Reload Rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    There's so many rdta's coming. The OBS Crius Rdta, the Perseus Rdta from Vandy Vape. I preordered the Kylin rta in Red. @Gallant loves his more than his beloved Exo.
    Did you consider the IJOY RDTA 5 I tested it for a day or so my 1st impression is impressive
    I posted some pictures in the thread

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    There's so many rdta's coming. The OBS Crius Rdta, the Perseus Rdta from Vandy Vape. I preordered the Kylin Rta in Red. @Gallant loves his more than his beloved Exo.
    Obs as a crius rdta coming out? Wow never heard of it,I'll have to go on there site and take a looksee

Reactions: Heartsdelight

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    There's so many rdta's coming. The OBS Crius Rdta, the Perseus Rdta from Vandy Vape. I preordered the Kylin Rta in Red. @Gallant loves his more than his beloved Exo.
    Oh you're talking about the frost from obs aren't you? Ya that thing was a joke and never really took off,the pilgrim does not have a lock to deal with,you just have to line up you're airflow with the coils,I try to avoid bottom air flow tanks as much as possible as they always give me issues:-(

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Oh you're talking about the frost from obs aren't you? Ya that thing was a joke and never really took off,the pilgrim does not have a lock to deal with,you just have to line up you're airflow with the coils,I try to avoid bottom air flow tanks as much as possible as they always give me issues:-(
    No I'm not talking about the Frost. YouTube 3fvape maybe has a vid it's the Obs Crius Rdta.

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    Sorry, too much "bling" for me. Looks too much like the equivalent of wearing 5 gold chains around your neck. It's like a bathroom with all gold fixtures.

Please understand, I realize looks are totally subjective and I am truly not criticizing anyone's taste. Heathen seems to LOVE the looks so I'm sure I am in the minority on this.

I hope the vape on this is fantastic for those that invest in it. Anything to keep us off the stinks!
    Hey bud hope all is well,hey have you checked the new obs crius rdta and the pilgrim yet? I pulled the trigger on the pilgrim but waiting on a review or 2 before ordering the crius rdta:unsure:

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 21, 2015
    Oh great, is this the place to vent a bit?

Got my Reload RTAs today via a shipping forwarder, so pretty expensive. Bought in the EU + shipping forwarder = ridiculous price but I really wanted to take a look at them and blow some money.

1. The silver one had a chip on the chimney, polished it out with the dremel and still barely visible. But unacceptable for this price (but ok.. errors happen)

2. Broke the glass when putting it on and off. The second time in 4 years of vaping ever that I broke a glass (first time was actually a manufacturer defect). The o-ring on top is borderline thick. Pretty sure it breaks again.

ok, so 1. bad luck and 2. maybe my fault

3. The threading quality is not at all "super smooth" and like made in the USA what most reviewers says. It is a super standard china threading. A bit sharp, a bit squeeky. Not bad, don't get me wrong but nowhere near better than wotofo or geekvape

4. It vapes ok. Just like a moonshot 24. I do vape the moonshot 24 daily for 18 month or so now, this one comes close.

Overall, it seems to be a good RTA (only used it for a few minutes though!), and I was willing to pay $50 for compared to a random china atty for smoother threads and overall better finish. What did I get? Just another China RTA.

I am done. I am so much done with US/UK stuff made in China. I really like the Sherman but the $20 clone is just as good. I like the people there so I dropped $100. Well, fine. But I can guarantee for this one that any clone for $15-$20 is exactly like this one.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015

Got my Reload RTAs today via a shipping forwarder, so pretty expensive. Bought in the EU + shipping forwarder = ridiculous price but I really wanted to take a look at them and blow some money.

1. The silver one had a chip on the chimney, polished it out with the dremel and still barely visible. But unacceptable for this price (but ok.. errors happen)

2. Broke the glass when putting it on and off. The second time in 4 years of vaping ever that I broke a glass (first time was actually a manufacturer defect). The o-ring on top is borderline thick. Pretty sure it breaks again.

3. The threading quality is not at all "super smooth" and like made in the USA what most reviewers says. It is a super standard china threading. A bit sharp, a bit squeeky. Not bad, don't get me wrong but nowhere near better than wotofo or geekvape

4. It vapes ok. Just like a moonshot 24. I do vape the moonshot 24 daily for 18 month or so now, this one comes close.

Overall, it seems to be a good RTA (only used it for a few minutes though!), and I was willing to pay $50 for compared to a random china atty for smoother threads and overall better finish. What did I get? Just another China RTA.

I am done. I am so much done with US/UK stuff made in China. I really like the Sherman but the $20 is just as good. I like the people there so I dropped $100. Well, fine. But I can guarantee for this one that any clone for $15-$20 is exactly like this one.
    That's sad :( it was suppose to be so well made according to the YouTube reviews.

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    :thumb::thumb:

I am done. I am so much done with US/UK stuff made in China. I really like the Sherman but the $20 clone is just as good. I like the people there so I dropped $100. Well, fine. But I can guarantee for this one that any clone for $15-$20 is exactly like this one.
    OMG that sucks,I feel so bad for you,and you bought 2 of them? How's the other one? I no longer trust YouTube reviewers any more,if I want the really skinny on a new item I check here first and see if any of the peeps have any opinions and advice,I hope you can live with all the cons and still get a great vape from them as you spent enough money to get them:thumbs:

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 21, 2015
    yes, actually I really really like the vape I get from it. Airflow fits perfect to my coils, flavor is very good compared to most other RTAs. I am not that much disappointed after vaping a few tanks since it is indeed good. But nonetheless I was hoping for BUTTER threads on a €75 RTA.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    yes, actually I really really like the vape I get from it. Airflow fits perfect to my coils, flavor is very good compared to most other RTAs. I am not that much disappointed after vaping a few tanks since it is indeed good. But nonetheless I was hoping for BUTTER threads on a €75 RTA.
    Thank you for saving me 70 bucks! Was really toying with picking one up for my bday, but if it's just Chinese junk for US-made prices, they can eat it!

Getting tired of these US campanies/manufacturers outsourcing to china (Dot Mod, Sherman, etc) but still keeping US-made prices, for subpar products. No thanks!

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2015
    Los Angeles

I am so glad you said this. I was about to pull the trigger on the Reload. My #1 flavor RTA is the Moonshot 24. I can pick up 3 more of them for the price of 1 Reload.

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2015
    Los Angeles
    I pulled the trigger on the reload RTA in stainless primarily for the looks and you only live once right

If I remember correctly you picked up an Envii Artisan. I would love to know how this compares. If you still have it, let me know what you think when the Reload shows up.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Thank you for saving me 70 bucks! Was really toying with picking one up for my bday, but if it's just Chinese junk for US-made prices, they can eat it!

Getting tired of these US campanies/manufacturers outsourcing to china (Dot Mod, Sherman, etc) but still keeping US-made prices, for subpar products. No thanks!

Hear hear! I totally agree.
    And the Chinese stuff is hit or miss as well.
    I get tanks (and mods) in pairs. All the recent purchases have been one good, one bad. And by bad I mean won't vape a lick. Some refused to admit there was a coil inside, some insisted the coils were way higher ohms than reality. Some leaked every drop of juice I put in the tank.
    I have had excellent luck with Steam Crave. 6 Supremes and 2 Plus, nary a problem with any of them.

I don't mind paying a higher price for quality. I am way past buying at mid price to find that you need to squish it in a vice, wick it with Argentinian pubic hair, or turn clockwise on a chair while holding the tank still to get it filled without issue.

A whole lot of these purchases were partly based on 'reviewers' who spent about an hour on it and posted their 'excellent' review.

Until the forum has an opinion on this or that, I'm holding off on pre-orders and first availability orders.

Unless I see something I really want! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread