Remembering Christopher Pfrang (aka, Chakris..."Chak")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It is with deep sadness to report that we lost a dear friend from the HHV Army a couple of days ago. We are shocked and extremely saddened by this news. It's so hard to imagine we will no longer see Chris around. We simply were not, or are not prepared for this.

The Big Thread began nearly five years ago and Chris joined shortly after. He posted daily and often. He was truly a fixture in our ECF world. We knew Chris very well. Living abroad and with his crazy sleep schedule we could expect to hear from Chris at any time of day or night. Sometimes our opinions on matters can get a little testy. Never Chris. Never! He never had a bad thing to say about anyone often choosing to be a calming voice. He was fun and funny and self deprecating and caring and positive and a bit goofy and just an all around good guy.

I look forward to the day when I can look back on Chris and smile. But for now it is too painful. Rest in Peace my dear friend. God be with you.

vapin_hat_01-jpg.515955

For those wanting to remember Chak please leave your comments below. We will try and get them to his family.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Chris was friendly, goofy, a lover of sci-fi, gadgets, computers - and he always made everyone feel welcome. We got to know about Thailand, baking bread, caring for "yeasty beasties" and unsuccessful drone flights. Chris loved his family, and we were lucky to be among his friends. Our hearts are broken and our thoughts and prayers are with Sue, Tiffany and all who knew and loved him.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I have spent my morning crying since I found out about his passing.

I don't open up too much to very many people, whether in real life or online. But with Chris, I always felt I could just be me. Very few people in life that are like that and they are precious when you find them - he was one of those precious few.

I never told him what his kindness in the HHV thread meant to me. Bronze invited me to join in but I stayed in that thread very much due to the kindness shown by Chris, he made me feel welcome, wanted, and a part of a group. Others did too, but Chris did the most. I wish I would have told him that, while he lived.

I pray for his family, that they make it through this tough time, it's heartbreaking to loose a loved one, and I'm sure their grief is nearly too much.

I will mail a card (I cannot afford flowers) to the family.. (I have his brothers address, as I recently sent him batteries and a charger to that address.. ) If anyone knows a more appropriate address please let me know.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Chris was one of the good guys. We had our share of chats in the early days. Saying goodbye is never easy, and it's never been one of my strengths. I'm going to miss his energy around here. Truly a shock learning about his passing, but he's up there with some of our other old guards, and we will catch up on the good times in a better place/time.

R.I.P my friend, until we meet again!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Chak, you posted on the forum everyday. We never knew for sure what time you would pop in to chat. You delighted me with your warmth and humor. I always respected your love of family. I loved how you spoke of them, and posted the wonderful photos. I am so glad that you got to see your new grandbaby. You adored your wife, and it was plain to see. I will miss hearing about what you are cooking up, and the photos you posted of the food. (even though it did make me hungry) You were my friend, and you left a hole in my heart. Everyone on here loved you. If we feel such a loss as this, I cannot imagine how your family must be feeling. It brings tears to my eyes. I will always miss you my friend. Rest in peace.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I spent the morning reading the original Big Thread to find the first time Chak posted:

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD

Memories flood through me.

Chak, you will be missed. You are so much a part of HHV and are memorialized within all these threads.

Rest In Peace my friend :wub:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Chak, you are so very loved and very missed. The "night watch" HHV thread with you and Phil was a huge highlight of my day. It just feels like today is all wrong somehow, because I keep looking for you to pop in any time. So many times I'd get an envelope with some pre-made coils or an atty, for no reason at all other than you were just being yourself, an all around good guy with a heart of pure gold. God Bless You Chris. I still can't believe you're gone. My sympathies goes out to Sue, Tiffany and the rest of your family. Knowing how much we all hurt here, it has to be completely devastating for them. I'll still keep a lookout for you on the thread. I can't help myself.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
It's strange how you can have a "friend" that you've never met and only seen photos of from time to time. But Chak was indeed a friend to all of us. He was consistently funny, wacky, interesting and even-handed with everyone. In short, he was just simply a great guy.

And now, those of us who knew him have a big hole in our hearts that time will eventually fill. That wound will heal, but the scar tissue will always be there to remind us of how much we lost when Chris was taken away. I think all of us are wrestling with this, trying to make sense of it and trying to absorb the finality of losing him.

There is nothing any of us can say that will ease the devastation his family must feel. The hole in my heart must pale in comparison to the giant chasm left in the hearts of his family. I can only offer my condolences and prayers along with the assurance that Chris left more behind in this world than he took from it.

Muhammed Ali said "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth." Chris, your rent is not only paid in full, but is pre-paid far in advance. Rest in peace my friend.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
I'm still having a hard time processing that Chris is no longer with us. I've been reminiscing on all the laughs he provided us. The man had a heart of gold, a quick wit, and beautiful spirit. He shared with us seemingly everything. Living overseas he had different experiences than I have and he shared the culture, cuisine, traffic conditions and political situations with us. I learned a lot from his posts.

First and foremost though, he loved his family fiercely. He was the most devoted husband that i have ever come across. Truly inspirational. I remember Sue falling in the garden and him making her a nice bench in the garden so she could continue to spend time out there, without falling. finding a solution, and following through.

I remember him choosing the father daughter song for her wedding. And i cried, because he loved her so much, and because everyone should have a relationship like that with their dad. He set the bar high!

I was so happy to see he got to meet his grand daughter! What a beauty she is.

And while i'm sad to have lost a friend, my heart and prayers go out to everyone he left behind. May you all find strength and peace during this impossibly difficult time. Remember all the good times, what it felt like to be loved by him and wrap those feelings around you.

I will miss you Chris, you were one of a kind and most definitely a friend.

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
Rest in peace Christopher,you were a good friend here on the forum and we had good private conversations (here and on teamspeak) about our wives and their health issues.
We will see each other in the afterlife and times will be good again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread