Remedy Black (Pluid Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, I found it listed there after I asked. Strange description, since I know folks that use it and they've not mentioned any menthol/mint flavor from it specifically. If that's the case, I don't think its in Pluid because MM said he couldn't vape the recipe with menthol. Just my guess.
In TFA, it's listed under the menthol/mint category....so I may just be assuming....

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Yeah, I found it listed there after I asked. Strange description, since I know folks that use it and they've not mentioned any menthol/mint flavor from it specifically. If that's the case, I don't think its in Pluid because MM said he couldn't vape the recipe with menthol. Just my guess.

The Horehound has a minty effect along with the smooth tobacco. It's not menthol. With the my latest recipe the mint takes a backseat to the absinthe and is evident on the aftertaste, which I found to be similar to Pluid.

FYI: I am not on a Pluid replacement journey or anything. As Murdock replied on this thread it isn't perfect. I'm not spending tons of money to find a replacement. I couldn't justify spending the money on Pluid for how much was vaping it. I also couldn't spend so much effort trying to order some before the other Pluid hunters.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
I totally get it. The only plaid I have been able to get, was a 5ml sample that I won from MM when he first made it. I really didn't like it at first, but after a LONG steep...I rather enjoyed it. Was a nice change of pace for me compared to my norms. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't need to be perfect to be enjoyable, but the closer the better. ;)

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I totally get it. The only plaid I have been able to get, was a 5ml sample that I won from MM when he first made it. I really didn't like it at first, but after a LONG steep...I rather enjoyed it. Was a nice change of pace for me compared to my norms. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't need to be perfect to be enjoyable, but the closer the better. ;)

I agree! Though I've found taking a little info from this recipe and another has made an extremely close taste. Since I'm out of Pluid, I can not confirm fully. This can also be cut and gives the same results as reduced Pluid as far as taste. I know there is a difference, but I no longer care. Its just good stuff!

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Ok, here is my best mix so far....pluidesk.....not Pluid.....

10 ml bottle
100mg cut to 18mg
TFA Flavorings
15% flavor
50/50 mix

1.8ml 100mg PG based nic (18%)
1.7ml PG (17%)
5.0 ml VG (50%)
1.5ml TFA flavoring (using the included pipettes @ 30 drops/ml)
20 drops Absinthe
10 drops Lemon/Lime
10 drops Orange Cream
5 drops Smooth

I really don't think there is any horehound in his mix. It was way too minty (NyQuil flavor and feel). But I did notice the cloudiness comes from the Absinthe. And I'm not going to put the food coloring in mine. I just want the flavor, don't care about the color.

Either way...this is tasting great right now! :D I know I don't have it, doubt anyone will ever be able to. But this is good either way!

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC

10 ml bottle
100mg cut to 18mg
TFA Flavorings
15% flavor
50/50 mix

1.7ml PG (17%)
5.0 ml VG (50%)
20 drops Absinthe
10 drops Lemon/Lime
10 drops Orange Cream
5 drops Smooth

I really don't think there is any horehound in his mix. It was way too minty (NyQuil flavor and feel). But I did notice the cloudiness comes from the Absinthe. And I'm not going to put the food coloring in mine. I just want the flavor, don't care about the color.

Either way...this is tasting great right now! :D I know I don't have it, doubt anyone will ever be able to. But this is good either way!

I will give this one a shot. Do you think it's more like the reduced strength? I was thinking full strength was closer to 30% total flavoring. Of course, I do not need the full flavor to like it. Also, is your TFA Absinthe cloudy? Or just when mixed causes the cloudiness? My bottle is very clear, but the FA Anise is cloudy for sure. When mixed it isn't nearly as cloudy though.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
In the glass bottle it's clear, but as soon as I dropped it in the mixing bottle it turned cloudy white...freaked me out for a minute. Yeah, I would say probably half strength, though the mix is 5% higher the TFA recommends. They say 10% mix.

Cloudy isn't a bad thing. I remember my bottle of pluid being cloudy green. But I also remember it being said that Pluid is very bad for certain materials. Hope the cloudy look isn't because it's dissolving my bottle! :blink: Wouldn't want to vape something that can destroy plastic, as well as our bodies.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Thanks UA72Riddle for another version of the Pluidish DIY. The more recipes we put up the more someone has a chance to find something they love!

My Pluid clone was green because the Decadent Vapours Absinthe came in that color. The Nature Flavors Orange is what made it cloudy. Not my intention but it looks eerily like Pluid. The orange was the only cloudy flavoring in my mix.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
In the glass bottle it's clear, but as soon as I dropped it in the mixing bottle it turned cloudy white...freaked me out for a minute. Yeah, I would say probably half strength, though the mix is 5% higher the TFA recommends. They say 10% mix.

Cloudy isn't a bad thing. I remember my bottle of pluid being cloudy green. But I also remember it being said that Pluid is very bad for certain materials. Hope the cloudy look isn't because it's dissolving my bottle! :blink: Wouldn't want to vape something that can destroy plastic, as well as our bodies.

I don't think you have anything to worry about regarding the glass bottle. Also, I believe it is the citric acid in Pluid that causes plastic tank issues.

The flavoring recommendations are just recommendations. I've found around 20% total flavoring is where I like these mixes the best. Not full strength Pluid level, but reduced. I have been patiently awaiting availability of the real deal, but have found myself not even checking lately. Some these recipes do seem to work for the meantime.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Oh I'm not really too concerned, it was the "chemistry experiment gone wrong" feeling that hit me when it turned cloudy. Not sure why it did, as it is clear in the glass TFA bottle. Most of my tanks are metal anyway, so plastics, other than the bottles, are really of no concern.

I know each person that tastes a juice might taste something different. So when I mixed mine, I mainly just went with what I remember tasting that I liked about it. I doubt it will ever be recreated exactly....but it's fun to get in groups like this and try. :) And to add to that, each different recipe might change the way someone that didn't care for the original looks at this complex flavor, and actually find a vape that they really enjoy. The beauty of DIY...if you don't like something...create something different. ;)

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv

10 ml bottle
100mg cut to 18mg
TFA Flavorings
15% flavor
50/50 mix

1.7ml PG (17%)
5.0 ml VG (50%)
20 drops Absinthe
10 drops Lemon/Lime
10 drops Orange Cream
5 drops Smooth

Great mix, thanks for sharing!

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Most likely it is a home-made wormwood extraction of some sort for the Absinthe, or some essential oil. I would try it myself but my husband doesn't like anise-like vapes. I'll stick to my tobacco extractions.

I did make a nice one with TFA Absinthe, FW Ecto cooler, TFA Mint Candy, Dragonfruit and a touch of koolata. Turned out nice. He vaped a tank of it and said it was very tingly.
I have no clue if its "pluid-ish". I ended up giving it to a friend.

Last edited:

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
Pluid Clone Perfected

20% Decadent Vapours Absinthe
4% TFA Horehound
2% TFA Smooth
1% Natures Flavors Organic Orange

same recipe but used 10% TFA triacetin absinthe and a 2% FA orange. Had to use 50/50 PG/VG because the triacetin will seperate in high VG concentrations and float on top. it looks like air bubbles but its the triacetin coming to solution that makes it cloudy.

if you do this make sure you dont use plastic tanks, this stuff will crack plastic like no tomorrow.

20130228_220718_zps084c6efa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread