but typically I just come home with a bunch of tall tales and a little hangover. :D

You said you are chain vaping for multiple days. What you have purchased previously was inadequate.

Go and investigate the power stations I'm talking about. They come in multiple sizes. Some as small as a soft drink can.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
You said you are chain vaping for multiple days. What you have purchased previously was inadequate.

Go and investigate the power stations I'm talking about. They come in multiple sizes. Some as small as a soft drink can.
I need that kind of thing for my phone :p

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
pTRU1-22074562dt.jpg
I need that kind of thing for my phone :p

For the phone I picked up a Duracell "portable power" cell. It's 3000mah and good for a full cell phone recharge. It's the size of an ego 650 battery. Charge it with a usb input (micro usb) then it charges your phone via the usb output (regular usb port) you can see both usb ports in the pic.

A 3 pack for $20 at Costco.

Reactions: LadyVapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
View attachment 529687

For the phone I picked up a Duracell "portable power" cell. It's 3000mah and good for a full cell phone recharge. It's the size of an ego 650 battery. Charge it with a usb input (micro usb) then it charges your phone via the usb output (regular usb port) you can see both usb ports in the pic.

A 3 pack for $20 at Costco.
that's really great! Thanks for sharing, Toronnah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread