Renegade X-Mod kit - by Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
I have been looking for a good quality dual 18650 SX350J mod, and just couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. I tried the Boxer, and it's great, but doesn't fit well in a pocket. Then I tried the Fortress mod, another 3d printed box, it's a really nice size, fits great in hand and pocket, but just feels cheap. Not to mention several attempts at getting the box and lid to be exactly the same size. Shapeways' QC is not all it should be. Then I came across this Renegae kit on Varitube. I received 2 kits on Monday, they look and feel great and are only slightly bigger than the Fortress mod. Right now I'm waiting for an invoice from OCD Mods to ship them out and have them Cerakoated. The box, screws, and buttons will be done in Graphite Black. I have the black 510's and Miltec buttons standing by. I'm tempted to leave one in the brushed aluminum finish, just so I can build one now and start enjoying it.

0826151234b.jpg

0826151234a.jpg

0824151908a.jpg

0824151909.jpg

Reactions: Tagi

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
:hubba: Masty or Perry or whoever it is did a great job on these. I will be ordering a kit as soon as I can. My only concern is the width of the box. A 1550P is pretty comfortable for me I have a couple I use on the daily. I dont know if something wider would be to big. It probably would be a at home device anyway so it probably would be ok. Either way its a concern. Do you have something to compare it too in a image?

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Ordered mine last Tuesday after watching The Plumes of Hazard...

Tech Time covered the kit and began assembling it. Time 1:25:45

Received mine Friday. Began assembly Saturday, and finished it Today.

Sweet Mod, worth every penny. Also as a bonus... it was already at 120 Watts.

I learned a lot. Would I buy another/do it again? Yes!!!

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: Onedesign1

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
Ordered mine last Tuesday after watching The Plumes of Hazard...

Tech Time covered the kit and began assembling it. Time 1:25:45

Received mine Friday. Began assembly Saturday, and finished it Today.

Sweet Mod, worth every penny. Also as a bonus... it was already at 120 Watts.

I learned a lot. Would I buy another/do it again? Yes!!!

Jim

The V2.2 update takes it to 150w. V2.23 adds titanium support but puts it back to 120w.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
The V2.2 update takes it to 150w. V2.23 adds titanium support but puts it back to 120w.
For right now... I am happy with where it's at.

Although, I am very pleased that I/we have these options with this board.

It is a fine product and device to add to my collection.

This is the third variable box mod that I have purchased. Had I to do over again, this would have been the first.

Jim

FreeJersey

Verified Member
May 21, 2015
NJ
Finally received my boxes back from OCD Mods. The Cerakote came out even better than I had hoped. I kind of rushed it a bit throwing it together, but I had to get one done. I can always go back and clean up the insides later. Very happy with the outcome. I had the box, buttons and screw heads Cerakoted graphite black. I used a black Varitube 510 and a black Miltec clicky button.

0925152118c.jpg

0925152118b.jpg

0925152118a.jpg

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Finally received my boxes back from OCD Mods. The Cerakote came out even better than I had hoped. I kind of rushed it a bit throwing it together, but I had to get one done. I can always go back and clean up the insides later. Very happy with the outcome. I had the box, buttons and screw heads Cerakoted graphite black. I used a black Varitube 510 and a black Miltec clicky button.

0925152118c.jpg

0925152118b.jpg

0925152118a.jpg
Looks real good!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread