Reliable Thick/Dark Juice Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjodmir

May 13, 2015
Hey, everyone. My gear: MVP, EVOD batteries, Mini PT3, nautilus (new BVCs) tanks.

I want to be able to vape the dark, creamy, butterscotch, custard, and tobacco flavors that I love so much, but recently my two vape setups just taste terrible no matter what I do. I've grown sick of the sugary, fruity flavors that only seem to work in my setup and so I type this with a lip full of Copenhagen and heart full of regret (I was tobacco free for almost a month). So, what setup can you recommend so that I can get back to vaping those thick, dark juices? I will try RDAs if it is the only reliable way.

Thanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Any "tank" system will struggle to provide enough liquid to the coil. The tiny wicks can't keep up supplying enough liquid to the coil, resulting in dry burnt hits. Thick dark flavors are the worse for gunking up coils and causing wicking issues.

I recommend either a bottom feeding box mod (mechanical) or a rebuildable drip atomizer on either a mech or regulated mod.

5e07d2c9-04b3-4f84-83e4-8ceed6c4a39c_zps47f7593a.jpg
Reo_zpse14363db.jpg
bottom feeding box mod (ie Reo mod)

Bottom feeding box mod is like a RDA which is fed the liquid from below by squeezing (or sqonking) a juice tank inside the mod.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Six months is about the time flavor fatigue sets in. It was a hard time for me, too. It might help using unflavored or something overtly strong like a coffee or pineapple for a week or two. If you have a juice bar locally, go visit and confirm if your taste is deadened across the board. Ask them if they can pull the base off one of your wonky coils to check the rubber grommet for scorching which could be your problem, also.

Have you tried the BDC coils in the Nauti? (haven't heard much good about BVC coils). Are your coils the new ones with cotton or the old ones with polyfil? if cotton, switch to polyfill, if polyfil, switch to cotton.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
if you want botht the reliability and portability get one of the rebuildable tanks that can handle subohm, thick vg juice with dark flavoring will gunk up premade coils like no other, so it would be better off to get a rta so u can just rewick it when it when it gets clogged, instead of replacing the whole head.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
iStick30/igoL. Best bang for the buck.

if you get an igo-L be prepared to drill out the airflow hole or get a new topcap, unless of course you like sucking through those tiny martini straws. I got an Igo-L on as my first RDA and that sucker is like a 1mm non adjustable airflow, stock airflow is horrible and caused the RDA to get uncomfortably hot.

Reactions: smacuser

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Yap, learn the RDA. Run just about anything you want in it. Changing wicks in a simple two coil set up takes about 5 minutes max. I used to wash mine out with every wick change, then I realized I don`t even need to do that, LOL. Vape em dry, pull em out, dry burn, brush the crud off, rewick, cut, tuck, VAPE!

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
oh yeah, forgot to mention. If you really dont want to learn how to build your own coils or dont want the fuss, you can order pre-made coils as well (not the premade tank type of coils, just the coils), fasttech sells them in bulk for cheap. You can use RDA's without having to deal with the fuss of rebuilding, the premade coils come with the resistance you want, and you can get them for as much as 50 pre-made coils (whatever resistance u chose) for only 10 bucks.

Found 143 pre-coiled at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

ordered a bunch recently in different resistances just to try out when im lazy and dont want to rebuild, and theyre not too shabby.

Reactions: DanJiblets

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    if you get an igo-L be prepared to drill out the airflow hole or get a new topcap, unless of course you like sucking through those tiny martini straws. I got an Igo-L on as my first RDA and that sucker is like a 1mm non adjustable airflow, stock airflow is horrible and caused the RDA to get uncomfortably hot.

You're right, I need to do that. I only started using it again once I got my iStick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread