Remedy Black (Pluid Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
same recipe but used 10% TFA triacetin absinthe and a 2% FA orange. Had to use 50/50 PG/VG because the triacetin will seperate in high VG concentrations and float on top. it looks like air bubbles but its the triacetin coming to solution that makes it cloudy.

How did it turn out?

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Most likely it is a home-made wormwood extraction of some sort for the Absinthe, or some essential oil. I would try it myself but my husband doesn't like anise-like vapes. I'll stick to my tobacco extractions.

I did make a nice one with TFA Absinthe, FW Ecto cooler, TFA Mint Candy, Dragonfruit and a touch of koolata. Turned out nice. He vaped a tank of it and said it was very tingly.
I have no clue if its "pluid-ish". I ended up giving it to a friend.

I'm pretty sure it is not a homemade wormwood extraction.
Murdock Ruml said:
junebugg1999 said:
I'll try to be there.... Gotta try ta win some
Pluid.... Is there any wormwood n it
Murdock?
No wormwood. So you won't go crazy. Well, you might go crazy trying to figure it out.
However, what mix you made sounds pretty good!

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
nyquil... ive diluted the absinthe down to 4% in another mix with orange and its still way overpowering. I'm learning that Triacetin based flavors behave a little differently than PG or PGA based flavors

I was a little tempted to get that version, but haven't heard a lot of feedback for it. Nyquil isn't far off from many peoples description of Pluid though! That's funny.

I was thinking about trying LorAnn's Nat Anise, but I think it is oil, so it may not work well. The one you have has the cloudy part down, but there is a distinct milky look to it as well.

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
This is some blueberry candy that I mixed @ 13% in 50/50 pg/vg. I wound up dilutting that down to ~3% too, its been a while since I messed with tri. because I started vaping higher vg juice but I'm moving back to a pg mix

Don't know if the pic worked, I'm on mobile

Attachments

• 20130228_230218-1.jpg
    20130228_230218-1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 160

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
Hey Murdock, You've awesome. I'm going to try a bottle of your juice, not pluid, only because you're not being a jerk towards us poor DIY peoples. I don't like black licorice flavors too much but I read through this thread anyway. Im sure you use some sort of amazing 20 ingredient mixture consisting of bacon and wompa blood in pluid, and I'm glad you're participating for some peoples sanity for a perfect clone. Thanks dude!

No wormwood. So you won't go crazy. Well, you might go crazy trying to figure it out.

shawnatjr

Moved On
Dec 25, 2012
Norlina NC
and I'm glad you're participating for some peoples sanity for a perfect clone. Thanks dude!

sanity.......lol not here, going nuts.
but truth of the matter is just like anything, no recipe is easy to recreate its amazing......I have my grandmothers potato salad recipe yet even following it exactly i cant recreate the magic that is her potato salad, just saying lol

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
But that will not stop me from trying to make something as close as possible....im pretty content with my last batch.....

Whats your last batch?

i'm going to try this as my first

Absinthe Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 7%
Pineapple Flavor (TFA) 3%
Lemon Lime Flavor (TFA) 2%
Blueberry Extra TFA Flavor 4%
Sour 20% - Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 2%
Koolada 10% PG Flavor (TFA) 2%

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
Doc Mike's Beautiful Mistake:
Blueberry Extra TFA Flavor 5-8% (WHOOPS)
Sour 20% - Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 0% (Tried to correct the WHOOPS)

Final Solution ? ~18mg 60/40 PG/VG

Shaken for 5 minutes (timed)
Space Heated for 1.5 hours.
Shaken infrequently till cooled (15 minutes?)
Vaped in a phoenix RBA.

I actually like it a lot. First taste is an odd Pineapple/Lemon Lime, blueberry flavor is very light even though theres more of it..., exhale is awesome light cool absinthe flavor. I REALLY wanted the light licorice flavor :D Next batch I'll swap blueberry for another fruit and add more koolada. When this 20ml is done Ill definitely be revisiting citrus absinthe mixes.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Doc Mike's Beautiful Mistake:
Blueberry Extra TFA Flavor 5-8% (WHOOPS)
Sour 20% - Flavor Concentrate (TFA) 0% (Tried to correct the WHOOPS)

Final Solution ? ~18mg 60/40 PG/VG

Shaken for 5 minutes (timed)
Space Heated for 1.5 hours.
Shaken infrequently till cooled (15 minutes?)
Vaped in a phoenix RBA.

I actually like it a lot. First taste is an odd Pineapple/Lemon Lime, blueberry flavor is very light even though theres more of it..., exhale is awesome light cool absinthe flavor. I REALLY wanted the light licorice flavor :D Next batch I'll swap blueberry for another fruit and add more koolada. When this 20ml is done Ill definitely be revisiting citrus absinthe mixes.

Kiwi double mixed in gives a nice candy note, or something like that for me. It isn't a bad taste, I think it adds something to the overall flavor profile. I haven't tried blueberry with absinthe yet, may try that.

bugler

Jan 29, 2013
nc
Not yet, but I have just about every licorice, anise, absinthe etc flavor to play around with, even rootbeers and sassafras. Funny thing is ive always hated licorice type flavors, but tried a licorice juice on a whim and loved it which is how I heard of pluid. Unfortunately ive never tried pluid, so im just looking for a yum juice, not a clone.

Vaping my current pluidish juice now (absinthe, kiwi, ecto) refilled over a juice containing cinnamon and bergamot and the slight hint is very complementary...

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Who knows what lurks in Mad Murock's Radiator Pluid? Only Mad Murdock knows!

Not yet, but I have just about every licorice, anise, absinthe etc flavor to play around with, even rootbeers and sassafras. Funny thing is ive always hated licorice type flavors, but tried a licorice juice on a whim and loved it which is how I heard of pluid. Unfortunately ive never tried pluid, so im just looking for a yum juice, not a clone.

Vaping my current pluidish juice now (absinthe, kiwi, ecto) refilled over a juice containing cinnamon and bergamot and the slight hint is very complementary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread