Reload Rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

BartH33

Oct 11, 2017
Thx for the reply but it seems unlikely.
I tried a lot of cotton and toned it down to the point of leaking even tried different brands of cotton. I also have an ammit dual and it has more flavor but needs more cotton. I even played around with the height of cotton in the JFC. The wicking is super fast because I see bubbles from the moment I take a puff.

BartH33

Oct 11, 2017
Funny, you have problem with wicking channel I have problem with coil wicking and not the channel. For me the trick for perfect wicking was to move the cotton to the outer sides and make a small air hole in the center of the juice flow channel down to the juice flow port so that air can escape. My cotton is pretty losse in the JFC and have zero leaking. Tomorrow I am going to try ss flat Clapton wire and cotton bacon. I normally use kendo gold but maybe bacon is better for this rta

BartH33

Oct 11, 2017
So I tried a single coil flat Clapton 4mm and flavor was much better. Resistance was 0.18 5 wraps fitted just in the chamber. So it must be something with the coil placement. I think the cotton length is perfect when you cut just above the bottom o ring but you need to fluff the cotton up quite a bit. It needs to be loose in the JFC but only just.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Has to be your wicking

I too been struggling to get it right either to thin and short so I can barely get any cotton in there or I use to much I can't figure out where to cut the lengths sometimes

I've had all kinds of trouble with my Reload but it is one RTA that I feel is worth it because when I get it right it Vapes as good as anything I've ever vaped.

There is definitely a learning curve with using postless decks. I sometimes don't cut the legs of the coils to be perfectly even with each other.

I often get the wicking wrong too. I've had too little wicking resulting in leaking and too much wicking resulting in dry hot hits. I find that the wicking is perfect for me when the juice pops a bit when firing.

I've not yet been able to build a coil so well that I can hit the Reload multiple times in a short time period without getting a bit of a dry hit.

The worst problem I had was the grub screws. The installed grub screws seemed to not tighten down properly and behaved like screws that were partially stripped. It caused a lot of shorting.

I found that disappointing on a mod of this price and fame. I was forced to use 3 of the spare grub screws and thankfully that solved the shorting problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianblankg

Dec 3, 2015
After 20 wicks I think I get it now just made the wick in the coil super loose and cut it at the bottom of the base where the 510 is fluffed it now I can finally see cotton when I throw it all back together now to figure why I feel like I got no flavor
Flavor has to do with how the air flows around your coils so coil placement is where you need to focus. Not too high and not to close to the deck. I guess maybe a bit closer to the deck than the top. Imagine 2 straight lines from the 2 side air holes directly to the chimney and you want the airflow to hit on the top half of the coil. I use a 6 core 32g spaced kanthal on mine and the flavor and clouds are perfect.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Flavor has to do with how the air flows around your coils so coil placement is where you need to focus. Not too high and not to close to the deck. I guess maybe a bit closer to the deck than the top. Imagine 2 straight lines from the 2 side air holes directly to the chimney and you want the airflow to hit on the top half of the coil. I use a 6 core 32g spaced kanthal on mine and the flavor and clouds are perfect.

Where I'm at now still don't feel I'm getting good flavor every one tells me it tastes great but to me everything just a subtle flavor

Attachments

• 20171015_045459.jpg
    20171015_045459.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88

ianblankg

Dec 3, 2015
Where I'm at now still don't feel I'm getting good flavor every one tells me it tastes great but to me everything just a subtle flavor
Those are too close to the base. You can try just bending them closer to each other. They are too close to the holes. From the top down you want to line it up with the square shape of the deck. If that doesn't work, what I'd do is get something metal that's a slightly smaller diameter, heat up the coils then insert the metal and lift, kind of teeter totter, until it shrinks the diameter of the coil, raising it up a bit higher from the base. That's how I do all my builds, I build a diameter a bit bigger than I want, install them touching the base and do that technique to raise them up enough.

ianblankg

Dec 3, 2015
I've had them higher and it was worse had a dude who does 200 builds a day do the reload for me and I cut them exactly as the last build he did

Every reload video said to push them as close to the curved air flow as possible

Now sure what method your talking about I'd have to see a video
Like this pic, also do you vape the same ejuice all the time? If so it could be vapers tongue. But try like in the pic, that far off the deck. You don't want them too high either, there's a sweet spot. Definitely move the coils closer to each other, away from the holes a little bit, like in my pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread