REO CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
At 1/5 the price the clone should have shortcomings.

The price isn't the reason for shortcomings. The cloners didn't design it so they don't have the understanding the creator of the product has, so they make mistakes.

I understand peoples loyalty to the authentic. I felt the same way years ago as a Golden Greek fan when clones of the Odysseus came out, but the world moves on. I've been vaping for years, the Reo was around the entire time and I never wanted to buy one. I still wouldn't, but a $30 clone is a different story, even with its shortcomings.

If Rob, or whatever his name is, wanted to he could have had his Reo's manufactured in China years ago at a reasonable price point, but he didn't and I imagine his fans wouldn't have wanted him to either. So we end up at this place. I understand his fans, I have felt the same way, but the market has changed, and there just isn't many people who will pay more than a hundred dollars for anything. I got tired of financially ruining myself spending thousands on authentic gear just to see it cloned. I felt like I was paying for research and development for other's benefit. All my authentics are retired to cheap clones of newer better things

Maybe a few new people will like this clone and purchase the authentic, loyal fans with the funds will likely still buy, but for me I will happily take my voltage drop, wrong threaded center pin, and whatever else for thirty bucks, and then put it down when the next cheep thing comes out to play with.

Reactions: wabah58

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I am a Reo fanboy and I own both. Is the clone worth $30? Yes. Is a Reo worth 5x the price? Yes. For those that are looking for a cheap way to get introduced to squonking, you can't get better value or performance than this clone. If you want more refinement in finish and performance, easily purchased and serviceable parts, and you can afford it, get a Reo. If not, then get a clone. I personally don't see much to debate.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I am a Reo fanboy and I own both. Is the clone worth $30? Yes. Is a Reo worth 5x the price? Yes. For those that are looking for a cheap way to get introduced to squonking, you can't get better value or performance than this clone. If you want more refinement in finish and performance, easily purchased and serviceable parts, and you can afford it, get a Reo. If not, then get a clone. I personally don't see much to debate.
^^^ Nailed it!!!

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Ok. Had the clone a few weeks now. Previous reviewers have already written everything that needs to be said. Not having ever owned or used a genuine Reo Grand I assume this is just a very crude, but functional, version of it. A good way to figure out if squonking interests you though.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I love how someone that thinks the authentic is better is instantly labeled a "fanboy". :rolleyes:

I never stated that everyone should buy an authentic Reo rather than the Chinese clone but the fact of the matter is that the clone is inferior to the authentic in several ways, as I stated in my original post. It's up to the consumer to decide if the original is worth the extra cost and for me it is worth every penny. If you can't afford a genuine Reo, or are satisfied with an inferior product, then the clone may suit you very well.

I have had clones (still do) that are every bit as good as the originals, but that is just not true in this instance, and I hope that folks that buy this clone aren't under the impression that it is representative of the real deal - it's not.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
it isn't even an Low Profile. I'm sure there is more but I will leave that to others.
I ask you who will replace all the substandard parts and make repairs if needed.

in the beginning none of the Reo's were LP either,so much for that point eh !!

as far as repairing the clones ? some of us have been modding gear that was sub standard by todays standards ,so no biggie there

KUI has a feature in it i really wish at least one of my Reo's had,in fact i am going to mod all of my Reo's to incorporate that really great feature that was thought up by somebody over in China,not in good ol us of a

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I don't know why people talk about "fanboys" like they are scum of the earth. everyone is a "fanboy" of something. on this thread I see lots of clone and china "fanboys" ;)

as long as there is fanbois,there will be fanboi haters ,should have been around when the Pro was mainstream ,it was ugly

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Nice, roxy...definitely hard to argue it's worth at $20. I may get one while I wait around for saving for another vkiwi..love to support our own.

Rob made a hell of a product, and he brought the concept of bottom feeding to the attention of the whole world..just not my preference in aesthetics and feeling in hand...maybe if something different came along..besides just modifications. I'm sure he's doing fine as is.

I'm not in the general or new members section much anymore. Due to the constant streaming of "get a provari(or reo)," with the budget in plain site of being well under the requirements, wore me out..not only that, but this was common in "my first ecig threads." I started with ego-t and bridged dripping atomizers..when an ego might be too much for many beginners.

Passion and support doesn't make you a fanboy, blind following, recommendation, and superiority does.

gertan72

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
İstanbul - TÜRKİYE
Ok just built it. I had to make some adjustments. The drop read 3.5 volts on a 1.2 ohm single coil. Btw the ERA fits beautifully:) I removed some paint at the negative spring. I also replaced the positive tab with an authentic positive tab. Reads 3.8 volts now woot ! Nice vape. Pretty much the same drop as a real REO. My authentic reads 3.9 volts probably because the 510 connector is still brass. The clone body is definitely aluminum. The firing button is smaller, and lighter to the touch. I kinda like it. The diameter is smaller on this button. I could always sand down the real one if I wanted to. But it's not really bugging me. For 25 bucks this mod is a steal. This will make a great mod for work. This Inawera Classic Camel is tasting mighty good right now ;) Oh, one more thing. The bottles are soft plastic.

hi,i removed paint under the spring but then spring collapsed.and try fuse but same thing happen.thare is a short but i dont know how?it begin after the removed paint,can you know is it about paint?

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Removing the paint should not cause a short.

Your short is somewhere else. What is the actual resistance of your atomizer?

Not sure what the hot spring on the clone is rated at but I don't run mine lower than 1 ohm for that reason. The spring on the old Reos would collapse if the resistance was too low without being a dead short. The updated contacts on the genuine Reo will allow for sub-ohm atomizers, but not sure about the clone.

Reactions: gertan72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread